digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]

digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives] (http://www.digitalfaq.com/archives/)
-   Video Encoding and Conversion (http://www.digitalfaq.com/archives/encode/)
-   -   KVCD: Put 765mb mpeg onto 700mb disc? (http://www.digitalfaq.com/archives/encode/7506-kvcd-put-765mb.html)

cheung31 01-03-2004 11:21 PM

KVCD: Put 765mb mpeg onto 700mb disc?
 
hey guys, kwag told me to repost this. but i tried using nero to burn my mpeg. bgggt told me it should work. but it hasnt. i unclicked the "burn as standard compliant cd" and no success

im not having any luck with vcdeasy either.

sory for my trouble i caused earlier. but would anyone mind giving me some tips or answers? thx in advance

kwag 01-04-2004 01:22 AM

Have you tried burning with VCDEasy :?:

-kwag

Clessy 01-20-2004 09:09 PM

This isnt correct excatly.
You fit 80 minutes on cd but only 700MB. 705 if you have good over burn.

kwag 01-20-2004 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clessy
This isnt correct excatly.
You fit 80 minutes on cd but only 700MB. 705 if you have good over burn.

Wrong Clessy :!:
You fit 800MB of data on a 700MB CD-R in MODE-2, and 700MB in MODE-1.
MODE-2 doesn't have the CRC checking that MODE-1 has, and that's why you can store more data.
VCDs and SVCD are burned in MODE-2.

-kwag

Clessy 01-20-2004 10:30 PM

What are you burning with that burned mode 2? Nero?

kwag 01-20-2004 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clessy
What are you burning with that burned mode 2? Nero?

Nero or VCDEasy. Both will burn a standard or non-standard VCD or VCD, which are burned in MODE-2.
(Or any VCD burning software, because (S)VCDs are all burned in MODE-2)

-kwag

Clessy 01-20-2004 11:11 PM

Totally off topic but could read my post in BBmpeg I need help. The program just keep crashing or not loading the file. I used AMMtool Multiplexer but it only gives me 1 minute so yeah :(

zbyszp 03-09-2004 06:26 AM

(sorry for my english ;)) If you multipex as mpeg1 vbr, movie don't fit on 1vcd (nonstandard) - you must demultiplex video&audio and multiplex (both in tmpgenc tools) as nonstadard vcd, this should work.




----------------
daewoo dqd 2113d, kvcdx3 528x576/112kbps audio

kev23m 03-09-2004 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clessy
Totally off topic but could read my post in BBmpeg I need help. The program just keep crashing or not loading the file. I used AMMtool Multiplexer but it only gives me 1 minute so yeah :(

Are you running Xp , you will need the patched dll , i had the same problem , works fine now.

Have burnt 805mb onto a 700mb cdr with overburn.

I had this problem with tmpgenc when i multiplexed , it would exceed the track length and could not burn it .

With bbmpeg now no problem at all.

Raavin 04-19-2004 07:09 PM

I think the max is 809MB but 805 is the max I've ever had success with with VCD Easy.

Raavin

jorel 04-19-2004 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raavin
I think the max is 809MB but 805 is the max I've ever had success with with VCD Easy.

Raavin

i burn 819Mb in nero without problems!
:wink:

jorel 04-19-2004 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zbyszp
(sorry for my english ;)) If you multipex as mpeg1 vbr, movie don't fit on 1vcd (nonstandard) - you must demultiplex video&audio and multiplex (both in tmpgenc tools) as nonstadard vcd, this should work.

hy zbyszp,
welcome in forum.

little hint:
no matter if is standard or not,
the important is the final size to fit in one cd-r!
:wink:

Encoder Master 04-20-2004 11:40 AM

Quote:

burn 819Mb in nero without problems!
On 80 minutes VCD,...

~820 MB with Lite-On and a little bit more. :D

alstar83 03-12-2005 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorel
Quote:

Originally Posted by Raavin
I think the max is 809MB but 805 is the max I've ever had success with with VCD Easy.

Raavin

i burn 819Mb in nero without problems!
:wink:

how did you do it? Can you say more in details?
thanks

kwag 03-12-2005 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alstar83
how did you do it? Can you say more in details?
thanks

Just make sure you set "Allow Overburn" option on the settings :)

-kwag


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:56 PM  —  vBulletin Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd

Site design, images and content © 2002-2022 The Digital FAQ, www.digitalFAQ.com
Forum Software by vBulletin · Copyright © 2022 Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.