digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]

digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives] (http://www.digitalfaq.com/archives/)
-   Video Encoding and Conversion (http://www.digitalfaq.com/archives/encode/)
-   -   how should I create the VOB files? IfoEdit? (http://www.digitalfaq.com/archives/encode/3432-how-create-vob.html)

nicksteel 04-29-2003 08:44 AM

how should I create the VOB files? IfoEdit?
 
Using:

DVD Decryptor
DVD2AVI (Force film)
TMPGEnc (KDVD full, latest Optimum AVS for DVD)
Headac3he (MP2, 48000,128)
IfoEdit
Imgtool

The image produced by Imgtool produces an out of sequence DVD. I assume this occurs in IfoEdit.

:?: Exactly how should I create the VOB files to avoid this?

kwag 04-29-2003 11:32 AM

Hi nicksteel,

Could you try the new program TMPGEnc DVD Author :idea:
See if you get the same results. You can download the program, and use it free for 30 days :!:

-kwag

nicksteel 04-29-2003 11:55 AM

IfoEdit Problem
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwag
Hi nicksteel,

Could you try the new program TMPGEnc DVD Author :idea:
See if you get the same results. You can download the program, and use it free for 30 days :!:

-kwag

Downloaded and am trying out. :?: How do you burn the resulting files in NERO? In the past I've used Imgtool.

mikerios 06-22-2003 12:40 PM

my sequence

DVD Decryptor 3.0
Run thru IFO edit to get just the main movie
Run thru DVD2AVI to frameserve and extract AC3s ( on 2 discs sets as well label each as disc1.d2v and disc2.d2v)
Run thru TMPEGEnc with KDVD template
Merge m2v files under TMPEGEnc tools section
use copy /b file1.ac3+file2.ac3 file3.ac3 to get merged ac3 file under dos window
multiplex m2v file with ac3 file
Author in TMPEG Author
burn in Record Max Now v 4.5

nicksteel 06-23-2003 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikerios
my sequence

DVD Decryptor 3.0
Run thru IFO edit to get just the main movie
Run thru DVD2AVI to frameserve and extract AC3s ( on 2 discs sets as well label each as disc1.d2v and disc2.d2v)
Run thru TMPEGEnc with KDVD template
Merge m2v files under TMPEGEnc tools section
use copy /b file1.ac3+file2.ac3 file3.ac3 to get merged ac3 file under dos window
multiplex m2v file with ac3 file
Author in TMPEG Author
burn in Record Max Now v 4.5

Followed your philosophy, but used DVDShrink (without compression) to select the audio file. Then used DVD2AVI as usual. Worked like a champ and was very simple and quick. Thanks for the advice.

black prince 06-23-2003 04:19 PM

@nicksteel,

nicksteel wrote:
Quote:

Followed your philosophy, but used DVDShrink (without compression) to select the audio file. Then used DVD2AVI as usual. Worked like a champ and was very simple and quick. Thanks for the advice.
DVDShrink can also remove end credits and/or intro very easily. I use
your method most of the time. :)

-bp

mikerios 06-23-2003 09:32 PM

am trying yet another approach, this time for flip DVD or 2 discs DVD sets.

I run DVD Decryptor, ripping both sides movie only to 2 seperate folders ( disc1 and disc 2).
I then run IFO edit on both sets to strip out all, leaving only AC3 and the video stream. I resave them to DISC1IFO and DISC2IFO.

From there I rename the 2nd set of VTS files on DISC2IFO to VTS_01_5.VOB, 6, 7 .. ect..

I then move all the renamed VOBs to the DISC1IFO folder.

I now have 7 to 8 VOB files.
I open up number 4 or 5 ( the last VOB file in DISC1IFO ) in DVD2AVI
I framserve it and it only, the purpose here is to elminate the blank space that is usually at the end of the first disc in a 2 disc set so when I later framserve the entire set there is no blank spot.

I processing the d2v file through TMPEGEnc and load up the DVD Template and set it to 100% on CQ. I render only the video stream.

I then merge the m2v file with the small ac3 file. I rename the mpeg file back to VTS_01_04.VOB, replacing it with the existing one in DISC1IFO folder.

Now I run DVD2AVI again and this time load up all 8 vob files
I then frameserve ( gand I end up with one big demuxed ac3 file so no merging needed ).

I then load up the D2V file in TMPEGEnc and this time I load up the KDVD template and leave all the settings alone. After the M2v file is rendered I merge with the AC3 file and it's off to TMPEGEnc Author it goes for authoring.

I'm almost done with this porcess and I'll post what ever notes happened in terms of success or failure, but most of all I do not want to run the movie through DVD shrink ect.. if I over est the file size due to 2 seperate renders, plus it eliminates any varibles between 2 seperate mpegs that I would have had I treated each side as a different project and later merged in the end.

mikerios 06-23-2003 11:20 PM

UPDATE:

it worked :)

now I might redo the file with a higher bit rate, using the stock settings of the KDVD template, I get what seems like dithering (macroblocks?)only on dark scenes, otherwise I am happy with the results.

UPDATE again: I have now upped the CQ to 76, and not touched the bitrate. This seems to have cured the dithering problem and yet still allows a 2hour 45 min move with a 5.1 ac3 file to fit with a bit of room to spare.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 AM  —  vBulletin Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd

Site design, images and content © 2002-2022 The Digital FAQ, www.digitalFAQ.com
Forum Software by vBulletin · Copyright © 2022 Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.