Quantcast Differences Between the MPEG-1 Version of KVCDx3 and the MPEG-2 one? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
  #1  
01-22-2003, 12:23 PM
DarthEshpo DarthEshpo is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mortara (PV), Italy
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi !

I've got some questions to ask.

1) Are there any differences between the MPEG-1 version of KVCDx3 and the MPEG-2 one?

2) Kwag says me that I can use Cinema Craft Encoder to encode video compressed with the MPEG-2 version of the KVCDx3 template but, there would be (it's correct? ) some complications, because CCE doesn't allow long GOB sequences . So, can I encode with this encoder or no? I think it can produces better quality for MPEG-2 videos. And it's MUCH faster than TMPGEnc .

3) Someone can explaine me how can I predict the final filesize of the MPEG video? I've readed a post in this forum about this topic. But I don't have understanded almost nothing .

Thanks 4 your replies and for your time !
Bye!

Daniele.
Reply With Quote
Someday, 12:01 PM
admin's Avatar
Site Staff / Ad Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 42
Thanks: ∞
Thanked 42 Times in 42 Posts
  #2  
01-22-2003, 12:34 PM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthEshpo
Hi !

I've got some questions to ask.

1) Are there any differences between the MPEG-1 version of KVCDx3 and the MPEG-2 one?
Yes. MPEG-1 is better for low bit rates
Quote:

2) Kwag says me that I can use Cinema Craft Encoder to encode video compressed with the MPEG-2 version of the KVCDx3 template but, there would be (it's correct? ) some complications, because CCE doesn't allow long GOB sequences . So, can I encode with this encoder or no?
Sure you can
Quote:
I think it can produces better quality for MPEG-2 videos.
I don't think so . If it does, I can't see it
Quote:
And it's MUCH faster than TMPGEnc .
That it is
Quote:

3) Someone can explaine me how can I predict the final filesize of the MPEG video? I've readed a post in this forum about this topic. But I don't have understanded almost nothing .
Read this: http://www.kvcd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2102


-kwag
Reply With Quote
  #3  
01-22-2003, 12:39 PM
DarthEshpo DarthEshpo is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mortara (PV), Italy
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Kwag!

Thanks 4 your very fast reply!

Can you explain me how can I encode with CCE. But with simple words. I'm a newbie.

Thanks again and confratulations for your templates! They are wonderfull!

Daniele.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
01-22-2003, 12:46 PM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthEshpo
Can you explain me how can I encode with CCE. But with simple words. I'm a newbie.
There are no simple words to encode with CCE . It's a more complex process that encoding with TMPEG. Sorry, but I dont use ( or intend to ) use CCE (unless they drop the price to ~$50.00 and then I'll test it ). I suggest you use DVD2SVCD to automate the process. You can read this guide on doom9's site: http://www.doom9.org/mpg/dvd2svcd.htm
Quote:

Thanks again and confratulations for your templates! They are wonderfull!

Daniele.
Thanks

-kwag
Reply With Quote
  #5  
01-22-2003, 12:57 PM
DarthEshpo DarthEshpo is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mortara (PV), Italy
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I use DVD2SVCD. You can't explain me how to encode with CCE even via DVD2SVCD ?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
01-22-2003, 01:05 PM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthEshpo
I use DVD2SVCD. You can't explain me how to encode with CCE even via DVD2SVCD ?
Read the guide on the link above. It's all explained there

-kwag
Reply With Quote
  #7  
01-22-2003, 01:18 PM
DarthEshpo DarthEshpo is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Mortara (PV), Italy
Posts: 16
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You have not understanded the question...

I can encode with CCE via DVD2SVCD but how can I make a KVCDx3 using DVD2SVCD and CCE as encoder?

Thanks for your precious time!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
01-22-2003, 01:28 PM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthEshpo
You have not understanded the question...

I can encode with CCE via DVD2SVCD but how can I make a KVCDx3 using DVD2SVCD and CCE as encoder?

Thanks for your precious time!
You can't use KVCDs GOP. It won't work on CCE. You can try the KVCD BETA-1a notch matrix, and patch it on CCEs matrix. Download one of the KVCD templates, and copy the matrix values to CCE. I believe you have to get a program to allow patching CCE's matrix.

-kwag
Reply With Quote
  #9  
01-23-2003, 10:16 AM
new_bee new_bee is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 94
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've made some SVCDs using DVD2SVCD & CCE. It's quick, but if you're doing 3 or 4 passes (I recommend you do) it's even slower than TMPEGENC at CQ. And it produces VERY ugly macroblocks in extreme-high-motion scenes (e.g. Rush Hour 2 when Jackie and Tucker fight in the wellness saloon). But apart from that it's very watchable, even on the 'puter monitor.
Reply With Quote
Reply




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KVCDx3 MPEG-2 with CCE? AEtH Video Encoding and Conversion 5 03-02-2004 12:10 PM
Encoding Mpeg-1 to kvcdx3 mpeg-2? Bombero0437 Video Encoding and Conversion 13 02-10-2004 10:08 AM
Quemando KVCDx3 en Mpeg-2 PeterArg Convertir y Codificar Video (Español) 2 09-24-2003 09:21 AM
TMPGEnc: MPEG-1 and MPEG2 file differences simongwynne Video Encoding and Conversion 26 05-22-2003 01:52 PM
KVCD: KVCDx3 mpeg-1 better than mpeg-2? heller Video Encoding and Conversion 4 02-17-2003 07:39 AM

Thread Tools



 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:51 AM  —  vBulletin © Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd