Quantcast Avisynth: Auto Crop Using Avisynth Filter Beta? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
  #1  
11-04-2002, 08:40 PM
black prince black prince is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,224
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi All,

Here's a simple avs auto crop filter. The author is still testing to make
this filter keep aspect ratio after crop. This may produce similar results as
FitCD. Check it out!

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...threadid=37204

Imagine having a built-in FitCD filter.

-black prince
Reply With Quote
Someday, 12:01 PM
admin's Avatar
Site Staff / Ad Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 42
Thanks: ∞
Thanked 42 Times in 42 Posts
  #2  
11-04-2002, 11:50 PM
black prince black prince is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,224
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi All,

Black Prince wrote:
Quote:
Hi All,

Here's a simple avs auto crop filter. The author is still testing to make
this filter keep aspect ratio after crop. This may produce similar results as
FitCD. Check it out!

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...threadid=37204

Imagine having a built-in FitCD filter.

-black prince
I tested Autocrop in preview mode. It shows the suggested crop
settings to remove black bars, basically cropping the video for
full screen (4:3) viewing. In some cases the video appears stretched
(egg shaped). The author is planning to add an aspect ratio function
to get a normal full screen. This could be a useful filter, since I always
like full screen vs wide screen. This is NOT a replacement for FitCD,
but is nice option to crop a video for full screen.

-black prince
Reply With Quote
  #3  
11-27-2002, 04:26 PM
black prince black prince is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,224
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi All,

It's just me I suppose, but sometimes I wish a wide screen (16:9) could
be converted to full screen without the problems of aspect ratio. You
know, the egg head problems. Well, the updated AutoCrop handles
this. Here's the link and below is a sample avs script:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...threadid=37204

LoadPlugin("E:\DVD Backup\2 - DVD2SVCD\MPEG2DEC\MPEG2DEC2.dll")
LoadPlugin("E:\DVD Backup\2 - DVD2SVCD\BlockBuster\BlockBuster.dll")
LoadPlugin("E:\DVD Backup\2 - DVD2SVCD\LegalClip\LegalClip.dll")
LoadPlugin("E:\DVD Backup\2 - DVD2SVCD\FluxSmooth\FluxSmooth.dll")
LoadPlugin("E:\DVD Backup\2 - DVD2SVCD\AutoCrop\AutoCrop.dll")
mpeg2source("D:\Temp\movie.d2v")
#
LegalClip()
#
AutoCrop(false,1,1,0,0,0,0,40,10)
#
BilinearResize(336,224)
#
FluxSmooth(temporal_threshold=7, spatial_threshold=7)
#
#Blockbuster( method="noise", detail_min=1, detail_max=10, variance=0.5 )
#
AddBorders( 8,8,8,8 )

LegalClip()


For preview use AutoCrop(true,1,1,0,0,0,0,40,10). The above is a sample
avs script for KVCD-LBR. BTW, I left out Blockbuster sharpen due to it's
increasing file size and it made file size predictions way off from the
actual encode. Try some tests and see if file prediction keeps changing
for the same settings with Blockbuster sharpen.

-black prince
Reply With Quote
  #4  
11-27-2002, 04:58 PM
SansGrip SansGrip is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,135
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by black prince
I left out Blockbuster sharpen due to it's
increasing file size and it made file size predictions way off from the
actual encode.
The sharpen method won't result in unpredictable file sizes, because it's determinate. The noise method will, because it's random .
Reply With Quote
  #5  
11-27-2002, 08:43 PM
black prince black prince is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,224
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi SansGrip,

SansGrip wrote:
Quote:
The sharpen method won't result in unpredictable file sizes, because it's determinate. The noise method will, because it's random .
That's strange since, I've tested Blockbuster noise without Blockbuster
sharpen many times with the same settings just to see if file size would
change. It stayed the same. Only when I add Blockbuster sharpen in
combination with Blockbuster noise did it change each time.
I did reduce the variance from 1 to .5. Could reducing the variance have
stopped file size from changing My file prediction is back to within +
-1% again with just Blockbuster noise in the script . Blockiness in
dark areas has still disappeared.


-black prince
Reply With Quote
  #6  
11-28-2002, 12:10 AM
SansGrip SansGrip is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 1,135
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by black prince
That's strange since, I've tested Blockbuster noise without Blockbuster sharpen many times with the same settings just to see if file size would change. It stayed the same. Only when I add Blockbuster sharpen in combination with Blockbuster noise did it change each time.
If you were sharpening after adding noise that might be the cause, since the sharpening would probably also amplify the noise, depending on the settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black prince
I did reduce the variance from 1 to .5. Could reducing the variance have stopped file size from changing
Yep. Less randomness means more predictability .

Quote:
Originally Posted by black prince
My file prediction is back to within +-1% again with just Blockbuster noise in the script . Blockiness in dark areas has still disappeared.
That's great to hear . I wish I had the time to play with it too, but I'm spending so much of my day coding that I've not had time to make video discs -- American Pie has been sitting on my drive waiting to be turned into a VCD for about a month now .
Reply With Quote
  #7  
11-28-2002, 08:51 AM
black prince black prince is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,224
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi SansGrip,

SansGrip wrote:
Quote:
That's great to hear . I wish I had the time to play with it too, but I'm spending so much of my day coding that I've not had time to make video discs -- American Pie has been sitting on my drive waiting to be turned into a VCD for about a month now .
Blockbuster sharpen has definately improved picture quality and I
hope the "New Encoder Team" will find a way to incorporate it into
the KVCD encoder being developed. Your right, I still have more
tweaking to do and it takes very fine balancing and adjustments
to get the best picture quality without dramatic file size increases.
You have done an outstanding job and we all know your busy working
on various projects to enhance video quality.

thanks

-black prince
Reply With Quote
Reply




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Avisynth: Crop and resize question urban tec Avisynth Scripting 3 06-13-2005 08:28 AM
Avisynth: HQdn3d - mplayer filter ported to avisynth incredible Avisynth Scripting 1 10-25-2004 09:51 AM
Avisynth: Need clip filter & dust filters for avisynth nighthawk Avisynth Scripting 3 01-31-2004 12:24 PM
Avisynth open failure: Crop: you cannot use crop to enlarge or 'shift' a clip nicksteel Avisynth Scripting 0 11-22-2003 06:10 PM
Avisynth: CAN'T AUTO DETECT BORDERS in GRIPCROp Skunkie Avisynth Scripting 5 11-07-2003 02:25 AM

Thread Tools



 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 AM  —  vBulletin Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd