Quantcast KVCD: FitCD Parameters? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
  #1  
04-22-2002, 11:20 AM
Scav Scav is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Kwag,

Nice site you have going here. You sure got it up quickly.
Hey, in a number of the relpies you posted on vcdhelp.com, you mentioned in passing how FitCD helped you create an avs. file that was optimized for resizing correctly. While I'm sure there's lots of ingenious programming behind the scenes, the FitCD interface is a nightmare. Could you relate Exactly which parameters and values you enter or vary (and why) when you are using FitCD?

Thanks,

Scav
Reply With Quote
Someday, 12:01 PM
admin's Avatar
Site Staff / Ad Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 42
Thanks: ∞
Thanked 42 Times in 42 Posts
  #2  
04-22-2002, 01:05 PM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
Hi Kwag,

Nice site you have going here. You sure got it up quickly.
Hey, in a number of the relpies you posted on vcdhelp.com, you mentioned in passing how FitCD helped you create an avs. file that was optimized for resizing correctly. While I'm sure there's lots of ingenious programming behind the scenes, the FitCD interface is a nightmare. Could you relate Exactly which parameters and values you enter or vary (and why) when you are using FitCD?

Thanks,

Scav
Hi Scav:

Thanks!

Regarding FitCD, here's something to get you started.

When you run FitCD, you press the the Open folder right under the MPEG Resizing bar. Then select your .d2v file generated by DVD2AVI.

Then just select the destination size to be 1/2 DVD and besides crop select accurate. This values are to be used with KVCD template because the resolution is 352x480 and that is 1/2 DVD resolution.

If your target was 352x240, then you would choose VCD and not 1/2 DVD.

On the bottom right press the little button "mpeg2dec.dll" to select this dll wherever you have it in your hard disk. This is only done once, since the program will remember that directory next time.

Now press the little floppy disk icon in the far bottom right, and save your film.avs file.

Now you open the file film.avs with TMPEG and also open your audio file.
Load the KVCD template, adjust your input aspect, and encode!

Hope this helps!,
kwag
Reply With Quote
  #3  
04-22-2002, 01:52 PM
Scav Scav is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 33
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kwag,

You don't need to fool with the 'Round to' sliders or the Resize input fields?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
04-22-2002, 02:30 PM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
Kwag,

You don't need to fool with the 'Round to' sliders or the Resize input fields?
You shoudn't have to. But I do fool around with the "Round to:" under resize for zero error. Look at the right while you move this until you see the "error: 0%". Just move it until you get 0.

Be sure to select "Crop: Accurate".

kwag
Reply With Quote
  #5  
04-23-2002, 12:07 PM
DaDe DaDe is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi kwag!!

Congratulations! Very nice site!! Hope you keep it growing.

Ok i have some questions.... In wich cases i need to use fitcd? can i put subtitles after using fitcd? as you know some times i need to put subtitles in my movies since some does not have audio tracks in spanish.

Ok thats all, by the way, i did the sixth sense and it was a little disapointing because it is a very dark movie, it fitted well on a 74 min CDRW but looks crappy, i set the cq to 74 and later to 80 and there was no change but in the size. something that is also happening to me is that the image does funny things often but since it plays flawlessly on my computer, am i right if i assume the problem is my player?

Thanks for such fine work, i burned in VCD the same movie i had burned early in xVCD and definetly the quality is far far away inferior in spite of the need of burning it in 2 CDs instead of the one that the xVCD uses.

Hope you have time to answer each of my questions kwag.


Thanks again,
DaDe.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
04-23-2002, 12:55 PM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDe
Hi kwag!!

Congratulations! Very nice site!! Hope you keep it growing.

Ok i have some questions.... In wich cases i need to use fitcd? can i put subtitles after using fitcd? as you know some times i need to put subtitles in my movies since some does not have audio tracks in spanish.

Ok thats all, by the way, i did the sixth sense and it was a little disapointing because it is a very dark movie, it fitted well on a 74 min CDRW but looks crappy, i set the cq to 74 and later to 80 and there was no change but in the size. something that is also happening to me is that the image does funny things often but since it plays flawlessly on my computer, am i right if i assume the problem is my player?

Thanks for such fine work, i burned in VCD the same movie i had burned early in xVCD and definetly the quality is far far away inferior in spite of the need of burning it in 2 CDs instead of the one that the xVCD uses.

Hope you have time to answer each of my questions kwag.


Thanks again,
DaDe.
Hi DaDe:

Thanks!

Regarding FitCD:

If you want sub-titles, you need to open the .avs file with VirtualDub, instead of TMPEG.

Then you use the VobSub filter in VirtualDub to create an index of your sub-titles. You can get the VobSub filter at http://www.digital-digest.com o other sites.

After this, you FrameServe from VirtualDub, and open the .vdr file from TMPEG.

I suggest to also open the audio with VirtualDub, to avoid audio/video sync issues.

If you do this, when you open the frameserved file ( the .vdr file ) with TMPEG, both audio and video will be on the same stream.

This is just a basic view of the procedure. It can get more complex and scary

kwag
Reply With Quote
  #7  
04-23-2002, 10:06 PM
DaDe DaDe is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have tried using FitCD and the result was almost perfect, i say almost because the image appear to be cutted in his left and right sides, i mean, the image doesn't fit horizontally the screen of my TV neither my PC's, do you know why Kwag?

Thanks!

DaDe
Reply With Quote
  #8  
04-23-2002, 11:08 PM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDe
I have tried using FitCD and the result was almost perfect, i say almost because the image appear to be cutted in his left and right sides, i mean, the image doesn't fit horizontally the screen of my TV neither my PC's, do you know why Kwag?

Thanks!

DaDe
Can you post your .avs script that FitCD made?.

kwag
Reply With Quote
  #9  
04-24-2002, 10:10 AM
DaDe DaDe is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok here is what the avs file looks like, i saw your example in the other tocpic and there are some diferences but this is what he program did itself after following yur indications.


LoadPlugin("C:\windows\system32\MPEG2DEC.dll")
mpeg2source("C:\TEMP\Prueba.d2v")
BilinearResize(320,320,0,0,720,480)
TemporalSmoother(2,2)
AddBorders(16,81,16,81)


What do you think about it?

Thanks!
DaDe.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
04-24-2002, 10:48 AM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaDe
Ok here is what the avs file looks like, i saw your example in the other tocpic and there are some diferences but this is what he program did itself after following yur indications.


LoadPlugin("C:\windows\system32\MPEG2DEC.dll")
mpeg2source("C:\TEMP\Prueba.d2v")
BilinearResize(320,320,0,0,720,480)
TemporalSmoother(2,2)
AddBorders(16,81,16,81)


What do you think about it?

Thanks!
DaDe.
AddBorders(16,81,16,81)
That's why!. Something went wrong.

Here's what each value represents in the function:

AddBorders(left,top,right,bottom,clip)
So it's cutting 16 lines on each side, and that's why it looks the wai it does.
Also 81 lines top and bottom.

Did you do some kind of resize or crop when you did your .d2v project.
Because that's the only way I can think that you got those crazy values!

Here's a screenshot of what my FitCD screen loks like:



Verify your settings, and try it again.

kwag
Reply With Quote
  #11  
04-24-2002, 11:00 AM
DaDe DaDe is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks kwag i'll check them.

You know, is strange cause the first time y select 1/2 DVD the settings were just the same as yours, i don't know what happened. I'll try again when i get home today, i'll let you know my success in the afternoon.

Thanks a lot.

DaDe.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
04-24-2002, 12:45 PM
NYPlayer NYPlayer is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Kwag,

I too am having the same problem with clipping of the edges and the top.

Face off is 16:9 display
I did a force film in DVD2AVI and used VOB2AUDIO to extract the audio.
Hers is an example of the FITCD generated avs.

LoadPlugin("C:\Avisynth\MPEG2DEC.dll")
mpeg2source("C:\FACEOFF\in.d2v")
BilinearResize(320,320,0,0,720,480)
#TemporalSmoother(2,2)
AddBorders(16,80,16,80)
#Trim(0,199797).FadeOut(150)


The one below is the one I used so it wouldn't crop the edges and top.

loadplugin("c:\avisynth\mpeg2dec.dll")
v=mpeg2source("c:\dvd\in.d2v")
a=wavsource("c:\dvd\in.wav")
audiodub(v,a)
bicubicresize(352,180)
addborders(0,30,0,30)

Any suggestions you may have will be appreciated.

PS all my FITCD settings are exactly like yours.

I appreciate the work you have done in helping us out and my compliments on your site.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
04-24-2002, 12:53 PM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPlayer
Hi Kwag,

I too am having the same problem with clipping of the edges and the top.

Face off is 16:9 display
I did a force film in DVD2AVI and used VOB2AUDIO to extract the audio.
Hers is an example of the FITCD generated avs.

LoadPlugin("C:\Avisynth\MPEG2DEC.dll")
mpeg2source("C:\FACEOFF\in.d2v")
BilinearResize(320,320,0,0,720,480)
#TemporalSmoother(2,2)
AddBorders(16,80,16,80)
#Trim(0,199797).FadeOut(150)


The one below is the one I used so it wouldn't crop the edges and top.

loadplugin("c:\avisynth\mpeg2dec.dll")
v=mpeg2source("c:\dvd\in.d2v")
a=wavsource("c:\dvd\in.wav")
audiodub(v,a)
bicubicresize(352,180)
addborders(0,30,0,30)

Any suggestions you may have will be appreciated.

PS all my FITCD settings are exactly like yours.

I appreciate the work you have done in helping us out and my compliments on your site.
Hi NYPlayer:

Try using BilinearResize. The filter is best for resizing from higher resolutions to lower resolutions as you are doing here.

BiCubic is best for up-scaling resolutions.

Try running your script like this:

LoadPlugin("C:\Avisynth\MPEG2DEC.dll")
mpeg2source("C:\FACEOFF\in.d2v")
BilinearResize(320,320,0,0,720,480)
TemporalSmoother(2,2)
AddBorders(0,64,0,64)


And check that in TMPEG the input aspect ratio is 16:9 and Full Screen.
If your video is a wide screen format.

kwag
Reply With Quote
  #14  
04-24-2002, 04:17 PM
NYPlayer NYPlayer is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 36
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Kwag,

Just want to let you know after further investigation of the FITCD settings I saw that I had the Blocks-TV Overscan set to 2 once I set these to zero I got an AVS script just like the one you posted above.

Thanks.


Sorry but my eyes deceived me
Reply With Quote
  #15  
04-25-2002, 11:30 AM
DaDe DaDe is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 70
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ese Kwag!

I did the same discover yesterday, the Blocks-TV Overscan was 2, i put it down to zero(like in your screen capture) and the problem was solved, anyway your advice for upscaling is a good tip. Thanks. You may want to take note of this little detail for one of your future guides .

Thanks!
DaDe.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
04-25-2002, 01:19 PM
Yoda Yoda is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 172
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kwag,
Worked my way through FitCd and I think I have a good handle on it. However in your previous post you said:

"Now you open the file film.avs with TMPEG and also open your audio file.
Load the KVCD template, adjust your input aspect, and encode! "

My program does not give me that option. I'm using version 2.53. Did I miss something?
__________________
May the code force be with you
Reply With Quote
  #17  
04-25-2002, 02:10 PM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda
Kwag,
Worked my way through FitCd and I think I have a good handle on it. However in your previous post you said:

"Now you open the file film.avs with TMPEG and also open your audio file.
Load the KVCD template, adjust your input aspect, and encode! "

My program does not give me that option. I'm using version 2.53. Did I miss something?
In TMPEG you open the .avs with the "Browse" button on Video source and you open your audio with the "Browse" button on Audio source.

Main screen of TMPEG.

kwag
Reply With Quote
  #18  
04-25-2002, 02:29 PM
Yoda Yoda is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 172
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kwag,
I understand that but when I do the browse that extension is not listed. Even when I do "all files *.*" and it becomes visible I get an error message saying not supported. Is there a pay version and a demo version of TMEPG. Maybe I have the demo because it tells me I have so many days before I'll not be able to do mpeg2's.
__________________
May the code force be with you
Reply With Quote
  #19  
04-25-2002, 03:12 PM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda
Kwag,
I understand that but when I do the browse that extension is not listed. Even when I do "all files *.*" and it becomes visible I get an error message saying not supported. Is there a pay version and a demo version of TMEPG. Maybe I have the demo because it tells me I have so many days before I'll not be able to do mpeg2's.
You do the "*" and then look for your .WAV file wherever you saved it with DVD2AVI.
I assume that this was a DVD2AVI project, in which it generates a .d2v and a .wav file.

Should normally be in the same directory where your .d2v is.
If you don't have a .WAV file, something went wrong with DVD2AVI, and it didn't generate it.

I am using TMPGEnc 2.53 Plus, but the standard 2.53 is the same for this purpose.

Here are the audio settings I use in DVD2AVI:







Here's what it looks like in TMPEG:




kwag
Reply With Quote
  #20  
04-27-2002, 08:04 AM
Spyglass Spyglass is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 34
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You actually need to search the web for AVISYNTH and MPEG2DEC and install them. MPEG2DEC is just a DLL so leave that in any directory and point FItCd to it. AVISYNTH once installed registers the .avs filetype so that you can then import that type in TMPeg.

Spyglass

http://www.divx-digest.com/software/avisynth.html
Reply With Quote
Reply




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Avisynth: how i can add Fitcd Parameters to this script? kvcdexplorer Avisynth Scripting 4 06-28-2005 03:18 AM
KVCD: LBR Fitcd problem? jrv331 Video Encoding and Conversion 2 12-01-2002 11:38 AM
KVCD: I used fitcd, now what? jettajerk89 Video Encoding and Conversion 7 09-02-2002 01:50 AM
KVCD: Parameters to generate an AVI at Adobe Premiere? grc Video Encoding and Conversion 0 08-26-2002 12:57 PM
Avisynth: FitCD parameters with the new Template Spyglass Avisynth Scripting 5 06-09-2002 03:30 PM

Thread Tools



 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:59 PM  —  vBulletin Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd