Forums [Archives] Forums [Archives] (
-   Video Encoding and Conversion (
-   -   Audio out of sync converting MPEG to KVCD? (

jim620 01-22-2004 05:10 PM

Audio out of sync converting MPEG to KVCD?
I am trying to convert an MPG to KVCD but the audio is out of sync. I have tried to demux the audio out of the original MPG, using Goldwave to extract the audio to wav-->mp2, and using the original MPG as the audio source in TMPGenc while encoding. Any ideas? Here's my script.

LoadPlugin("e:\kvcd\filters\convolution3dyv12.dll" )

Blockbuster(method="noise",detail_min=1,detail_max =3,variance=0.1,seed=1)
Convolution3D(1, 6, 12, 6, 8, 2.8, 0)
GripCrop(352, 240, source_anamorphic=false, dest_anamorphic=false )
#Blockbuster(method="noise",detail_min=1,detail_ma x=10,variance=0.3,seed=5623)

Dialhot 01-22-2004 05:13 PM

Convert using tmpgenc the mpg in huffyuvavi. Do not use virtualdub for that.
The avi shuold be in synch and you can use it as source in a script.

jim620 01-22-2004 05:20 PM

Thanks will give it a try. It's kinda strange that the demux audio from the original MPG file would not be in sync with the KVCD m1v file.

Dialhot 01-22-2004 05:35 PM

I had that a lot when I used to frameserve mpeg1 from vdub to tmpgenc and I never find the reason.

incredible 01-22-2004 05:41 PM

Maybe you did already tried that, but as Directshowsource does not seem to be that intelligend (I don't know how to explain in other words) you should add a fps=25 or something like that as mybe that import command confuses a bit the fps of the source?!

Dialhot 01-22-2004 05:44 PM


Originally Posted by incredible
you should add a fps=25 or something like that as mybe that import command confuses a bit the fps of the source?!

According to the resolution used it should be 23.976 I guess. But that is a good suggestion you had incredible !

jim620 01-23-2004 10:20 AM

Haven't been able to try the Huffyu yet but I'll also try and add the fps command and see if that works. By the way it is 23.976fps.

incredible 01-23-2004 11:32 AM

First do try the FPS Parameter in Directshowsource()!

DirectShowSource("e:\kvcd\movie.mpg", fps=23.976)

Maybe its just that what helps!

And if not, do still the way to demux first, and load the m1v with directshowsource where the mp2 will be convertet to mp2 again (if other Audiobitrate or Samplerate is needed) using besweet

jim620 01-26-2004 12:37 PM

Adding the line fps=29.97 did the trick. Audio in synch with video. Thanks for the help.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM  —  vBulletin Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd

Site design, images and content © 2002-2022 The Digital FAQ,
Forum Software by vBulletin · Copyright © 2022 Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.