Quantcast Headac3he: Audio Sync Problem - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
  #1  
07-08-2004, 05:10 AM
raquien raquien is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Philippines
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi, a newbie here..

I've been reading a lot from this forum for a week now but I can't seem to get the right setting for my KVCD..

I have this audio synchronization problem when I am muxing it using BBmpeg.. I encoded the audio using headache downsampling it to 44.1kHz from 48kHz.. my video was encoded using tmpeg..

I am converting this from 16:9 PAL 25fps DVD to KVCD NTSC 352X240 23.976 fps.. after converting this i've noticed that the duration reported in media player for my video is 1:50:31 and the mp2 encoded audio is 2:12:38..

can somebody help me why this is happening? i consider asking as my last resort but i just can't figure this out.

Thanks for the help.
Reply With Quote
Someday, 12:01 PM
admin's Avatar
Site Staff / Ad Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 42
Thanks: ∞
Thanked 42 Times in 42 Posts
  #2  
07-08-2004, 05:27 AM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
for sure, you have to convert also the framerate of the audio to mach the new one (23.976).

Encode it with besweet and not headache. Besweet has option to do 25->23.976 conversion.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
07-09-2004, 01:33 AM
raquien raquien is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Philippines
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i've heard that besweet can't convert from 25fps > 23.976 fps and from 48kHz to 44.1kHz at the same time.

i'll try it though and see if i would be lucky this time..

but can someone explain me why the time duration of my audio and video is different?

Thanks for the help..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
07-09-2004, 03:25 AM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raquien
but can someone explain me why the time duration of my audio and video is different?
When you have somtehing that should be read at 25 fps but it is read a 23.976 fps that is normal to have it longer, no ?
(if you drive your car at 23.976 mps you will take longer to make the travel than at 25 mps, that's logical).

But here you also have a problem in the length of the video reported because 1.h50/25 * 23.976 != 2h12.

But this kind of error is current and is just a bug in the time reported for the video. Tell us the length of the source.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
07-09-2004, 04:34 AM
raquien raquien is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Philippines
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
When you have somtehing that should be read at 25 fps but it is read a 23.976 fps that is normal to have it longer, no ?
(if you drive your car at 23.976 mps you will take longer to make the travel than at 25 mps, that's logical).

But here you also have a problem in the length of the video reported because 1.h50/25 * 23.976 != 2h12.

But this kind of error is current and is just a bug in the time reported for the video. Tell us the length of the source.
I got your point, that is why I am wondering why i got lesser time with 23.976fps.. it should be longer right? the duration in the DVD source reported that it is 2:12:38, take note that this is exactly the same with my audio duration. maybe this is the reason why i can't get this video and audio sync.

I've also noticed just recently that DVD2AVI reported the frame rate as 20.000 fps PAL. I just can't get it.

thanks for the help..
Reply With Quote
  #6  
07-09-2004, 04:40 AM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raquien
I got your point, that is why I am wondering why i got lesser time with 23.976fps.. it should be longer right?
Yes, right. But as I told youn the length reported for the video after a convert into KVCD is often wrong (that is a player matter). I think that is the first KVCD you are doing ? Or did you do others before that ? Was the time correct with them ?

Quote:
the duration in the DVD source reported that it is 2:12:38, take note that this is exactly the same with my audio duration. maybe this is the reason why i can't get this video and audio sync.
For sur it is !

Quote:
I've also noticed just recently that DVD2AVI reported the frame rate as 20.000 fps PAL. I just can't get it.
Because you forgot to uncheck the option "force film". This option must be used for NTSC sources only and never for PAL.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
07-09-2004, 05:16 AM
raquien raquien is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Philippines
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
yeah, you're right this is my first KVCD so i need time and hardwork to make this work. I just can't burn it to CD because i always got unsynchronized audio and video after muxing.

I'll try to process again with DVD2AVI without checking the force film..

Thanks man, I'll give you update when i have the results..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
07-09-2004, 11:46 PM
raquien raquien is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Philippines
Posts: 11
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Phil.

I finally got it muxed perfectly, the error I got was when enabled the forced film feature in DVD2AVI.

Thanks to all..
Reply With Quote
Reply




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HeadAC3he: Bad audio Sync, words out of phase from video CheronAph Audio Conversion 11 09-23-2003 05:30 AM
HeadAC3he: Sync problem, Sound 8 sec ahead of picture Godfather411 Audio Conversion 3 02-06-2003 07:11 AM
HeadAC3he: Audio and Video Sync problems gyrene2083 Audio Conversion 19 02-02-2003 08:23 AM
HeadAC3he: Audio sync problems J-Wo Audio Conversion 7 01-26-2003 09:56 PM
HeadAC3he: Audio sync after headache theskid Audio Conversion 3 08-01-2002 11:25 AM

Thread Tools



 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 PM  —  vBulletin Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd