digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]

digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives] (http://www.digitalfaq.com/archives/)
-   Avisynth Scripting (http://www.digitalfaq.com/archives/avisynth/)
-   -   Avisynth: AC3 Trouble (http://www.digitalfaq.com/archives/avisynth/3133-avisynth-ac3-trouble.html)

hedix 03-31-2003 05:10 PM

AC3 Trouble
 
If I try to open an AVS (virtualdub,tmpegenc) like this
Code:

AviSource('Any_AC3.avi')
and the avi file has AC3 audio, I get the "ACM failed to suggest..." message. But if I open the avi file directly in virtualdub, there's no problem.

I know that Avisynth decompress the audio stream, but seems it cannot manage AC3 audio.

Anyone guess why ?

and, Anyone knows a solution for this ?

Bytecode 03-31-2003 06:05 PM

I don't have a solution, but I have seen (and tried to no avail) several AC3 codecs that were supposed to work. I think the problem occurs because the AC3 driver most of us have is just a direct show filter(correct?). I HATE AC3, so I allways extract and convert to mp3 or mp2 depending on what I'm trying to encode.

I know it doesn't solve your problem, but I thought I'd add what I've went through so far. ;p

-BC

kwag 03-31-2003 06:24 PM

Re: AC3 Trouble
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hedix
and, Anyone knows a solution for this ?

Try setting or increasing the "DirectShow Multimedia file reader" priority on TMPEG :idea:

-kwag

hedix 04-01-2003 03:38 AM

Re: AC3 Trouble
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwag
Quote:

Originally Posted by hedix
and, Anyone knows a solution for this ?

Try setting or increasing the "DirectShow Multimedia file reader" priority on TMPEG :idea:

-kwag

It seems to be an Avisyth trouble, because I can open these AVIs with TMpegEnc, but I canīt do it with the script, no matter what are the priorities of the filters.

What do you think :?:

Jellygoose 04-01-2003 09:10 AM

Try DirectShowSource instead of avisource. see if that helps!

hedix 04-01-2003 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jellygoose
Try DirectShowSource instead of avisource. see if that helps!

Hi,

I'm afraid it doesnīt work. Read elsewhere that DirectShoeSource doesnīt work with sound by now :cry:

PyRoMaNiA 04-01-2003 10:05 AM

Extract the video only with VirtualDub. Open your film in VDub, Click Video, Direct Stream Copy, and Audio, No Audio. Then Save as AVI. The resulting file will have video only, so change your script so that it points towards that.

Jellygoose 04-01-2003 10:10 AM

why not just try this:
AviSource('Any_AC3.avi', audio=false)

and encode with TMPGEnc (point to the avs file). than remove the line, and open the avi with virtualdub and extract audio. :?:

PyRoMaNiA 04-01-2003 10:19 AM

Hmm, that's much quicker than my method... Thanks Jellygoose! :D

hedix 04-01-2003 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jellygoose
why not just try this:
AviSource('Any_AC3.avi', audio=false)

and encode with TMPGEnc (point to the avs file). than remove the line, and open the avi with virtualdub and extract audio. :?:

Yes, this is the thing. I'm just trying to find an alternative (one-step)method for ToK users.

Thank you.

Jellygoose 04-01-2003 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PyRoMaNiA
Hmm, that's much quicker than my method... Thanks Jellygoose! :D

No problem bro! :wink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedix
Yes, this is the thing. I'm just trying to find an alternative (one-step)method for ToK users. Thank you.

:lol: sorry buddy i missed your intention. I didn't mean to make fun of you or something. Well Pyros way is a bit complicated and space-robbing I guess... isn't there something like an avi-demuxer out there? you could implement that into ToK maybe...[/quote]

hedix 04-01-2003 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jellygoose
:lol: sorry buddy i missed your intention. I didn't mean to make fun of you or something.

I donīt mean it, man :wink:
Quote:

isn't there something like an avi-demuxer out there? you could implement that into ToK maybe...
Hey, this is a good idea :D

I will try with "decompress", in avi2vcd.

Regards.

PyRoMaNiA 04-01-2003 03:07 PM

Isn't there a way to just insert something into the script? Like, look for the line: AviSource("*.avi") ...and replace it with
AviSource("*.avi", audio=false) :?:

hedix 04-01-2003 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PyRoMaNiA
Isn't there a way to just insert something into the script? Like, look for the line: AviSource("*.avi") ...and replace it with
AviSource("*.avi", audio=false) :?:

Yes. What are you thinking about ?

alfredini 04-01-2003 06:39 PM

acp used VD-Jobs (below) Scripts to extract audio. It also worked well with ac3.
If you can extract the Filename out of the avs script then maybe you can use those Jobs-Scripts too.
Also i find it a good way that acp always used AviSource("video.avi", false)

The call for VD was like that:
C:\Video\VirtualDub\VirtualDub.exe /s"C:\Tmp\audio.jobs" /x

Code:

// VirtualDub job list (Sylia script format)
// This is a program generated file -- edit at your own risk.
//
// $numjobs 1
//

// $job "Job 1"
// $input "M:\royster.avi"
// $output "C:\Tmp\video.avi"
// $state 0
// $start_time 0 0
// $end_time 0 0
// $script
VirtualDub.Open("M:\\royster.avi",0,0);
VirtualDub.audio.SetSource(1);
VirtualDub.audio.SetMode(0);
VirtualDub.audio.SetInterleave(1,500,1,0,0);
VirtualDub.audio.SetClipMode(1,1);
VirtualDub.audio.SetConversion(0,0,0,0,0);
VirtualDub.audio.SetVolume();
VirtualDub.audio.SetCompression();
VirtualDub.video.SetDepth(24,24);
VirtualDub.video.SetMode(0);
VirtualDub.video.SetFrameRate(0,1);
VirtualDub.video.SetIVTC(0,0,-1,0);
VirtualDub.video.SetRange(0,0);
VirtualDub.video.SetCompression();
VirtualDub.video.filters.Clear();
VirtualDub.subset.Delete();
VirtualDub.SaveWAV("C:\\Tmp\\audio.mpa");
VirtualDub.Close();

// $endjob
//
//--------------------------------------------------
// $done


I found this on MarcFD's Site:
Quote:

ac3source
(ac3 decoder)
classic AC3 decoding, with Dynamic range compression
and Stereo downmix.
ī
http://ziquash.chez.tiscali.fr/

Maybe you can use a checkbox for AC3 Sources :?: :?: :?:

hedix 04-02-2003 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfredini
acp used VD-Jobs (below) Scripts to extract audio. It also worked well with ac3.
If you can extract the Filename out of the avs script then maybe you can use those Jobs-Scripts too.
Also i find it a good way that acp always used AviSource("video.avi", false)

The call for VD was like that:
C:\Video\VirtualDub\VirtualDub.exe /s"C:\Tmp\audio.jobs" /x

Hey !, ToK make the same thing !. I learned from ACP and D2S.

Quote:

I found this on MarcFD's Site:
ac3source
(ac3 decoder)
classic AC3 decoding, with Dynamic range compression
and Stereo downmix.
Yes, but only for Avisynth 2.5 :cry:

Quote:

Maybe you can use a checkbox for AC3 Sources :?: :?: :?:
First I thougth to always extract audio directly from AVI , but then I cannot encode sources with multiple AVIs, etc. And if you make some audio processing in the script, you loose it too :cry:

So maybe your suggestion is the solution :D

Anyway, any idea is welcome.

alfredini 04-02-2003 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedix
Hey !, ToK make the same thing !. I learned from ACP and D2S.

:x Oowhh really really sorry. The earliear version of ToK didn't worked to encode audio. So i always extract the audio by myself... sorry

Quote:

Originally Posted by hedix
First I thougth to always extract audio directly from AVI , but then I cannot encode sources with multiple AVIs, etc. And if you make some audio processing in the script, you loose it too :cry:

So maybe your suggestion is the solution :D

Anyway, any idea is welcome.

I think VD is able to append Avi files. If you can extract the names of the multiple Avi's... (i am not sure... i don't even have one ac3 Avi source)

PyRoMaNiA 04-02-2003 10:00 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Isn't there a way to just insert something into the script? Like, look for the line: AviSource("*.avi") ...and replace it with
AviSource("*.avi", audio=false)

Yes. What are you thinking about ?
Couldn't you just put a checkbox or something, like alfredini said, like "AVI file with AC3 audio" so that ToK doesn't load the audio with the video from the AVS, but just extracts and encodes from the source AVI as with any other file? Or have I got the wrong idea? :?

hedix 04-02-2003 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PyRoMaNiA
Couldn't you just put a checkbox or something, like alfredini said, like "AVI file with AC3 audio" so that ToK doesn't load the audio with the video from the AVS, but just extracts and encodes from the source AVI as with any other file? Or have I got the wrong idea? :?

Yes. I'd like ToK to "know" about audio stream type, but I donīt have time now to play with the avi file header.

So by now it will be the checkbox :wink:

Regards

alfredini 04-02-2003 01:00 PM

I think you don't have to let ToK know about the audio Stream. If you use Append Avi File in VD. VD will handle the multiple Avi's as one Avi. Then you can extract the Audio. This should be possible with the VD-Jobs-Script :?: :?: :?:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 PM  —  vBulletin Đ Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd

Site design, images and content © 2002-2019 The Digital FAQ, www.digitalFAQ.com
Forum Software by vBulletin · Copyright © 2019 Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.