digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]

digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives] (http://www.digitalfaq.com/archives/)
-   Avisynth Scripting (http://www.digitalfaq.com/archives/avisynth/)
-   -   Avisynth: Latest script discussion (http://www.digitalfaq.com/archives/avisynth/3145-avisynth-latest-script.html)

kwag 04-01-2003 03:10 PM

Latest script discussion
 
Here's the latest test script. Valid for the next 10 minutes :mrgreen:

Code:

LegalClip()
GripCrop(528, 480, overscan=2,  source_anamorphic=false )
GripSize(resizer="BicubicResize")
mergechroma(blur(1.58))
mergeluma(blur(0.05))
SpaceDust()
TemporalSmoother(radius=2, strength=3)
TemporalCleaner(ythresh=5, cthresh=10)
STMedianFilter(6,15,4,7,6,15)
DctFilter(1,1,1,1,1,.5,.5,0)
GripBorders()
LegalClip()

-kwag

andybno1 04-01-2003 03:14 PM

8O as long as that?? I thought it would of been much shorter hehehe :D

KingTuk 04-01-2003 03:32 PM

Re: Latest script
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwag
Here's the latest test script. Valid for the next 10 minutes :mrgreen:

Code:

LegalClip()
GripCrop(528, 480, overscan=2,  source_anamorphic=false )
GripSize(resizer="BicubicResize")
mergechroma(blur(1.58))
mergeluma(blur(0.05))
SpaceDust()
TemporalSmoother(radius=2, strength=3)
TemporalCleaner(ythresh=5, cthresh=10)
STMedianFilter(6,15,4,7,6,15)
DctFilter(1,1,1,1,1,.5,.5,0)
GripBorders()
LegalClip()

-kwag

I get a smaller filesize by putting SpaceDust() between TemporalSmoother and TemporalCleaner...

DorvalCS 04-01-2003 03:39 PM

Thanks! :D

kwag 04-01-2003 04:00 PM

Re: Latest script
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by KingTuk
I get a smaller filesize by putting SpaceDust() between TemporalSmoother and TemporalCleaner...

You see, I told'ya it was only going to last 10 minutes :mrgreen:
It actually lasted ~20 :lol:

DorvalCS 04-01-2003 04:19 PM

:lol:

I see that!!!

That's why I suggested that you post it once a week.... Whatever is the latest script at the time. :D

Otherwise... you are absolutely right... There is going to be a new one every 10 minutes.... :oops:

DorvalCS

wazoqaz 04-01-2003 04:41 PM

At least we'll only have to look through one thread to find the lastest! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by DorvalCS
That's why I suggested that you post it once a week.... Whatever is the latest script at the time.

Otherwise... you are absolutely right... There is going to be a new one every 10 minutes....


Kane 04-01-2003 05:15 PM

maybe there´s something wrong with my eys.

i compared kwag´s script with this script

Code:

mergechroma(blur(1.58 ))
mergeluma(blur(0.05 ))
LegalClip()
GripCrop(528, 576, overscan=1, source_anamorphic=false)
GripSize(resizer="BicubicResize")
SpaceDust()
Convolution3D(preset="movieLQ")
GripBorders()
LegalClip()

i got a video with this script , which is a lot less blury and a bit sharper.
i made samples with both script´s at cq 65 and 70.

strange. the more filters, the more blury the video? :?

conquest10 04-01-2003 11:15 PM

kwag, can we see a sample using this script?

kwag 04-01-2003 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conquest10
kwag, can we see a sample using this script?

Check the last posts here: http://www.kvcd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3366&start=45

My latest test script is this:

Code:

LegalClip()
GripCrop(528, 480, overscan=2,  source_anamorphic=false )
GripSize(resizer="BicubicResize")
SpaceDust()
sharpen(1.0)
mergechroma(blur(1.58))
mergeluma(blur(1.0))
GripBorders()
LetterBox(16, 16, 16, 16)
LegalClip()

Info on the link above.

-kwag

kwag 04-02-2003 12:56 PM

To be tested:

Code:

---  GripSize Line Here---
SpaceDust()
sharpen(1.0)
TemporalSmoother(radius=2, strength=2)
TemporalCleaner(ythresh=1, cthresh=15)
mergechroma(blur(1.58))
mergeluma(blur(.7))
--- GripBorders Line Here ---

Added TemporalSmoother with very small strength and radius values.
Added TemporalCleaner with very strong treshold ONLY on chroma and minimal value for luma.
This drops file size considerably, while still retaining quality without "smearing" the picture.

-kwag

Kane 04-02-2003 02:32 PM

i can see no difference in image quality between those two script, but the script WITH temporalcleaner and smoother was 0,1MB bigger than the other i took 90sec longer to encode

PyRoMaNiA 04-02-2003 02:56 PM

Those TemporalSmoother values dont look too different from the first script you posted...

kwag 04-02-2003 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PyRoMaNiA
Those TemporalSmoother values dont look too different from the first script you posted...

Sure they do!.
The originals:
Code:

TemporalSmoother(radius=2, strength=3)
TemporalCleaner(ythresh=5, cthresh=10)

The new ones:
Code:

TemporalSmoother(radius=2, strength=2)
TemporalCleaner(ythresh=1, cthresh=15)

That makes a huge difference :wink:

-kwag

kwag 04-02-2003 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kane
i can see no difference in image quality between those two script, but the script WITH temporalcleaner and smoother was 0,1MB bigger than the other i took 90sec longer to encode

The image quality is identical, but the file size with the temporals will be smaller. Sure you didn't mix the encodes :?:
There's no way a file size can be larger with the temporal filters :!:

-kwag

Wolfi 04-02-2003 03:07 PM

what does this line make source_anamorphic=false ? Havent seen it before...

kwag 04-02-2003 03:11 PM

I'm not sure if anyone here remembers the original "The Green Mile" samples posted last year. So here's a new sample created with the script above, using MIN=64Kbps, MAX=1,150Kbps and a CQ of 80. Full sampler size was ~12MB, which is the correct size to target the complete 180 minute movie on one CD at 352x240. Here a 30 second clip so you can see how it looks. http://www.kvcd.net/mile-2003.mpg :mrgreen:

-kwag

kwag 04-02-2003 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfi
what does this line make source_anamorphic=false ? Havent seen it before...

That's created automatically by MovieStacker, depending on your source.

-kwag

Kane 04-02-2003 03:14 PM

i made those sample both with cq 70 to see, if there´s a difference in file size
now i make prediction with ToK for both scripts, let you know, what comes out

kwag 04-02-2003 03:20 PM

My file size difference using the temporal filters is ~150KB lower per every 30 seconds. Let me know your results :D

-kwag


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 PM  —  vBulletin © Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd

Site design, images and content © 2002-2022 The Digital FAQ, www.digitalFAQ.com
Forum Software by vBulletin · Copyright © 2022 Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.