Quantcast KVCD: a New App - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
  #1  
11-23-2004, 11:26 PM
herndon herndon is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 26
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
the imtoo mpeg encoder encodes mpeg 1 at a low bitrate with very good quility compairable to a kvcd but are more copatable in more dvd players
and also a super encoder that encodes to almost any format
but back to what we all use it has super fast encoding faster than cce
just a few adjustment in mpeg 1 template lower the bit rate and audio bit rate and have fun encoding testing on a dvd rip now
http://www.imtoo.com/mpeg-encoder.html
Reply With Quote
Someday, 12:01 PM
admin's Avatar
Site Staff / Ad Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 42
Thanks: ∞
Thanked 42 Times in 42 Posts
  #2  
11-23-2004, 11:54 PM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by herndon
the imtoo mpeg encoder encodes mpeg 1 at a low bitrate with very good quility compairable to a kvcd but are more copatable in more dvd players
No
Quote:
and also a super encoder that encodes to almost any format
but back to what we all use it has super fast encoding faster than cce
just a few adjustment in mpeg 1 template lower the bit rate and audio bit rate and have fun encoding testing on a dvd rip now
http://www.imtoo.com/mpeg-encoder.html
Thanks for the link herndon
But ImToo is a "Rip Off" of libavcodec, which is a free program
Look at the Codec output options

-kwag
Reply With Quote
  #3  
11-24-2004, 12:39 AM
Prodater64 Prodater64 is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Palma de Mallorca - España
Posts: 2,925
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwag
Thanks for the link herndon
But ImToo is a "Rip Off" of libavcodec, which is a free program
Look at the Codec output options
-kwag
Well, but it cand sold it anyway, don't matter if GNU or LGNU licenses is under, isn'it.
It has many options to deal with avcodec. Maybe justify to give it a try.
There is a free download, but I don't know what kind of restrictions has it.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
11-24-2004, 01:15 AM
fabrice fabrice is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Madrid-Spain
Posts: 515
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
just installed it, and you've got a avcodec.dll in its directory (date: 18 of november).
it encodes only mpeg2 (encoder = mpeg2video), but don't accept avs files as input. And you can change inter and intra matrix...

and let you encode audio as ac3...

Everything that is doing mencoder with (I suppose) the same problems of bitrate picks...

Salu2
Fabrice
Reply With Quote
  #5  
11-24-2004, 09:54 AM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabrice

Everything that is doing mencoder with (I suppose) the same problems of bitrate picks...
Exactly
It's another dog with the same collar

-kwag
Reply With Quote
Reply




Thread Tools



 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 AM  —  vBulletin © Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd