Quantcast Must Capture Audio Via Your PC Soundcard, with Pvr250 or Pvr350? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
  #1  
12-18-2003, 11:36 AM
jamesp jamesp is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Chelmsford, UK
Posts: 130
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm in the Market for a new TV Card and I like the look of this card. Can anyone with one tell me if you still need to capture audio via your PC soundcard, or does it have its own audio inputs. Is it good with audio/video sync, even after re-encoding to a KDVD?

Cheers,

Jim
Reply With Quote
Someday, 12:01 PM
admin's Avatar
Site Staff / Ad Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 42
Thanks: ∞
Thanked 42 Times in 42 Posts
  #2  
12-18-2003, 11:41 AM
nicksteel nicksteel is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 863
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesp
I'm in the Market for a new TV Card and I like the look of this card. Can anyone with one tell me if you still need to capture audio via your PC soundcard, or does it have its own audio inputs. Is it good with audio/video sync, even after re-encoding to a KDVD?

Cheers,

Jim
They are self contained. No connections to sound card. You might want to look at the sound issues that are being discussed now.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
12-18-2003, 12:26 PM
jamesp jamesp is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Chelmsford, UK
Posts: 130
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry - where are these threads - can't find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksteel
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesp
I'm in the Market for a new TV Card and I like the look of this card. Can anyone with one tell me if you still need to capture audio via your PC soundcard, or does it have its own audio inputs. Is it good with audio/video sync, even after re-encoding to a KDVD?

Cheers,

Jim
They are self contained. No connections to sound card. You might want to look at the sound issues that are being discussed now.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
12-18-2003, 02:35 PM
nicksteel nicksteel is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 863
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesp
Sorry - where are these threads - can't find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksteel
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesp
I'm in the Market for a new TV Card and I like the look of this card. Can anyone with one tell me if you still need to capture audio via your PC soundcard, or does it have its own audio inputs. Is it good with audio/video sync, even after re-encoding to a KDVD?

Cheers,

Jim
They are self contained. No connections to sound card. You might want to look at the sound issues that are being discussed now.
http://www.kvcd.net/forum/viewtopic....025&highlight=
Reply With Quote
  #5  
12-19-2003, 05:08 PM
jamesp jamesp is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Chelmsford, UK
Posts: 130
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
nicksteel - cheers for that. I currently own a Wintv Go. Do you recommend the PVR250? Do your captures look good? My target s Pal DVD.

Jim
Reply With Quote
  #6  
12-19-2003, 06:20 PM
nicksteel nicksteel is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 863
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesp
nicksteel - cheers for that. I currently own a Wintv Go. Do you recommend the PVR250? Do your captures look good? My target s Pal DVD.

Jim
Go for it! My previous card was a WinTVGO90. I like the quality from the PVR250 much better. The captures look like DVD's at 720x480, so will probably look perfect in PAL.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
12-20-2003, 06:01 AM
jamesp jamesp is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Chelmsford, UK
Posts: 130
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
What software do you use to capture - do you use the HAUPPAUGE software or software from a 3rd party?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksteel
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesp
nicksteel - cheers for that. I currently own a Wintv Go. Do you recommend the PVR250? Do your captures look good? My target s Pal DVD.

Jim
Go for it! My previous card was a WinTVGO90. I like the quality from the PVR250 much better. The captures look like DVD's at 720x480, so will probably look perfect in PAL.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
12-20-2003, 06:26 AM
nicksteel nicksteel is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 863
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
What software do you use to capture - do you use the HAUPPAUGE software or software from a 3rd party?
I use the software that comes with the board.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Do I Need a Time Base Corrector? (PVR-350 Problem) rab Video Capturing / Recording 10 05-11-2007 09:15 AM
DVRs: Software for PVR250/350 rhino Video Capturing / Recording 3 01-08-2004 12:39 PM
DVRs: Audio settings, WinTV2000 and PVR250 nicksteel Video Capturing / Recording 23 12-23-2003 05:29 PM
Best scripts for PVR250 captures to 704x480 nicksteel Video Capturing / Recording 3 12-16-2003 10:05 AM
Capture audio clickit Audio Conversion 4 09-24-2003 07:56 AM

Thread Tools



 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:22 AM  —  vBulletin Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd