Quantcast Mencoder Suggested Features - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
  #1  
05-14-2004, 02:43 AM
mfb mfb is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Austria
Posts: 64
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hi, vmesquita

Quote:
The topic is locked to keep it clean. If you want to suggest a feature, post a new thread.
ok, how about...

save latest used values for new startup-defaults
(especially framerate/aspect ratio)
this would also be nice for the load source file dialog (*.avi / *.vob)

combo-box with most common values for max-bitrate

option to change the temp.conf name according to source (for later multiple batch processing)

specify output name
(maybe auto generated: source (resolution) -br_bitrate -max_maxbitrate, -f_filter)

selectable content of final resolution combo for pal/ntsc (startup-default)


tnx for your great work, keep it up!

regards, ***mfb***
Reply With Quote
Someday, 12:01 PM
admin's Avatar
Site Staff / Ad Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 42
Thanks: ∞
Thanked 42 Times in 42 Posts
  #2  
05-14-2004, 06:48 PM
jorel jorel is offline
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brasil - MG - third stone from the sun
Posts: 5,570
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
optional way to .avs scripts (source and filters) !
maybe it need more time to encode but will be nice if optional.

mfb suggests are good too!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
05-15-2004, 09:04 AM
mbaluda mbaluda is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 18
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think first pass ancoding should be redirected tu /dev/null (something similar in windows?)
Reply With Quote
  #4  
05-16-2004, 08:22 AM
vmesquita vmesquita is offline
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,726
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok, let's see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfb
save latest used values for new startup-defaults
(especially framerate/aspect ratio)
this would also be nice for the load source file dialog (*.avi / *.vob)
Ok.
Quote:
combo-box with most common values for max-bitrate
Not sure if this is usefull... Each template already have the correct max.
Quote:
option to change the temp.conf name according to source (for later multiple batch processing)
ok
Quote:
specify output name
(maybe auto generated: source (resolution) -br_bitrate -max_maxbitrate, -f_filter)
ok
Quote:
selectable content of final resolution combo for pal/ntsc (startup-default)
I am not sure this is needed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jorel
optional way to .avs scripts (source and filters) !
maybe it need more time to encode but will be nice if optional.
You can use avs throught MakeAVIS, check rds_correa guide (it's a sticky). milan is working in aversion of mencoder that support direct avisynth input.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbaluda
I think first pass ancoding should be redirected tu /dev/null (something similar in windows?)
I tried doing that in windows (it's actually called NUL or NIL, not sure right now) and the encoding go slower
Reply With Quote
  #5  
05-16-2004, 06:12 PM
jorel jorel is offline
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brasil - MG - third stone from the sun
Posts: 5,570
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thank you thank you "gold star", MakeAVIS is very good for the job!
Reply With Quote
Reply




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DVRs: what features should be present on the receiver box? rds_correia Players, DVRs, Media Centers 6 02-27-2006 10:02 AM
IncrediMail email with great features black prince Computers 4 08-23-2004 02:32 PM
Mencoder: Mencoder two-pass encoding questions Prodater64 Video Encoding and Conversion 13 05-05-2004 03:33 PM
Mencoder: Changing/Setting field order in mencoder tuco1979 Video Encoding and Conversion 1 04-17-2004 09:06 AM
TMPGEnc: Which is the suggested TMPGenc version for KVCD? SatStorm Video Encoding and Conversion 1 09-09-2002 05:22 PM

Thread Tools



 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 AM  —  vBulletin Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd