Quantcast Recording Video: Cutting WinDVR Commercials - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
  #1  
04-27-2003, 08:22 PM
nicksteel nicksteel is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 863
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How is best way to remove commercials from TV capture with WINDVR MPEG files? I normally use VirtualDub with VirtualVCR avi. Trying to use TMPGEnc cut, but very time consuming. I wish to retain quality for DVD burn.
Reply With Quote
Someday, 12:01 PM
admin's Avatar
Site Staff / Ad Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 42
Thanks: ∞
Thanked 42 Times in 42 Posts
  #2  
04-27-2003, 09:36 PM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi nicksteel,

I know what you mean, and it's a hell of a job!, but there's not much you can do

-kwag
Reply With Quote
  #3  
04-27-2003, 09:55 PM
urban tec urban tec is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: West Australia
Posts: 272
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksteel
How is best way to remove commercials from TV capture with WINDVR MPEG files? I normally use VirtualDub with VirtualVCR avi. Trying to use TMPGEnc cut, but very time consuming. I wish to retain quality for DVD burn.
here is what I do with these sources

A)If I have multi segment capture ie: video_0.-vol-01.mpeg, video_0.-vol-02.mpeg etc I change the extension to mpv then open them up with dvd2avi as if they were vobs and create a dvd2avi project.

B)Then I convert the audio to wav, I personally use winamps diskwriter for this but I am sure there are many other ways.

C)I open my d2v file with avisynth an use a script something like this

Code:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth2\plugins\xyz.dll")

#load source files

video=Mpeg2Source("D:\capture\video.d2v")
audio=WAVsource("D:\capture\audio.wav")

#cut out commercials

part1=trim(AudioDub(video,audio),0,45113)
part2=trim(AudioDub(video,audio),45122,0)

#join clips together

unalignedsplice(part1,part2)

#filter resultant video

LegalClip()
FieldDeinterlace(full=true, threshold=15, dthreshold=9, blend=true, chroma=false, show=false)
BicubicResize(352, 576, 0, 0.6, 0, 0, 704, 576)
STMedianFilter(10, 50, 8, 10, 10, 50)
MergeChroma(blur(1.58))
MergeLuma(blur(0.2))
LegalClip()
This script will keep the video and audio in sync when cutting out the commercials.

The reason I convert audo to wav is so I can load it into avisynth, it is then converted to mp2 with tmpgenc.

There may be a better way to do all this but it works for me.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
04-27-2003, 10:11 PM
jorel jorel is offline
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brasil - MG - third stone from the sun
Posts: 5,570
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts


great way urban tec

how and where can we use fade in and out
for better transitions in the script?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
04-28-2003, 12:49 AM
urban tec urban tec is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: West Australia
Posts: 272
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorel


great way urban tec

how and where can we use fade in and out
for better transitions in the script?
Hi Jorel,

Not sure, I have never used fade in/out but I suppose it is used around the trim statements.

The new Moviestacker has the fade options I might have a look at that.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
04-28-2003, 07:31 AM
nicksteel nicksteel is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 863
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksteel
How is best way to remove commercials from TV capture with WINDVR MPEG files? I normally use VirtualDub with VirtualVCR avi. Trying to use TMPGEnc cut, but very time consuming. I wish to retain quality for DVD burn.
If I load MPEG into VirtualDUB, delete commercials and save as AVI, what is best compression method to use to retain as much quality as possible? Huffy YUY, etc?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
04-28-2003, 10:43 AM
urban tec urban tec is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: West Australia
Posts: 272
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
G,day Nicksteel.

Huffy will retain best quality but will give you a huge file at the end.

If you are going to convert to avi from the mpeg you can load the mpeg with a simple avs script, there is no need for the above script just the mpeg2source and resize, then load the avs into virtual dub and cut out the comercials by selecting and deleting them

eg:
navigate to the start of the commercial and press home key, then navigate to the end of the commercials and press end key, this will select a range of frames, press the delete key and they are gone.
Then select save as avi and Bobs your Uncle.

If on the other hand you are going to convert to kvcd then dont convert to avi at all, use the script and load this into tmpg and convert straight to kvcd mpg.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
04-28-2003, 10:56 AM
jorel jorel is offline
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brasil - MG - third stone from the sun
Posts: 5,570
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hi urban tec


how can i do it if my source is vob...or better,
.d2v and .ac3 files


is possible?
if yes,how can i do it?


thanks
Reply With Quote
  #9  
04-28-2003, 11:04 AM
urban tec urban tec is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: West Australia
Posts: 272
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorel
hi urban tec


how can i do it if my source is vob...or better,
.d2v and .ac3 files


is possible?
if yes,how can i do it?


thanks
I'm not sure

the d2v is no problem it is synching the audio (that is if you are cutting portions of video out.
Do you have vob' s with commercials
Reply With Quote
  #10  
04-28-2003, 11:09 AM
jorel jorel is offline
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brasil - MG - third stone from the sun
Posts: 5,570
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Do you have vob' s with commercials



no my friend,i'm trying "frameserving" parts from vobs!

i can open but don't know how to save to make skvcds
from many parts of differents dvds!

seems crazy?


thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
04-28-2003, 11:37 AM
urban tec urban tec is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: West Australia
Posts: 272
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
seems crazy?
No seems difficult

I'll give it some thought, I'm sure it can be done.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
04-28-2003, 11:39 AM
el_mero_zooter el_mero_zooter is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: T.O. (Da T-Dot)
Posts: 498
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to el_mero_zooter
Jo,
havent tried vob-ac3 yet, per se, i've tried mpg with ac3 (720x480 for dvd muxed with ac3 audio,, windows media player played it fine).
For vob/ac3 i heard that Ulead DvDWorkShop may trim out commercials.
For my mpg/ac3 i used VirtualDubMPG2 - a new virtualdub that parses mpg2 files for editing as you would edit an avi. Or, what if you open up your vob's with dvd2avi, create a d2v and import that into vdub; edit/join the parts you want to keep and frameserv. Didnt Flask, the latest version, do edits or cuts? Haven't used that in a while.
Or, try browsing through this guide, just saw it over at Baldrick's
http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/120021.php


Nick,
if you're editing with vdub, and cutting commercials, why are you saving as avi---is it for archiving/encoding to divx/xvid/ogg etc?
If you are further processing as kvcd with tmpgenc, you could try loading your file, editing out whatever, and frameserving (creating a pseudo/fake avi {*.vdr or renamed to *fake.avi} file) and feeding that *fake.avi into tmpenc. Saves you having to create an intemediate avi and further quality loss.

If you'd like to try cutting out commercials directly out from your mpg try an app called MpgVcr. I use it to cut out commercials on my tv captures. mostly shows either for dvd authoring or ksvcd. That's what's nice about 352x480, it's flexible. If u need more help just holler.

Ztr
Reply With Quote
  #13  
04-28-2003, 12:16 PM
nicksteel nicksteel is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 863
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_mero_zooter
Jo,
havent tried vob-ac3 yet, per se, i've tried mpg with ac3 (720x480 for dvd muxed with ac3 audio,, windows media player played it fine).
For vob/ac3 i heard that Ulead DvDWorkShop may trim out commercials.
For my mpg/ac3 i used VirtualDubMPG2 - a new virtualdub that parses mpg2 files for editing as you would edit an avi. Or, what if you open up your vob's with dvd2avi, create a d2v and import that into vdub; edit/join the parts you want to keep and frameserv. Didnt Flask, the latest version, do edits or cuts? Haven't used that in a while.
Or, try browsing through this guide, just saw it over at Baldrick's
http://www.dvdrhelp.com/forum/userguides/120021.php


Nick,
if you're editing with vdub, and cutting commercials, why are you saving as avi---is it for archiving/encoding to divx/xvid/ogg etc?
If you are further processing as kvcd with tmpgenc, you could try loading your file, editing out whatever, and frameserving (creating a pseudo/fake avi {*.vdr or renamed to *fake.avi} file) and feeding that *fake.avi into tmpenc. Saves you having to create an intemediate avi and further quality loss.

If you'd like to try cutting out commercials directly out from your mpg try an app called MpgVcr. I use it to cut out commercials on my tv captures. mostly shows either for dvd authoring or ksvcd. That's what's nice about 352x480, it's flexible. If u need more help just holler.

Ztr
I'm just trying to cut commercials from 720x480 MPEG-2 files created by WINDVR. I want to load the trimmed file into DVD2AVI, produce a d2v and then process normally. It will be encoded in TMPGEnc into a KVCD or KDVD.

Where can I find MpgVcr or VirtualDubMPG2 ? Can't find on internet.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
04-28-2003, 12:30 PM
el_mero_zooter el_mero_zooter is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: T.O. (Da T-Dot)
Posts: 498
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to el_mero_zooter
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksteel

I'm just trying to cut commercials from 720x480 MPEG-2 files created by WINDVR. I want to load the trimmed file into DVD2AVI, produce a d2v and then process normally. It will be encoded in TMPGEnc into a KVCD or KDVD.

Where can I find MpgVcr or VirtualDubMPG2 ? Can't find on internet.
Yep, hear ya.

hey thats what i do...
Works great too. but if you do transitions between clips beware of audio synch. it does have a great demuxer and syncher though.


k, first off, my apologies,,,typo,,
its mpegvcr,,

and its at
http://www.womble.com/

vcdhelp has a quick guide,,,should get ya started.
http://www.dvdrhelp.com/mpegvcredit.htm

Vcdhelp's link
VirtualDubMPG2
http://es.geocities.com/dextstuff/#VirtualDub

fccHandler's direct url
http://home.attbi.com/~blade66/


Hopefully, that'll help ya out

Zooter
Reply With Quote
  #15  
04-28-2003, 04:05 PM
nicksteel nicksteel is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 863
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_mero_zooter
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksteel

I'm just trying to cut commercials from 720x480 MPEG-2 files created by WINDVR. I want to load the trimmed file into DVD2AVI, produce a d2v and then process normally. It will be encoded in TMPGEnc into a KVCD or KDVD.

Where can I find MpgVcr or VirtualDubMPG2 ? Can't find on internet.
Yep, hear ya.

hey thats what i do...
Works great too. but if you do transitions between clips beware of audio synch. it does have a great demuxer and syncher though.


k, first off, my apologies,,,typo,,
its mpegvcr,,

and its at
http://www.womble.com/

vcdhelp has a quick guide,,,should get ya started.
http://www.dvdrhelp.com/mpegvcredit.htm

Vcdhelp's link
VirtualDubMPG2
http://es.geocities.com/dextstuff/#VirtualDub

fccHandler's direct url
http://home.attbi.com/~blade66/


Hopefully, that'll help ya out

Zooter
Thanks! Just tried mpeg2vcr and it seems to work ok. Much like VirtualDub with AVI's, I can delete sections of MPEG-2 files.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
04-29-2003, 01:46 AM
jorel jorel is offline
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brasil - MG - third stone from the sun
Posts: 5,570
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
EXCELLENT

thanks urban tec and el_mero_zooter friends

your wise help a lot!
the explanations and the links are fantastics!

nicksteel posted:
"Just tried mpeg2vcr and it seems to work ok.
Much like VirtualDub with AVI's, I can delete sections of MPEG-2 files."

i'm VERY IMPRESSED.
with ifoedit and vobedit you can mix/cut the vobs.

Virtual Dub MPEG2 AC3 is what i was searching.
open the vobs with ac3(and select the audio to open),
select the desired range
and save only the parts that you want.

a final hint (help please).
saving the file as uncompressed rgb is too big!
the best option to save will be huffyuv?
or another way?
help please

thank you boys!! you're FANTASTICS!

your thankfull friend jorel.


muaddib, this will be great in MovieStacker!!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
04-29-2003, 07:03 AM
urban tec urban tec is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: West Australia
Posts: 272
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
a final hint (help please).
saving the file as uncompressed rgb is too big!
the best option to save will be huffyuv?
or another way?
this will also produce a big file, can you frameserve from this modifies version of virual dub?
Then you could encode straight to kvcd with audio.

or try mpeg-vcr the registered version accepts mpeg2 and ac3, I tried it today, very nice indeed.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
04-29-2003, 07:11 AM
jorel jorel is offline
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brasil - MG - third stone from the sun
Posts: 5,570
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by urban tec
Quote:
a final hint (help please).
saving the file as uncompressed rgb is too big!
the best option to save will be huffyuv?
or another way?
this will also produce a big file, can you frameserve from this modifies version of virual dub?
Then you could encode straight to kvcd with audio.

or try mpeg-vcr the registered version accepts mpeg2 and ac3, I tried it today, very nice indeed.

thanks again "tec" friend..

but i don't know how
"frameserve from this modifies version of virual dub"
Reply With Quote
  #19  
04-29-2003, 07:35 AM
urban tec urban tec is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: West Australia
Posts: 272
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok here ya go http://www.dvdrhelp.com/virtualdubframeserve.htm

it is quite straight forward, give me a shout if you have any trouble.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
04-29-2003, 07:41 AM
jorel jorel is offline
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brasil - MG - third stone from the sun
Posts: 5,570
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by urban tec
Ok here ya go http://www.dvdrhelp.com/virtualdubframeserve.htm

it is quite straight forward, give me a shout if you have any trouble.
thanks "tec" friend!

i'm reading and trying to learn in the link now!

Reply With Quote
Reply




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Recording Video: WinDVR 1.8 installation nicksteel Video Capturing / Recording 2 06-25-2003 01:40 PM
Recording Video: Best budget-priced video capture card? digitalvideo Video Capturing / Recording 2 04-17-2003 09:31 AM
Cutting Commercials from TV recordings? nicksteel Video Capturing / Recording 4 04-11-2003 12:58 PM
Recording Video: use WinDVR to capture? nicksteel Video Capturing / Recording 3 03-09-2003 04:11 AM
WinDVR popping sound in capture/recording haymes Video Capturing / Recording 15 09-27-2002 09:24 PM

Thread Tools



 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 AM  —  vBulletin Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd