Quantcast DVD2SVCD: High Quality Audio Settings? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
  #1  
07-17-2004, 09:51 AM
warezfreak warezfreak is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i have 3 little questions before i convert a new movie thnx to the help of dialhot last time:
1.in viritual dub in audio conversion it says: 'high quality' should I use thta, is it really higher quality, what does it do, does it take longer?

2.on dvd's it says sometimes 2CH or something what ais that CH??

3.should I use Dual Stero, Stereo or Joint stereo? (I dont have a 5.1 speaker set so no 5.1 and also 5.1 doenst work i guess how the heel does he knows which sound @ which channel)

after this i guess I understand everyting after reading this whole forum (and dialhot's solutions )
Reply With Quote
Someday, 12:01 PM
admin's Avatar
Site Staff / Ad Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 42
Thanks: ∞
Thanked 42 Times in 42 Posts
  #2  
07-17-2004, 11:18 AM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by warezfreak
1.in viritual dub in audio conversion it says: 'high quality' should I use thta, is it really higher quality, what does it do, does it take longer?
The quality is really better and the file generated smaller. But to be honnest, Motion estimate give the same quality (with a file slightly bigger - 1 or 2%) on most of the sources but in half the same time.
There are some sources where ME gives ghosting effects on some action scenes. But I always use it.
Quote:
2.on dvd's it says sometimes 2CH or something what ais that CH??
Channel. That means that your audio is stereo.
Quote:
3.should I use Dual Stero, Stereo or Joint stereo? (I dont have a 5.1 speaker set so no 5.1 and also 5.1 doenst work i guess how the heel does he knows which sound @ which channel)
Never Join Stereo. Use Dual Channel if you encode in surround2 (or dpl2) mode. Use Stereo if you encode in stereo or surround (dpl) mode.

Quote:
after this i guess I understand everyting after reading this whole forum (and dialhot's solutions )
You're welcome. Just enjoy now
Reply With Quote
  #3  
07-17-2004, 12:10 PM
bazzy2004 bazzy2004 is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 84
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
warezfreak wrote:
1.in viritual dub in audio conversion it says: 'high quality' should I use thta, is it really higher quality, what does it do, does it take longer?

The quality is really better and the file generated smaller. But to be honnest, Motion estimate give the same quality (with a file slightly bigger - 1 or 2%) on most of the sources but in half the same time.
There are some sources where ME gives ghosting effects on some action scenes. But I always use it.
i think he means high quality audio conversion in virtual dub - n yes i would use it. after all high quality is high quality
__________________
im a noob, sorry!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
07-17-2004, 12:23 PM
warezfreak warezfreak is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzy2004
Quote:
warezfreak wrote:
1.in viritual dub in audio conversion it says: 'high quality' should I use thta, is it really higher quality, what does it do, does it take longer?

The quality is really better and the file generated smaller. But to be honnest, Motion estimate give the same quality (with a file slightly bigger - 1 or 2%) on most of the sources but in half the same time.
There are some sources where ME gives ghosting effects on some action scenes. But I always use it.
i think he means high quality audio conversion in virtual dub - n yes i would use it. after all high quality is high quality
yes indead i ment audio in vdub. thanks for the tips dial hot, ill just use dual channel than. and a 5.1 audio stream must be 6Ch right?(than i now i get ik)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
07-17-2004, 12:39 PM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes it is. But don't use Vdub to encode the audio ! Use it only to extract the audio (in wav if it was mp3 and a direct demux if it is ac3) then use a trusted tool like Headac3che or Besweet ! Quality if far better.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
07-17-2004, 12:49 PM
warezfreak warezfreak is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
Yes it is. But don't use Vdub to encode the audio ! Use it only to extract the audio (in wav if it was mp3 and a direct demux if it is ac3) then use a trusted tool like Headac3che or Besweet ! Quality if far better.
ok ill do that with headac3e or besweet..but how come that on a DVD like a disneys, Finding Nemo you hve 3 6CH(English, Dutch and French) and Director's Comment and Extra is 2CH? is that to save space? becuase I can understand thta a main audio stream must be 5.1 (6CH) but why making the other things 2CH (stereo)? and also do there exsist 7CH?(for 6.1)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
07-17-2004, 02:43 PM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Of course that is for avoid space wasting.
What the purpose to have a 5.1 for director comments ???

6.1 is either DTS Neo or Dolby Digital Ex. There is also 7.1 mode but I don't remember the name right now.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Audio Guide: Converting CDs to high-quality FLAC and OGG kwag Audio Conversion 35 06-30-2005 10:35 AM
KVCD: What are best settings for high quality svcd sources? Haroon999 Video Encoding and Conversion 1 02-16-2004 10:38 PM
DVD2SVCD: high quality KSVCDs on 1x CDR80 disc ? Paulus Video Encoding and Conversion 31 07-20-2003 03:55 PM
DVD2SVCD: Motion search or high quality? ftin Video Encoding and Conversion 2 05-26-2003 10:48 AM
DVD2SVCD: D2S High Quality Yoda Video Encoding and Conversion 1 10-29-2002 06:46 PM

Thread Tools



 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 PM  —  vBulletin Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd