Quantcast DVD2SVCD: Encoding for Better Quality - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
  #1  
06-16-2004, 03:32 PM
password password is offline
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 138
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
when i encode a movie is it better to encoded "highest quality (very slow) " or " motion estimate search (fast)" i want to best quality possible and dont care how long it takes. which also reminds me i heard that "vbr" was good but "cq_vbr" is better. if i chose "motion estimate search" and "cq_vbr" will that be the best quality to encode. also i am using facar. any more tips and settings will be apreciated. thanx
P.S. my source is ALWAYS a dvd
Reply With Quote
Someday, 12:01 PM
admin's Avatar
Site Staff / Ad Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 42
Thanks: ∞
Thanked 42 Times in 42 Posts
  #2  
06-16-2004, 03:39 PM
jorel jorel is offline
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brasil - MG - third stone from the sun
Posts: 5,570
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
my personal taste is constant quality(CQ) and High Quality (slow) but...
what you're doing? kvcd,ksvcd or kdvd?
we need to know to adjust the min/max in CQ mode!
hint: ..use the kvcd notch matrix in tmpgenc!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
06-17-2004, 03:53 PM
password password is offline
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 138
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i always do kvcd
"we need to know to adjust the min/max in CQ mode!
hint: ..use the kvcd notch matrix in tmpgenc! " ?????
Reply With Quote
  #4  
06-17-2004, 05:04 PM
jorel jorel is offline
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brasil - MG - third stone from the sun
Posts: 5,570
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by password
i always do kvcd
"we need to know to adjust the min/max in CQ mode!
hint: ..use the kvcd notch matrix in tmpgenc! " ?????
yes, my personal taste for kvcds are min 300 max 2500(but lots here use max 1800)
and the kvcd notch matrix for great compression and quality:
[KVCD Notch BETA-1a]
Intra=8,9,12,22,26,27,29,34,9,10,14,26,27,29,34,37 ,12,14,18,27,29,34,37,38,22,26,27,31,36,37,38,40,2 6,27,29,36,39,38,40,48,27,29,34,37,38,40,48,58,29, 34,37,38,40,48,58,69,34,37,38,40,48,58,69,79
NonIntra=16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30,18,20,22,24,26,28 ,30,32,20,22,24,26,28,30,32,34,22,24,26,30,32,32,3 4,36,24,26,28,32,34,34,36,38,26,28,30,32,34,36,38, 40,28,30,32,34,36,38,42,42,30,32,34,36,38,40,42,44

just copy and paste to "matrix.ini" inside d2s folder and save.
next time you open D2s, choose that matrix!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
06-18-2004, 03:57 AM
password password is offline
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 138
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanx jorel i did not know how to do the matrix thing but i got a little jerk in my movie every second
Reply With Quote
  #6  
07-03-2004, 09:21 PM
jorel jorel is offline
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brasil - MG - third stone from the sun
Posts: 5,570
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
in D2S folder you have the "matrix.ini". open this file(double click) copy the kvcd notch matrix and save.
open D2s and select the "kvcd notch matrix" in the "matrix" tab!
hey, i'm posting the same:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorel
[KVCD Notch BETA-1a]
Intra=8,9,12,22,26,27,29,34,9,10,14,26,27,29,34,37 ,12,14,18,27,29,34,37,38,22,26,27,31,36,37,38,40,2 6,27,29,36,39,38,40,48,27,29,34,37,38,40,48,58,29, 34,37,38,40,48,58,69,34,37,38,40,48,58,69,79
NonIntra=16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30,18,20,22,24,26,28 ,30,32,20,22,24,26,28,30,32,34,22,24,26,30,32,32,3 4,36,24,26,28,32,34,34,36,38,26,28,30,32,34,36,38, 40,28,30,32,34,36,38,42,42,30,32,34,36,38,40,42,44

just copy and paste to "matrix.ini" inside d2s folder and save.
next time you open D2s, choose that matrix!
or i don't understood what you mean when you posted:
Quote:
Originally Posted by password
thanx jorel i did not know how to do the matrix thing but i got a little jerk in my movie every second
what you don't understood?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
07-03-2004, 09:49 PM
password password is offline
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 138
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
oops i did figure it out what to install and use what you told me
sorry jorel
Reply With Quote
Reply




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DVD2SVCD: Which script gives me better quality for divx encoding? Payasa Video Encoding and Conversion 3 08-24-2003 02:03 PM
DVD2SVCD: Constant quality and file predition tmpgenc (dvd2svcd jorel Video Encoding and Conversion 0 02-07-2003 08:15 PM
DVD2SVCD: Better quality vcd on one cd slash Video Encoding and Conversion 6 01-04-2003 01:32 PM
DVD2SVCD: Audio Encoding only with DVD2SVCD? fast_busy Video Encoding and Conversion 1 11-28-2002 07:35 PM
DVD2SVCD: D2S High Quality Yoda Video Encoding and Conversion 1 10-29-2002 06:46 PM

Thread Tools



 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 PM  —  vBulletin Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd