digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]

digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives] (http://www.digitalfaq.com/archives/)
-   Authoring VCD, DVD, Blu-ray (http://www.digitalfaq.com/archives/author/)
-   -   How to properly burn KSVCD using nero or vcdeasy ? (http://www.digitalfaq.com/archives/author/10271-how-properly-burn.html)

shin-x 06-14-2004 03:54 AM

How to properly burn KSVCD using nero or vcdeasy ?
 
i made a KSVCD that is 2 hours 1 minute long, 480x480 NTSC FILM

if i try to use vcdeasy 2.0.2 to make an SVCD image it says that the video is too long and that its clipping it to 100 minutes.

i know thats the length for a svcd and that ksvcd give incorrect times on a dvd player so does it actually clip the movie or can i just ignore that?

also, in nero for KSVCD am i just supposed to burn it as SVCD and uncheck the standard svcd box?

i see a lot of people saying that for vcd but nothing about svcd and i want to make sure its the same before i burn this.

normally i wouldnt care so much but i only have 3 cds left :D

Dialhot 06-14-2004 04:01 AM

Re: how do i properly burn a KSVCD using nero or vcdeasy 2.0
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shin-x
if i try to use vcdeasy 2.0.2 to make an SVCD image it says that the video is too long and that its clipping it to 100 minutes

Don't worry : it just clip the length declared in the header of the svcd, but not the movie itself ! Very few standalones use really these information and you will see all your movie with no problem.

Quote:

i know thats the length for a svcd and that ksvcd give incorrect times on a dvd player so does it actually clip the movie or can i just ignore that?
Just test it on your standalone. THis should work in 99% of the time.
If you are in the 1% that don't have luck, just ask.

Quote:

also, in nero for KSVCD am i just supposed to burn it as SVCD and uncheck the standard svcd box?
Yes it is.

Quote:

i see a lot of people saying that for vcd but nothing about svcd and i want to make sure its the same before i burn this.
Do you know about CD-RW ?

shin-x 06-14-2004 04:06 AM

thanks
 
thanks a lot dialhot

yes of course i know about cd-rw

just i have a lot of stuff i want to burn, only 3 cds left, and no money for a few days to buy any, so i just dont want to screw anything up and waste any, so i thought id make sure.

im also impatient and want to do it now, and dont like screwing anything up :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:43 PM  —  vBulletin Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd

Site design, images and content © 2002-2022 The Digital FAQ, www.digitalFAQ.com
Forum Software by vBulletin · Copyright © 2022 Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.