digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]

digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives] (http://www.digitalfaq.com/archives/)
-   Video Encoding and Conversion (http://www.digitalfaq.com/archives/encode/)
-   -   KDVD: tmpgenc converts the audio from 44.1khz to 48khz? (http://www.digitalfaq.com/archives/encode/7866-kdvd-tmpgenc-converts.html)

daone 01-23-2004 09:47 AM

KDVD: tmpgenc converts the audio from 44.1khz to 48khz?
 
Okay, i am unsure about KDVD. I have made KVCDS in the past and have some questions.

1)Okay, If i want to make a KDVD, is the process teh same as KVCDs accept you load the DVD template instead and you use teh audio of 48,000 ?

2) will tmpgenc, convert the audio from 41000 to 48000 me? Because i follow a simple guide, and i dont save out the audio

3) Say i want to put menus and stuff. How do you go about it?

Thanks :D

Dialhot 01-23-2004 10:06 AM

Re: Some Questions about KDVD!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dialhot
And you restrict the GOP length to 15 in NTSC and 12 in PAL. That is for standard compliance but I use 25 as GOP length for PAL.

Sorry to correct, but I think it's 18 for NTSC and 15 for PAL. Other than that Dialhot's post explains it all! :wink:

daone 01-23-2004 10:55 AM

Re: Some Questions about KDVD!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dialhot
Sorry to correct, but I think it's 18 for NTSC and 15 for PAL. Other than that Dialhot's post explains it all! :wink:

I am sorry, but what post are you talking about when you say "Dialhot's post" ?

:D

incredible 01-23-2004 12:14 PM

The correction by himself was correct.

NTSC = max frames within a GOP = up to 18

PAL = max frames within a GOP = up to 15

BUT thats only the standard and and as we saw some reports that SOME players do even allow larger GOPs in DVD mode, try it ;-)

Quote:

will tmpgenc, convert the audio from 41000 to 48000 me
I wouldn't do that! As its a quality thing. Just use Besweet or Headac3he or AC3machine to convert to 48khz mp2 or 48khz AC3

Dialhot 01-23-2004 12:36 PM

Re: Some Questions about KDVD!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by daone
I am sorry, but what post are you talking about when you say "Dialhot's post" ?

:D

This time it's not me the tired moderator :-) Someone edited by mistake my post insteed of quoting it :-P.

That's sad because it was quite long and I answered point by point to each of your questions :-(

rds_correia 01-23-2004 04:28 PM

I'm sorry Phil but me and my wife, we just can't
stop laughing about your post :lol:
We're so sorry even cause you had a lot of work
there that was just erased... :oops:
Anyway, she was here with me when did it to D&C
and you know, it was just hilarious :)
Don't take personally, please.
Cheers

dazedconfused 01-23-2004 05:11 PM

Re: Some Questions about KDVD!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dialhot
Quote:

Originally Posted by daone
I am sorry, but what post are you talking about when you say "Dialhot's post" ?

:D

This time it's not me the tired moderator :-) Someone edited by mistake my post insteed of quoting it :-P.

:rotf:

That's called "karma" my friend.....karma. :mrgreen: ( :P only kidding! We all appreciate your efforts Phil! ).

You've got to admit it though, that's a pretty funny coincidence... :lol:

Best regards,
-d&c

daone 01-27-2004 10:16 AM

Quote:

This time it's not me the tired moderator Someone edited by mistake my post insteed of quoting it .

That's sad because it was quite long and I answered point by point to each of your questions
Damn! Thank you for taking your time to answer my questions. Its just sucks thats i couldn't see them.

Now i am back to the beginning: confused :D

Dialhot 01-27-2004 10:52 AM

Re: Some Questions about KDVD!
 
Okay, so let's redo from the begining.

Quote:

Originally Posted by daone
1)Okay, If i want to make a KDVD, is the process teh same as KVCDs accept you load the DVD template instead and you use teh audio of 48,000 ?

You mean : load the KDVD template ? Yes it is.

Quote:

2) will tmpgenc, convert the audio from 41000 to 48000 me? Because i follow a simple guide, and i dont save out the audio
You shouldn't do that, really. What make tmpgenc not good for audio is it's internal engine. And the resampling is the most difficult part to handle for any audio encoder. So yuou can imagine that tmpgenc sucks at that a lot !
But if you insist, yes it can.

Quote:

3) Say i want to put menus and stuff. How do you go about it?
All depend on what you want to put in the menu.
Simple one can be achieve easily with tmpgenc dvd author.
More elaborate with DVD-lab.


Thanks :D[/quote]


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:04 AM  —  vBulletin Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd

Site design, images and content © 2002-2022 The Digital FAQ, www.digitalFAQ.com
Forum Software by vBulletin · Copyright © 2022 Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.