Quantcast Bitrates: Procalc ASPA Lite, Available Space Proportional Allocator - Page 2 - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
  #21  
08-21-2005, 05:12 AM
Zyphon Zyphon is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: London, England (UK)
Posts: 1,035
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
@Boulder

Yes I agree it is good to see you around again. We missed you.

You have taught me lots about Interlaced sources and its nice have you back on the board.

Welcome back.
__________________
Regards.

Michael.
Reply With Quote
Someday, 12:01 PM
admin's Avatar
Site Staff / Ad Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 42
Thanks: ∞
Thanked 42 Times in 42 Posts
  #22  
08-24-2005, 06:59 AM
Prodater64 Prodater64 is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Palma de Mallorca - España
Posts: 2,925
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Updated: (Dialhot wish was acomplished)

http://www.kvcd.net/forum/viewtopic....asc&highlight=
Reply With Quote
  #23  
08-24-2005, 07:32 AM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodater64
Updated: (Dialhot wish was acomplished)
Lol. I finished yesterday the 9th season of Xfiles (25 KDVD). I was sure this will happen (I finish and you deliver your app )
Reply With Quote
  #24  
08-24-2005, 07:38 AM
Prodater64 Prodater64 is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Palma de Mallorca - España
Posts: 2,925
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodater64
Updated: (Dialhot wish was acomplished)
Lol. I finished yesterday the 9th season of Xfiles (25 KDVD). I was sure this will happen (I finish and you deliver your app )
Reply With Quote
  #25  
08-24-2005, 09:02 AM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Don't worry Luis, I planned to do all my other TV shows. Thank you for your app, I will give you my feedback ASAP.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
08-24-2005, 10:17 AM
Zyphon Zyphon is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: London, England (UK)
Posts: 1,035
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Luis,

Thanks for updating your app and for adding the extra movie slots, great work my friend.
__________________
Regards.

Michael.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
08-24-2005, 12:07 PM
Prodater64 Prodater64 is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Palma de Mallorca - España
Posts: 2,925
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
@All: Your welcome.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
08-28-2005, 07:57 AM
holgerschlegel holgerschlegel is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi,

I want to try out this tool but could not add a second movie (avs file). As soon I drop the second avs file into the application, it replaces the first movie instead of adding it. To encode a single movie on a disc, there is no need to use such a tool ...

Holger
Reply With Quote
  #29  
08-28-2005, 08:29 AM
incredible incredible is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,189
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to incredible
Till now I had'nt time to test the appl., but maybe you have to drop the sources into the specific avs import source part in the appl. window. Cause in Win API if dropping something on a generic window, only the window handle gets returned.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
08-28-2005, 09:11 AM
holgerschlegel holgerschlegel is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
After starting the application, there is one textarea that shows "Drop your AVSs here". After droping the first file there, that line is replaces by the name of the avs file without path or extesion. Droping the second file into the same box replaces that name. But after adding the first file, there is no area with a text like "Drop your AVSs here".

If I drop both files within a single drop action, both are added and displayed. But one can not drop files from different folders within a single drop action ...

Holger
Reply With Quote
  #31  
08-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Prodater64 Prodater64 is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Palma de Mallorca - España
Posts: 2,925
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by holgerschlegel
After starting the application, there is one textarea that shows "Drop your AVSs here". After droping the first file there, that line is replaces by the name of the avs file without path or extesion. Droping the second file into the same box replaces that name. But after adding the first file, there is no area with a text like "Drop your AVSs here".

If I drop both files within a single drop action, both are added and displayed. But one can not drop files from different folders within a single drop action ...

Holger
Yes. The program works so. You have to keep all avs files in one folder.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
09-02-2005, 08:46 PM
Prodater64 Prodater64 is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Palma de Mallorca - España
Posts: 2,925
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Updated:

http://www.kvcd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=120280#120280
Reply With Quote
  #33  
09-03-2005, 01:44 AM
Zyphon Zyphon is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: London, England (UK)
Posts: 1,035
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the update Luis, I love this calc tool it does give excellent results for me.

Again excellent work Luis.
__________________
Regards.

Michael.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
09-03-2005, 07:41 AM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I plan to use it probably this we.
I read your comments about new encoders supported. Which one do you recommend to predict a 8 ep DVD disc ? (8 x 42 minutes in 352*576 / 25fps).
I guess HC but...
Reply With Quote
  #35  
09-03-2005, 08:07 AM
Prodater64 Prodater64 is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Palma de Mallorca - España
Posts: 2,925
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
I plan to use it probably this we.
I read your comments about new encoders supported. Which one do you recommend to predict a 8 ep DVD disc ? (8 x 42 minutes in 352*576 / 25fps).
I guess HC but...
If I understand your question (that is about ProCalc Full) those further encoders support will be only for final encoding option. This is, once calculations be performed, always with HC, you will can encode with several encoders.
Then, after you use ProCalc Lite and get the results, you can use it with any encoder that you want.

1 - If you decide 2 pass VBR encoding, doesn't matter what encoder you use, ProCalc Lite gives you the avgbtr needed or the final target size (i.e. HC gui has both options to fill in)

2 - If you decide CQ encoding mode, you need to run a prediction method, so you can use ping-pong or any other method, or rather fill CQmatic with minutes, seconds and avgbtr that ProCalc Lite gives you.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
09-03-2005, 09:39 AM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodater64
If I understand your question (that is about ProCalc Full) those further encoders support will be only for final encoding option. This is, once calculations be performed, always with HC, you will can encode with several encoders.
Okay, I understand better now. I was wondering why using time to support several encoders just for that calc step
Reply With Quote
  #37  
09-13-2005, 11:23 AM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Luis,

Sorry to test your app only now. I have some problems, one is an annoying bug

1/ I don't understand what is ProCalc Lite 1.2.0.1b. Are you sure it is a "lite" version ? Because it asks for path to tools I don't want to have (Diko...) and do not delivers HC encoder as ProCalc Lite 1.2b

2/ in ProCalc Lite 1.2b, when you change the audtio bitrate, nothing is changed in the window and I fear the calc won't use the correct audio sizes

For instance, I load 8 ep in the tool :


Then I change the audio of first line and click on the "make all audio equal to the first one" button :


As you can see, the data for audio size are not changed

(note: also, you can put 10 avs files but there is a scrollbar in the second windows part after the 6th file. Can't you display all the 10 lines there ?)
Reply With Quote
  #38  
09-13-2005, 05:18 PM
Prodater64 Prodater64 is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Palma de Mallorca - España
Posts: 2,925
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
Hi Luis,

Sorry to test your app only now. I have some problems, one is an annoying bug

1/ I don't understand what is ProCalc Lite 1.2.0.1b. Are you sure it is a "lite" version ? Because it asks for path to tools I don't want to have (Diko...) and do not delivers HC encoder as ProCalc Lite 1.2b
Yes, it is the lite version. It has some adds. They are buttons to call another programs. ProCalc will ask you for its paths only first time you run it. If you don't want to use any other program from ProCalc Lite GUI, it is not necessary to set its paths.
But despite you dont want to have that mentioned program, it can be used from ProCalc Lite GUI in "only audio mode" special way. It could be a very interesting function if you would permit yourself to test it.
As at this moment HC Encoder is a very knowed program, I thought that it is better for users and me, to reduce the used bandwidth when ProCalc Lite is downloaded, so, only is necessary to set the path when ProCalc Lite is executed the very first time.

Quote:
2/ in ProCalc Lite 1.2b, when you change the audtio bitrate, nothing is changed in the window and I fear the calc won't use the correct audio sizes
Yes, it is a bug that I will fix soon. Thanks to point me that.

Quote:
(note: also, you can put 10 avs files but there is a scrollbar in the second windows part after the 6th file. Can't you display all the 10 lines there ?)
I can display all lines but I thought it would be better not a too big GUI.
Do you think it would be better to show 10 files at same time (no scroll bars)?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
09-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Prodater64 Prodater64 is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Palma de Mallorca - España
Posts: 2,925
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Note about previous post (php didn't permit me to edit it)
The bug is produced only before to run the calculation. Once you ran it, if change audio settings also will change the others values.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
09-14-2005, 03:21 AM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[quote="Prodater64"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
As at this moment HC Encoder is a very knowed program, I thought that it is better for users and me, to reduce the used bandwidth when ProCalc Lite is downloaded, so, only is necessary to set the path when ProCalc Lite is executed the very first time.
I understand. I just wonder about the little modification in HC.ini that you indicate in red in the instructions in your first porst of this thread. You shoulkd probably pout that also in the readme.txt that is in the zip (perhaps your did already ?) and may be have your app to verify it automatically (once you know where is the exe, I think you can easily check the ini file and raise a warning window if the parameter you need is not correct). What do you think ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodater64
Note about previous post (php didn't permit me to edit it)
The bug is produced only before to run the calculation. Once you ran it, if change audio settings also will change the others values.
Okay. So you mean that the correct value are used for the calculation ?

Quote:
I can display all lines but I thought it would be better not a too big GUI.
Do you think it would be better to show 10 files at same time (no scroll bars)?
Yes I do. This allow to see immediatly if the change in the audio has been taken in account or not. IMHO scrollbars are always annoying when you have the place in the screen to display all the lines. Your main window is not so big.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bitrates: ProCalc ASPA, Available Space Proportional Allocator Prodater64 Video Encoding and Conversion 12 01-11-2006 12:21 AM
DVD Burner: Thoughts about lite-on drives? horta Blank Media / Burning Discs 1 07-28-2004 05:56 AM
Kazaa lite codec pack pepolyno Conversão e Codificação de Vídeo (Português) 5 06-29-2004 10:07 AM
Lite-On 52x32x52 at BestBuy for $20 after MIR dazedconfused Blank Media / Burning Discs 3 10-01-2003 06:11 PM
Lite-On LVD-2001 playback formats? vico1 Players, DVRs, Media Centers 1 09-07-2003 11:43 AM

Thread Tools



 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 AM  —  vBulletin © Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd