Quantcast KVCD: What Program Should I use to Burn? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
  #1  
11-26-2002, 06:28 PM
HiTMaN HiTMaN is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I try Nero but it does not seems to be working even with over burn turn on.

It's over 90mins long for the movie I am burning. Standard compliation is off. VCD Easy did not burn because I don't have space on my c drive??(movie is hosted on D) Nero keep saying I need a bigger disc...just confusing as hell. I already use the KVCD x2 to reduce down the bitrate.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote
Someday, 12:01 PM
admin's Avatar
Site Staff / Ad Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 42
Thanks: ∞
Thanked 42 Times in 42 Posts
  #2  
11-26-2002, 07:13 PM
vico1 vico1 is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 103
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTMaN
I try Nero but it does not seems to be working even with over burn turn on.
It's over 90mins long for the movie I am burning. Standard compliation is off.
How big (in Megs) is the movie you`re trying to burn?





***************************************
They can put a man on the moon,
but they still can`t put a tin pan in a microwave.......UNKNOWN
Reply With Quote
  #3  
11-27-2002, 02:20 AM
HiTMaN HiTMaN is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It's 820 MB. ..virgin suicide... 352X288 KVCD plus template because it's 25fps...so that's why it's PAL format.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
11-27-2002, 04:20 AM
vico1 vico1 is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: USA
Posts: 103
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTMaN
It's 820 MB. ..virgin suicide... 352X288 KVCD plus template
That`s the reason...your way over platter size.

I assume your using a 700MB/80min disc...
even with overburn, "80min disc, ain`t gonna` cut it"...

You need something like THIS*** (if your burner supports 90min cdrs)
or (if you can)
Try a lower audio bitrate. (20MB...Hmmmmm.. )
Reply With Quote
  #5  
11-27-2002, 06:53 AM
HiTMaN HiTMaN is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the tip. However, I think my nero doesn't like me to overburn even my burner supports it... The movie length are still unchange though...it's still 90+ minutes!!! and nero will keep saying I don't have the capacity to burn it.... with my 80mins cds...WTF? How much should I set for overburn? 95mins?

HiTMaN

Thx again....sorry to sound like a newbie...actually I am at this!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
11-27-2002, 10:56 AM
muaddib muaddib is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: São Paulo - Brasil
Posts: 879
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi HiTMaN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTMaN
VCD Easy did not burn because I don't have space on my c drive??(movie is hosted on D)
VCD Easy creates an image of the disc before the burn. So you have to have the space for the image...


Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTMaN
It's 820 MB. ..virgin suicide... 352X288 KVCD plus template because it's 25fps...so that's why it's PAL format.
I think 820mb is too much for overburn!
An 80min CD can hold 800mb (s)vcd file. I had overburned with 805mb with no problem. I don't know what's the limit, but I think that 820mb is just too much... you can't do magic.


Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTMaN
I think my nero doesn't like me to overburn even my burner supports it... The movie length are still unchange though...it's still 90+ minutes!!! and nero will keep saying I don't have the capacity to burn it.... with my 80mins cds...WTF? How much should I set for overburn? 95mins?
Nero (or any other burner), don't care for the movie length. It just cares about the size of the file you are trying to burn. As I said, you can fit an 800mb file in an 80min CD.

If the file you are trying to burn is a movie, you can try to cut some of the ending credits (2 min would be enough). Or you can try to lower the audio bitrate.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
11-27-2002, 06:31 PM
ferferfer ferferfer is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 44
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
I think 820mb is too much for overburn!
An 80min CD can hold 800mb (s)vcd file. I had overburned with 805mb with no problem. I don't know what's the limit, but I think that 820mb is just too much... you can't do magic.
Well muaddib, you are wrong. The standard overburning for MOST disks is 815MB, however in my past experience, ive overburned 821MB with no problems.

Quote:
HiTMaN wrote:
I try Nero but it does not seems to be working even with over burn turn on.
It's over 90mins long for the movie I am burning. Standard compliation is off.
This shouldn't be happening, if you choose VCD > then choose ISO>MODE 2, each disk should be able to fit around 800MB (no overburn). But dude, you're saying that a 820MB file is 90mins? that is completely incorrect. The 90 mins is probably fake, a miscalculation in the beginning. If you wish to overburn, go to FILE>Preferences>Expert MODE, check overburn and ***TYPE 90 mins (or wutever that time is) for overburn*** NOW TRY BURNING, it should work.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
11-27-2002, 07:38 PM
muaddib muaddib is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: São Paulo - Brasil
Posts: 879
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferferfer
Quote:
I think 820mb is too much for overburn!
An 80min CD can hold 800mb (s)vcd file. I had overburned with 805mb with no problem. I don't know what's the limit, but I think that 820mb is just too much... you can't do magic.
Well muaddib, you are wrong. The standard overburning for MOST disks is 815MB, however in my past experience, ive overburned 821MB with no problems.
Wow... 21mb of overburn! I never had to do that, but is good to know.
Thanks ferferfer.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
11-27-2002, 07:53 PM
urban tec urban tec is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: West Australia
Posts: 272
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes in my experience as well I have been able to burn 820 megs with nero but your burner must support overburning. I have burnt larger and all nero does is tell you the burn failed, when playing the disc ( yes it does play) it will play until you run out of disk.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
11-27-2002, 09:56 PM
rendalunit rendalunit is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: san jose, Ca
Posts: 1,148
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've burnt up to 840mb many times with three different cd writers (BTC, Sony, Yamaha) on all different brands of 80 min cdrs with VCD Easy and Nero
Reply With Quote
  #11  
12-02-2002, 11:09 PM
HiTMaN HiTMaN is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I got it working now...thx.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KVCD: What's the best program to do it all? NittoLive Video Encoding and Conversion 14 05-04-2006 10:37 AM
Program to burn DATA DVDs? Jellygoose Authoring VCD, DVD, Blu-ray 5 01-02-2004 07:00 PM
Any program to burn MP3 music CDs? Icarus3000 Audio Conversion 3 12-30-2003 12:27 PM
made kvcd .bin file, but what program to burn it with? maurice.lock Video Encoding and Conversion 6 09-16-2003 05:37 PM
what program to burn the vcd image? salvation Authoring VCD, DVD, Blu-ray 3 02-20-2003 10:49 PM

Thread Tools



 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:56 PM  —  vBulletin © Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd