digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]

digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives] (http://www.digitalfaq.com/archives/)
-   Avisynth Scripting (http://www.digitalfaq.com/archives/avisynth/)
-   -   Avisynth: Script changes the chroma blur? (http://www.digitalfaq.com/archives/avisynth/5726-avisynth-script-changes.html)

CheronAph 09-22-2003 02:15 AM

Script changes the chroma blur?
 
Does the line, MergeChroma(blur(MaxTreshold)) mean that it changes the chroma blur from 0.0 to whatever the max blurring might be? If it does, could it help to get more compression if the blurring could vary from 1,50 to whatever so we would have always at least the 1,50 of chroma blur, or does it make the image too soft?

If this is a stupid question just delete the topic! :oops:

kwag 09-22-2003 02:35 AM

Re: Hmmm?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CheronAph
Does the line, MergeChroma(blur(MaxTreshold)) mean that it changes the chroma blur from 0.0 to whatever the max blurring might be?

Yes.
Quote:

If it does, could it help to get more compression if the blurring could vary from 1,50 to whatever so we would have always at least the 1,50 of chroma blur, or does it make the image too soft?
Merge chroma gives us a lot of compression, because the eye is not as sensitive to chroma as it is to luma. So we can use a high value in mergechroma, but not too high in mergeluma. If we use a high value in mergeluma, the picture will look blurred.
Quote:


If this is a stupid question just delete the topic! :oops:
Not at all :mrgreen:

-kwag

CheronAph 09-22-2003 02:45 AM

So could the chroma be changed that it would be always at least 1,50?

kwag 09-22-2003 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CheronAph
So could the chroma be changed that it would be always at least 1,50?

That's the way it's already set on the optimal script :!:

-kwag

CheronAph 09-22-2003 02:25 PM

Ok then, good, by the way, are you guys still trying to make it better or is it as good as it gets?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:19 PM  —  vBulletin Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd

Site design, images and content © 2002-2022 The Digital FAQ, www.digitalFAQ.com
Forum Software by vBulletin · Copyright © 2022 Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.