Quantcast Avisynth Multi-Core? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
  #1  
08-29-2009, 01:25 PM
tengo6dedos tengo6dedos is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tierra del Fuego, Chile
Posts: 121
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello, this plugin allow the full use of multicore cpu's for the latest avisynth 2.5.8. Ive been gettin 50% faster encodes. Im just adding it for the web knowlegde.



Installation

You just copy the files of the plugins folder of the download in the avisynth plugin folder. Also copy the file "avisynth.dll" in the windows folder system32. Remember to make a security copy of this files


How to use it

http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/MT_support_page
note: the MT version of this link is outdated
I mostly use it via SetMTmode


Discussion - Download

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=148117
http://www.mediafire.com/file/nnbngf...isynth258MT.7z





Saluts
Reply With Quote
Someday, 12:01 PM
admin's Avatar
Site Staff / Ad Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 42
Thanks: ∞
Thanked 42 Times in 42 Posts
  #2  
08-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tengo6dedos
Hello, this plugin allow the full use of multicore cpu's for the latest avisynth 2.5.8.
I don't understand if you are posting because you did not knew (the famous) MT.dll before, or because it has been at last adapted to 2.5.8 ?
As the wiki page does not mention 2.5.8 but 2.7.5, it's not clear.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
08-29-2009, 07:13 PM
tengo6dedos tengo6dedos is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tierra del Fuego, Chile
Posts: 121
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes, is for an easy find of 2.5.8 version thats not in the wiki


ps: where you a little drunk when you typed your message? busted! Step out of the computer sir
Reply With Quote
  #4  
08-29-2009, 07:22 PM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Actually I was occupied with a problematic web access to configure and did not read/fix my post as I usally do

(and btw, it is "were you..." )
Reply With Quote
  #5  
08-29-2009, 07:27 PM
tengo6dedos tengo6dedos is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tierra del Fuego, Chile
Posts: 121
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
(and btw, it is "were you..." )
o yeah, i dont like english, everything sounds the same. But i guess is my fault and is not the language problem
Reply With Quote
  #6  
08-30-2009, 12:19 PM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tengo6dedos
Yes, is for an easy find of 2.5.8 version thats not in the wiki
Big issue with that release unfortunately.
I ran the same script, that does not use MT at all, with the new avisynth.dll and my encoding speed drop down to 4 fps, while it was 12 fps using the old avisynth 2.5.7 (delivered with MT 0.7).
Thus I did not either try if MT() or SetMTMode() is working well.

The size of the dll (more than 1 meg while original is 300 kB) let think that it has been compiled in not optimized mode.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
08-30-2009, 09:53 PM
tengo6dedos tengo6dedos is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tierra del Fuego, Chile
Posts: 121
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
Thus I did not either try if MT() or SetMTMode() is working well.
I dont get what you say, you run the script with out any of those and you got speed drop? why not using them?

I had no problems so far, even seems to fix the out of memory errors i used to get with animeIVTC, maybe it does something else to the avisynth core?, SetMTMode(2) works for me with animeIVTC by the way, really helpful

you on vista? what hardware you got? updated and all?

I think is because needs more memory to run and you cant be doing many things background, you run the script while doing something else?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
08-31-2009, 03:14 AM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tengo6dedos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
Thus I did not either try if MT() or SetMTMode() is working well.
I dont get what you say, you run the script with out any of those and you got speed drop? why not using them?
Because "Scriptclip" does not support multi-thread
I'm using MT for other purpose (using scripts in ffdshow while playing a video) but not for encoding KVCD with the motion adaptative script.

And for the part you do not catch: The same script run 3 times slower with the new MT avisynth.dll than the old MT one. Speeding it up by using MT() will still have a longer running time as I can use it with both avisynth.dll.

Quote:
you on vista? what hardware you got? updated and all?
Don't bother, old MT release does work very well and I don't need to go to 2.5.8 (never had memory leak or something like this with the filters I'm using).

Quote:
I think is because needs more memory to run and you cant be doing many things background, you run the script while doing something else?
Absolutly nothing. Do you think I'm dumb ?

A spare question: do you know why they modified Directshow.dll ?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
08-31-2009, 09:41 AM
tengo6dedos tengo6dedos is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tierra del Fuego, Chile
Posts: 121
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
Because "Scriptclip" does not support multi-thread
I'm using MT for other purpose (using scripts in ffdshow while playing a video) but not for encoding KVCD with the motion adaptative script.

Hello, seemed wierd to me because i mostly use it in my scripts and works fine with SetMTmode(4), i also tried your full script and is also works like this:

Code:
SetMTmode(2)
DGDecode_Mpeg2Source("D:\alo patitooo\PADI\synth\LC\m2v\lc.d2v",cpu=2,idct=7)
colormatrix(d2v="D:\alo patitooo\PADI\synth\LC\m2v\lc.d2v")

TDeint(tryweave=true)
LimitedSharpenFaster()

SetMTmode(1)
LRemoveDust_YV12(17,2)
MergeLuma(Blur(0.2))
MergeChroma(Blur(1))

SetMTmode(4)
ScriptClip(" nf = YDifferenceToNext()" +chr(13)+ "unfilter( -(fmin(round(nf)*2, 100)), -(fmin(round(nf)*2, 100)) ).TemporalSoften( fmin( round(2/nf), 6), round(1/nf) , round(3/nf) , 1, 1)  ")

You say it doesnt support because it crashes or because have bad impact on the script?




Quote:
A spare question: do you know why they modified Directshow.dll ?
I think i read thats because it sometimes crashed while using setmtmode before it


If you want you can check this MT 2.5.8 version thas seems to be an otimization of July build, the avisynth.dll weight is normal 340kb and MT also weights more, maybe works fine to you. Ill check whats with it. I guess speed is the same but requiers less memory

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=144852





saluts
Reply With Quote
  #10  
08-31-2009, 10:57 AM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tengo6dedos
Hello, seemed wierd to me because i mostly use it in my scripts and works fine with SetMTmode(4), i also tried your full script and is also works like this:

You say it doesnt support because it crashes or because have bad impact on the script?
Used with all modes and everything stays on CPU 0, the same as if I don't use it. You probably don't see that because you have other filters that are correctly multithreaded by the plugin. Try juste a Scriptclip.

Worst is usage with MT() that leads to a segmentation fault.
(logical as MT split the frame vertically or horizontally, as explained in the Wiki).

I will see the optimized dll, if there is any change.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
10-26-2009, 02:54 PM
tengo6dedos tengo6dedos is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tierra del Fuego, Chile
Posts: 121
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I also started to have the bug you where talking about, with optimized and not optimized 2.5.8 version. I also switched back to 2.5.7 mt.

Saluts
Reply With Quote
  #12  
10-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What did you change to "start" to have bugs ?
Reply With Quote
  #13  
10-26-2009, 08:35 PM
tengo6dedos tengo6dedos is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Tierra del Fuego, Chile
Posts: 121
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I probably had it all along but never really tested/noticed. I havent done anything that could harm it. I made this change few days after you mentioned the bug, I could notice it thanks to you. I just havent reported it
Reply With Quote
  #14  
10-27-2009, 05:30 AM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Reply With Quote
Reply




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Avisynth: Help with multi-episode source tengo6dedos Avisynth Scripting 4 07-26-2008 08:25 PM
CPUs: Dual Core or Single Core? syk2c11 Computers 8 03-31-2006 12:55 PM
DVD Rebuilder with multi-angle support? audioslave Video Encoding and Conversion 1 10-09-2004 01:46 AM
Linux: Redhat Linux is dead, long live Fedora Core 1 jorel Computers 1 09-28-2003 04:05 PM
possible to have a multi angle function in a svcd? andybno1 Video Encoding and Conversion 0 12-19-2002 05:50 PM

Thread Tools



 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:46 AM  —  vBulletin Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd