Quantcast KVCD: Lastest Script for Blockbuster and Nomosmooth Filters? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
  #1  
11-15-2002, 09:28 PM
syk2c11 syk2c11 is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 290
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kwag,
Would you please post the LASTEST script for blockbuster and nomosmooth filters again, because the "Addnoise" thread had so many amendment, thanks!
Reply With Quote
Someday, 12:01 PM
admin's Avatar
Site Staff / Ad Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 42
Thanks: ∞
Thanked 42 Times in 42 Posts
  #2  
11-15-2002, 10:58 PM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by syk2c11
Kwag,
Would you please post the LASTEST script for blockbuster and nomosmooth filters again, because the "Addnoise" thread had so many amendment, thanks!
Sure! Here's what I'm currently using:

NoMoSmooth()

######## Auto Strength, proportional strength depending on resolution #####
## Remove only one "#" on front of the resolution that matches your encoding.

BB_Resolution = 352*240
#BB_Resolution = 352*480
#BB_Resolution = 528*480
#BB_Resolution = 544*480
#BB_Resolution = 704*480

BB_StrengthConstant = 352 * 240 * 20 # Base strength
StrengthValue = round (BB_StrengthConstant / BB_Resolution)
Blockbuster( method="noise", detail_min=1, detail_max=10, lv=1 ) # Apply noise if complexity is <= 10%.
Blockbuster( method="sharpen", detail_min=20, detail_max=90, strength=StrengthValue) # Sharpen only if complexity is >= 20% AND <=90%.

# The last ~10% is left untouched (pass-through), to avoid sharpening highest frequency components ( Peak artifacts, sharpest edge, etc. )
##
################## End Auto Strength ####################


Enjoy,
-kwag
Reply With Quote
  #3  
11-16-2002, 10:21 PM
syk2c11 syk2c11 is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 290
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi there,
The size prediction seems not so accurate when using with blockbuster and nomosmooth filters. The final output has a 100MB difference (the final output is 100MB SMALLER than the predicted one) with the predicted size! (I used the standard size prediction button in FitCD)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
11-17-2002, 12:47 AM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by syk2c11
Hi there,
The size prediction seems not so accurate when using with blockbuster and nomosmooth filters. The final output has a 100MB difference (the final output is 100MB SMALLER than the predicted one) with the predicted size! (I used the standard size prediction button in FitCD)
Change the .95 constant to a higher value. Try 1.1 to 1.2.

-kwag
Reply With Quote
  #5  
11-17-2002, 07:21 AM
vdermerwedz vdermerwedz is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 45
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kwag am I right in assuming that I can put 704*576 in my script
and it will do the job as well?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
11-17-2002, 11:04 AM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
@vdermerwedz,

Yes.

@syk2c11,

I just finished encoding a movie. The predicted file size was 698MB. the actual file size was 682MB. That's still within the correct range. I did this one manually. Not via DVD2SVCD.

-kwag
Reply With Quote
  #7  
11-17-2002, 11:17 AM
CauCauCau CauCauCau is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwag

BB_StrengthConstant = 352 * 240 * 20 # Base strength StrengthValue = round (BB_StrengthConstant / BB_Resolution)
Blockbuster( method="noise", detail_min=1, detail_max=10, lv=1 ) # Apply noise if complexity is <= 10%.
Blockbuster( method="sharpen", detail_min=20, detail_max=90, strength=StrengthValue) # Sharpen only if complexity is >= 20% AND <=90%.
I'm brand new to Avisynth, so bear with me if I'm being dumb right now. But Why is "StrengthValue = round(BB_StrengthConstant / BB_Resolution) on the same line as BB_StrengthConstant... and behind a comment mark ("#")? Is this just a typo? Should it be:

Quote:
BB_StrengthConstant = 352 * 240 * 20 # Base strength
StrengthValue = round (BB_StrengthConstant / BB_Resolution)
Blockbuster( method="noise", detail_min=1, detail_max=10, lv=1 ) # Apply noise if complexity is <= 10%.
Blockbuster( method="sharpen", detail_min=20, detail_max=90, strength=StrengthValue) # Sharpen only if complexity is >= 20% AND <=90%.
?

Sorry if I'm talking out of a hole in my body that's not my mouth

^Cau
Reply With Quote
  #8  
11-17-2002, 11:36 AM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CauCauCau
I'm brand new to Avisynth, so bear with me if I'm being dumb right now. But Why is "StrengthValue = round(BB_StrengthConstant / BB_Resolution) on the same line as BB_StrengthConstant... and behind a comment mark ("#")? Is this just a typo? Should it be:

?

Sorry if I'm talking out of a hole in my body that's not my mouth

^Cau

Thanks Cau,

Cut+paste doesn't necessarily work every time Sorry!
I edited the post.

Thanks,
-kwag
Reply With Quote
  #9  
11-21-2002, 03:03 PM
Holomatrix Holomatrix is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 130
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So with this:
## Remove only one "#" on front of the resolution that matches your encoding.

BB_Resolution = 352*240
#BB_Resolution = 352*480
#BB_Resolution = 528*480
#BB_Resolution = 544*480
#BB_Resolution = 704*480

If I change to the second one, do I change this line to?

BB_StrengthConstant = 352 * 240 * 20 # Base strength

Also would this be the correct order:
Resize
fluxsmooth
nomosmooth
blockbuster

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #10  
11-21-2002, 06:37 PM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holomatrix
So with this:
## Remove only one "#" on front of the resolution that matches your encoding.

BB_Resolution = 352*240
#BB_Resolution = 352*480
#BB_Resolution = 528*480
#BB_Resolution = 544*480
#BB_Resolution = 704*480

If I change to the second one, do I change this line to?

BB_StrengthConstant = 352 * 240 * 20 # Base strength

Also would this be the correct order:
Resize
fluxsmooth
nomosmooth
blockbuster

Thanks
Hi Holomatrix,

You only remove one "#' from the block. So for 352x480, it would be this:

#BB_Resolution = 352*240
BB_Resolution = 352*480
#BB_Resolution = 528*480
#BB_Resolution = 544*480
#BB_Resolution = 704*480


No other lines need to be changed.
As for the filter order, it is correct.

-kwag
Reply With Quote
Reply




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SansGrip's filters, Opinions about Blockbuster used in every script gretagun Avisynth Scripting 8 01-26-2005 09:27 PM
SansGrip Filters: Lastest script for blockbustor + legal clip? syk2c11 Avisynth Scripting 1 11-24-2002 02:22 AM
Avisynth: BlockBuster + NoMoSmooth filter combo? Holomatrix Avisynth Scripting 0 11-19-2002 07:20 AM
SansGrip Filters: Blockbuster + Nomosmooth filters syk2c11 Avisynth Scripting 2 11-18-2002 02:29 PM
KVCD: Lastest script for FitCD, please! syk2c11 Video Encoding and Conversion 11 06-10-2002 01:48 PM

Thread Tools



 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 PM  —  vBulletin Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd