Quantcast KDVD: KDVD or Divx - Page 2 - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
  #21  
06-25-2004, 10:02 AM
rds_correia rds_correia is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chinese Democracy starts now!
Posts: 2,563
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatStorm
Anyway, personally, I point direct to this place here, when someone ask information about kvcd / kdvd. And I don't rise a critic about it.
This is, I believe, the best solution
Hi SatStorm,
We can all live with that, I'm sure.
More, that's basically what I've been saying for a lot of posts there already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatStorm
And as I said, Keep what you are doing here, and I hope you never loose your enthusiasm about this hobby.
Also we don't expect others to have the same enthusiam about KVCD.
We just expect fair comparisons with other methods and people to be elegant enough to technically admit that KDVD techniques ARE NOT tmpgenc templates, as they work with the majority of soft. encoders out there, and that those are 100% DVD compliant, period.
If they say otherwise, please document/post why they say it's the other way around.
Anyway they could come here once in a while even if they don't like K techniques as they may come to learn something, as I do when browsing D9/vcdhelp.
Cheers
__________________
Rui
Reply With Quote
Someday, 12:01 PM
admin's Avatar
Site Staff / Ad Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 42
Thanks: ∞
Thanked 42 Times in 42 Posts
  #22  
06-25-2004, 11:09 AM
incredible incredible is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,189
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to incredible
I think that whole "war" is ONLY based on philosophics and also who wants to follow which philosophic (the nice word "apostels").

So I dont know WHAT THE HELL is that all about there? Makes no sense to put energies/explanations into such subjects which will everytime rise a new (IMHO).

Reply With Quote
  #23  
06-25-2004, 11:39 AM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatStorm
And I might not agree with anything you talking / present here, but I can see and feel the enthusiasm you have.
If you don't agree with anything, then why would you visit this site
Because if I find a site that I don't aggree with, it clearly means I don't like it, so I just won't visit it
Quote:
And that's enough for me, so to visit once a week this forum and read the various posts.
That you don't agree, right
Hmm.. Interesting attitude
Quote:

And that's why also, I said "a friendly and very active community". Because I know you from distance.
Specially since your last log in here was way over a year ago.
Quote:

Personally, I'm not into CD based solutions and I don't focus anymore on the encoding part of this hobby. I manage to have the results that please me "my way", so this thing is concluded for me (interlace mpeg 2 and how to encode it). I basicly focus on filtering analogue sources I capture from various media (from old VHS tapes to HDTV DVB transmissions) and learn in deep that part, without the use of avisynth (which I don't like at all, even if I respect it and realise the need of it).
Well, maybe you haven't read here enough, because this site is not for CD based solutions only.
We also do DVD, captures DVB and many other things.
Quote:

About the forums: There are entry and advance forums, also forums based on cutting edge or average things. I won't determine what this or that forum is, neither which is better. I only say that each forum gathers the type of the users that represents.
If you mean vcdhelp forum, yes there are some advanced forums, but they all stick not to go beyond standard procedures, and that's the biggest handicap we see here.
Quote:

Here, you are very determined on what you are try to do and succeed. Those posting here, test and explore specific things. Don't expect the same attitude and the same enthusiasm you have here about kvcd/ kdvd elsewhere.
You are plain wrong
Our attitude is the same as most that try to push limits and extend standards. We are not the only ones that do that. That's what separates this kind of site from other standard sites, which will never have that spirit.
Quote:
Neither the same reaction. I know myself about it (just read the responses I had when I publish about CVD, 2 years ago ... )

Anyway, personally, I point direct to this place here, when someone ask information about kvcd / kdvd. And I don't rise a critic about it.
This is, I believe, the best solution
Yeah right
Sorry SatsTorm, I just had to laugh my ass off, because I know damn well what you constantly reply at vcdhelp.
I don't post there anymore, but I do read once in a while, and I search for "kvcd' there just to see what kinds of comments people are saying.
You are one of the worse detractors, and I'll make it public here, postiing several of your comments here right now:

Quote:
This is KDVD with another name. The correct name. But the fact is that TMPGenc authors got kwag ideas (and not only: Those -X- ideas are floating in the net years now...) and make them built in fuctions for their product.

Kwag (and the rest with those -x- ideas) didn't earn something for this.

IMHO, any "x" is crap and I don't care about it. But this is me, others are using x" for their needs and like it. It is their choice. And among them, Kwag prooved himself in a point that nobody can doubt.
http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewt...=satstorm+kvcd

Quote:
Where are the "problems" with Kwag?

- Basicly he once claimed that his solutions were standards. Well, those solutions ain't standards, it was a fair compatible xVCD solutions at first, xCVD/xSVCD solutions later and with DVD
http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewt...=satstorm+kvcd

Which is never claimed KVCD to be a "Standard", but you keep trying to put that word on my mouth ALL the time.
My answer was also clearly posted on that last thread.


And then your BEST post, which I never replied, because I had signed out of that site prior to this beautiful post, which I will now reply HERE

Quote:
@ Kwag:
I said it before and I said it again: Help yourself! Express yourself in a better more diplomatic way! Nobody has problem with your ideas, but many have problems with the terms you use.
And, I don't believe that this is innocent any more. You have your reasons for doing this.

That's why now I gonna post stuff here for the very fist time. I know those things about 4 years now, but never post them before, because as I said, I liked you. But it seems that you wish now to turn pro, also you doing plans and dreams for your future. Better let me inform you now, before you do serious mistakes:
Let's see, pro
Well it's been my job for well over 20 years
Quote:

The resolutions used by Kwag belongs to the Digital Video Broadcasting forum.
The resolutions WE all use are mathematical resolutions, that don't belong to any broadcast forum. I should know, with 20+ years in communications, holding a Federal Communications Comission license specifically for the broadcast industry
Quote:

What that means? It means my dear Kwag, that all of your mpeg 2 based solutions you offer, ain't and never gonna be YOUR standard.
And I never said that
Quote:
Those resolutions belong to the DVB forum. And DVB means Satellite, Terrestial and Cable.
Again, go back to school and learn about what is/is not patented. I know
Quote:
The specifications of DVB transmissions determines the resolutions you use years before you.
So
A resolution is a resolution. Just like an audio frequency is an audio frequency, and anyone can generate any audio frequency or even a radio frequency.
Sure, RF is allocated and assigned (in the states) by the FCC. But let's not go off topic here.
Quote:
For your informations, "Cable" means also Internet.
WOW, you really need to learn some basics
Quote:

Your KVCD with mpeg 2 is nothing than DVB on DVD or CD media. Interlace - Progressive doesn't matter, DVB support both.
See that's how much you (un)know. KVCD has nothing to do specifically with DVB, DVD or CD, It has to do WITH ALL, because KVCD on it's core is really the matrix, plus all techniques that have been created around it, and it does apply to any MPEG-1 or MPEG-2 generation.
Quote:
Also, the Gop modifications etc, are all determined to be used at any way by DVB, even in the way you use them / modified them.
The GOP size we use is a "suggestion". Not necessary. We use very short GOPs too, specifically for animated materials.
Quote:
So, it is the DVB forum which have the official rights to use those resolutions you use on your mpeg 2 solutions,
Nope. They don't. Anyone can use any resolutution they want.
Quote:
and DVB forum has the official right to use any mpeg 2 modifications on the GOP the way you also do.
You're plain wrong AGAIN
The MPEG-LA has the patents on MPEG-2, and they can do whatever they want.
Quote:
Because of the trading laws that used for digital video determination, the "media" ain't the physical media you use (optical discs, transmission) but the mpeg 2 form you use. In your case, you have to pay twice to make your KVCD with mpeg 2 a "format":
If we were doing an MPEG-2 encoder, we would have to pay royalties to the MPEG-LA. Nothing else.
As to our propietary and registered matrix, it's our leverage over other matrixes and even over the standard. The MPEG Group clearly defined that part for the benefit of any manufacturer, both on MPEG-1 and MPEG-2.
Quote:
The mpeg 2 forum and the DVB forum.
The mpeg 2 forum because you use mpeg 2 (it is not a free codec like xvid for example...) and the DVB forum because you use mpeg 2 in a way DVB use it for a long long time for any kind of broadcasts and has the right to do it....
I don't need to pay royalties to use an MPEG-2 encoder, because I own (as most people here) a licensed MPEG-2 encoder. TMPGEnc.
So you see, in reality, anyone who owns TMPEG, CCE, MCE, has already paid their share to the MPEG-LA group, because when you bought the product, you are paying a small portion that goes to royalties.
But you see, if a commercial company wants to integrate our matrix, they have to talk to us, because we hold the rights on our matrix. And that, my friend, I can take to the bank
Quote:

And now, something ever more unknown:

Even with MPEG 1 you have trouble. Why?

Because of DVB's MPEG 1.5 standard!!!!
What's that?
Tell me. Tell me. I can't wait
Quote:

US broadcasters wanted the economy of digital transmission in early '90s, but because MPEG-1 was not suitable for satellite and MPEG-2 was still being developed, a "bastardized" flavor of MPEG which called MPEG-1.5 was created. This format is not a official standard, but is still used for satellite (CNN Airport network uses MPEG-1.5 for example). MPEG-1.5 uses a wide bandwidth MPEG-1 flavor of video encoding along with multiplexing of data streams which allows multiple programs to be transmitted across one satellite channel at a time.
The resolutions used for this MPEG 1.5, are all the well known DVB resolutions....
So, what's the point
They improved on MPEG-1, just like we improved on MPEG-1 and MPEG-2.
Quote:

So Kwag, CNN and other satellite channels, are using mpeg 1 the way you do, from almost a decade ago. Just imagine, that in Middle east, until last April, there was the "Orbit Arabia" satellite subscription service, used this mpeg 1.5. With about 500.000 subscripters...

This mpeg 1.5 is not a standard, so where is your problem? Well....
I don't know
What is the problem
Quote:

You realise that there is company somewhere someplace (in US) that offer that mpeg 1.5 solution to costumers like CNN, Orbit, etc for more than a decade. This company, has payed the rights to use mpeg 1 the way you do. Also, has the patent to use mpeg 1 the way you do, but years before you...
So Kwag, for the same reasons I explain you for mpeg 2, you have to pay to this company some rights to use mpeg 1 the way you do...
I think I already explained that very well.
But the same way, if ANY commercial company want's to oue our matrix, either on MPEG-1, the obsolete MPEG 1.5 or MPEG-2, the must pay US royalties, and that's a fact
Quote:
They have done commercially what you do, years before you and they have all the patents and stuff, you don't have for it....
They have done "similar" things, but if you look closely at the KVCD Notch matrix, you will NOT find any resemblance to any other matrix in the world, and that's a fact.
Why do you think we were able to register it
Because it IS different, and no other company EVER came up with a pattern that matched ours. Not for DVD, VCD, SVCD DVB or whatever.
Quote:
Plus, you have to pay the MPEG forum for the commercial use of mpeg 1 on media, as well.
Wrong again
You pay royalties on "encoders". Not on decoders. (under most circumstances)
Quote:

In other words Kwag, your "solutions" are like Divx 3.11: Ripp offs.
You ripp off DVB forum, you ripp off mpeg 1.5.
Or to put it in a "Lawer" way, you can't proove that your solutions are conclusions of your own and not emulations / ripp offs of other well known commercional technologies....
Sorry, but our lawers are way more intelligent that you, and this issue has already been registered
KVCD is not a ripoff of any other work, and the matrix is my original work, not based on any other existing matrix. Period.
Quote:


You never payed any rights to use those "ripp offs" on any kind of media (optical, memory based or whatever), right?
Keep talking. You keep saying I'm a thief, right
Quote:

That makes you illegal!.
Tell that to our lawers
Quote:

Turn yourself "big" (as you hope) and a small email to the trading authorities easily gonna sent you to jail (or to the Bank to pay million of $$$, if you have those millions...)
Big
This company has been BIG for over 10 years , so I'm waiting. Trust me, you're full of it
Quote:

Sorry to say, but you never gonna succeed to turn yourself a standard. Both your mpeg 1 and mpeg 2 solutions was / is used commercially by others, years before you.
You keep dreaming
Quote:

And, if you became "big", the real Big ones gonna ask from you the rights they own.
I'm (we) are waiting
Quote:
Prepare to pay lots to MPEG/DVD/DVB forums and this unknown company in US for mpeg 1.5 before you became a standard...
I have an opening in a circus for you
Quote:

And forget markets like: Satellite, Cable, Terrestrial and Internet Broadcasting. Your only "hope" could be to get the official rights to use DVB or mpeg 1.5 on certain media (CD, DVD or even Ram based)....


I know that you well know all this, that's why you say and act the way you do. I believe that you except the day mpeg 1.5 gonna stop be used, so to "patent" your KVCD.
Well, bad news: Patents don't expire! Sorry...
No, you're wrong
I think I know you well now
Patent
When did I ever mentioned a patent
Quote:


So, better determine better the way I point you your stuff and your ideas, before an ******* inform some big ones from the dvb/dvd/mpeg forum. You wouldn't like that, would you?
It will surely be an *******, making an ass out of himself
Quote:

Or, to put it in another way, keep acting the way you do, and the day you became "big"
Happend a long time ago my friend
Quote:
you gonna also face charges, you wouldn't even imagine that exist!
Trust me. I know my business very well
Quote:



And as I said, Keep what you are doing here,
Is that some kind of an order
Do you mean that our advanced techniques shouldn't be spread to other to enjoy
Or is it really that you don't want some people to leave to other more advanced sites, like ours
Quote:
and I hope you never loose your enthusiasm about this hobby.
Never have, never will
Specially now that KVCD Notch matrix is being evaluated for commercial purposes on surveillance applications by commercial companies, again proving that KVCD is not a template, like your dear friends ad vcdhelp keep insisting

And here I leave you with some of my favorite comments from you:

Quote:
To them, kvcd, the spanish cvcd before it and that german variation called mvcd are promising things and providing alternatives for needs we don't have, but they sure have.
Quote:
Kwag "success" based on his community and the way he supports his ideas. He is in a way "charismatic" on this.
The problem with Kwag is on how he promote his ideas. IMHO, he just hurt himself with all this, but he can't realise it. Reading his possie here, I can understand why this is happening.
Quote:
I'm fucking 30 years old hard working *******, giving my 5 min per day to this forum from my free time.
http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewt...storm&start=60
Really nice attitude for a moderator We definitely don't have a place for that kind comments in here.[quote]

Quote:
Other example: We don't like our neighbour Turks. In the matter of fact, most of us hate them. We almost daily ready for war with them.
I think that last statement sums it all
I guess I could call this post: "An introduction to (the real) Satstorm "

-kwag
Reply With Quote
  #24  
06-25-2004, 11:40 AM
Fluffbutt Fluffbutt is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 189
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatStorm
That's why I always send those who ask questions about kvcd / kdvd direct here without more explanations and comments.

Over the years I believe this is the only way to prevent unpleasent discussions that lead to nothing or bad comments like " they're VERY fascist". (And as you probably already noticed pacheco, I already accused for "anti americanism" at the same post, just because I tried to keep the distances between you and lordsmurf...)

Keep what you are doing here, and I hope you never loose your enthusiasm about this hobby.

Have Fun
My comment was an attempt to describe their total dictatorial nature (and I'm NOT basing that on just that one thread - I snoop a lot on their forum, and I've seen many many examples of quick-to-ban, and tellings-off, topic closures for spurious reasons.

For my mind, someone who won't accept that the internet is worldwide, and american (or any country) rules cannot be forced onto the world is dictatorial and fascist.

Excellent summation there, Kwag - I'd already read most of those posts.. LOL
__________________
|
Meeow!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
06-25-2004, 01:13 PM
jorel jorel is offline
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brasil - MG - third stone from the sun
Posts: 5,570
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
excuse me but .....SatStorm seems a nice guy!
i feel "education" and his words, of course is an great person!
@ all
we all have opinions.... and differents opinions(when exist) it not means enemys, right? like i always write(or try to write) english language loose some feelings in the phrases! translations and interpretations always loose feelings!

now @ all and @ nobody...about standards:
Henry Ford build the "T" model as standard.
what i do with my ferrari?

ntsc-m b&w tv is standard:
what i do with my pal color tv?

and the very complicated point:
if you're not the oldest son in your family,can your parents think that you're not "standard" ?


standards are "labels" for conventional parameters that can be changed.... for better!
Reply With Quote
  #26  
06-25-2004, 01:19 PM
offline offline is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think that was a bit harsh Kwaq. I remember when you were
a newbie at videohelp.com and I'm sure I could scan through
your comments and pick up bits and pieces to criticize.
While you may despise the site, vcdhelp was part of the
impetus behind your 'format' and the establishment of this forum.

Hope you don't mind if I stick around and check things out
as I did not know you were still around. KDVD sounds
interesting.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
06-25-2004, 02:19 PM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by offline
I think that was a bit harsh Kwaq. I remember when you were
a newbie at videohelp.com and I'm sure I could scan through
your comments and pick up bits and pieces to criticize.
I'm sure that when you go to vcdhelp.com, and you do a search for all the messages I posted, you won't find me asking many questions
It was usually busy posting answers ( or getting flamed for the things I was trying to do )
But hey, it's my nature
Do you know what is the nature of Radio Amateur (HAM) operators (I'm one)
The main goal is experimentation, pushing standards, and making new standards and other techniques
This is what we do:
http://www.arrl.org/hamradio.html

One definition is this:

# Promotion and enhancement of the Amateur Radio Service as a voluntary noncommercial public communications service.
# Continual advancement of the art of radio communication.
# Expansion of the reservoir of trained radio operators and electronic experts.
# Enhancement of international goodwill at the grass roots level.

References here: http://www.wordiq.com/definition/Amateur_radio

To give you an example, and to tell you that I am a radio freak, because in 1989 I set up the first 1.3Ghz Amateur Radio repeater here in P.R.
Back at that time, everyone else was using either 144Mhz, 220Mhz and 440Mhz repeaters, and we (3 crazy ham operators) were having fun talking and doing data communication tests (X25 packet radio) at 1.3Ghz band
So that's why I don't settle for "Standards", if they can be improved and modified for the benefit of everyone.
Maybe some people can now see the relationship of this to KVCD
Quote:
While you may despise the site, vcdhelp was part of the
impetus behind your 'format' and the establishment of this forum.
When KVCD.Net started, we didn't have our propitary quantization matrix. It was only a heavlily modified TMPGEnc template, and things have changed drastically from those days. As a matter of fact, we don't even use those old templates anymore, because we now focus on many other things that are beyond the basics, like software tools, advanced encoding techniques, etc.
Quote:

Hope you don't mind if I stick around and check things out
as I did not know you were still around. KDVD sounds
interesting.
Of course I don't mind
You're welcome.
Have fun
We do

-kwag
Reply With Quote
  #28  
06-25-2004, 02:24 PM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatStorm

And Kwag, you use to say years ago that your KVCD gonna turn standard.
Read between my lipps: I N E V E R said that, and that's what vitualis, adam and other there keep making everyone believe.
I said FORMAT, as clearly defined in a dictionary, and that's another story.
It seems that they have repeated that so much, that they all actually believe it
Quote:

And I don't see anything bad here either:

"
@ Kwag:
I said it before and I said it again: Help yourself! Express yourself in a better more diplomatic way! Nobody has problem with your ideas, but many have problems with the terms you use.
And, I don't believe that this is innocent any more. You have your reasons for doing this. "

This Kwag, was a friendly advice, from one enthusiast to other.
I do that myself for years. I evolved. I use to piss off more than you, as you probably remember...
Actually all of those threads are very amusing to me
It takes a lot to piss me off, as I have to deal with real life pissers in business every day
Quote:

About the DVB stuff and your ideas
You bring all this here now, 2 years later, to discuss them.
That's nice, but: Since you object, why you didn't try at least talk all this with me in private?
Well then, you could have done the same thing, couldn't you
Quote:
We could both learn from this I bet...
Why I had to wait 2 years to read your side of the story?
Maybe for the same reason you came back here 2 years later to make a statement
Quote:

About your favorite Quote from me, I don' t find them negative or against you. If you feel it against you, then I'm sorry... I bet, we have both a communication problem and different attitude.

I always respect your community. I like your fellows here. I don't expect to like me, neither even give a sh*t about me. Respect is not something you can force: You gain it. And your community here (and your passion for this hobby) have all my respect. I don't really like your attitude at times (like this post here), but: this is you.
Me
Did you ever see the movie "First Blood"
There's always someone that starts it, and I wasn't that person
Quote:

Ohh, and something personal: Please edit this comment or at least, post the whole link about this:
"Other example: We don't like our neighbour Turks. In the matter of fact, most of us hate them. We almost daily ready for war with them."
The llink is already there
It's the link above that quote, so no need to repeat the link
Quote:
This is only the half sentence. You copy and paste it to proove what exactly? The real SatStorm?

There is NO real SatStorm Kwag. SatStorm is an internet persona of mine.
Well you see, that's a big difference between you and me, because my "persona" is the same, on the internet and in real life.
Quote:


Anyway, I'm hurt about your attack. I didn't deserve this. And you know it.
What I know is that you shouldn't have made those comments in the first place
My attack
I'm only defending myself about attacks. As I said before, I didn't start the flaming.
Quote:

I'll keep visiting your forums, probably for the same reasons you visit videohelp.com.
Nah, I browse vcdhelp to see some amusing topics related to KVCD. As a matter of fact, I said clearly over a year ago that I wouldn't post there, and I haven't. But I recall that I have answered I think 2 PM's in the last two years, related to KVCD questions.
So yes, I have logged in 2 times, to support someones' question, which apparently were disregarded in the forum, or mistreated. I don't recall the exact cause now.
Quote:

Please, not any more flames, okey?
What flames
My fire thrower (modified with the kvcd matrix) is designed to throw water. Not fire

EDIT: And sorry, I edited your post instead of replying to it, so I screwed up the original post.


-kwag
Reply With Quote
  #29  
06-25-2004, 02:52 PM
SatStorm SatStorm is offline
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 10
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kwag, we really have a communication problem here...

Anyway, here is the whole sentence about me an Turks:

-------------------------------------------
Filotimo:
"It contains a sense of honor, obligation, self-respect, and teamwork. Literally, it means love of honor"
This is close, but as you see, you can't exactly understand it!

The example given is not exactly accurate. You can use "filotimo" to "defend your country", but you also use "filotimo" to help your kids even if they are lazy 50 year old bastards, and you are 90 with one foot in grave!!!!

Other example: We don't like our neighbour Turks. In the matter of fact, most of us hate them. We almost daily ready for war with them.

Then, an earth strike appears and Turks had a dissaster. Because we have filotimo, we run first to help them.

Filotimo is one of those things you can't understand when you are not Greek.

In the matter of fact, filotimo is what make us and keep us Greeks!
----------------------------

This is a historical fact: I was in the army back in 1996, when we had a incident with Turks, close to war.
5 years later, they had an earthquick with plenty victims.
There were our enemies right?
Well, we where the first run to help them!!!
Just ask them...


Anyway, english is not my native language and mediterenian is my temper. You quote words. I talking about meanings.

About the DVB and your ideas
Sorry Kwag, but: I post and I was waiting for an answer.

And I didn't state anything posting here. I just tried to calm things out. You bring all those things here

To tell you the true, you don't play fair.
And I wasn't prepare for this.

The who we are shows. From our posts, our attitude, our expressions. Language is a barrier, but the meaning always exist.

Anyway, if you wish to seperate so hard ways, no problem with me.
And, don't keep telling us who you are. You are Kwag, I'm SatStorm and this is internet.
If you don't seperate internet from real life, then you are a very advance person...

About the attacks: I never attacked to you. Others yes, but not me.
But, here, you obvious attacked to me. Just like you was waiting all those years to show up and do your stuff

I mean, if you wish to stand for yourself, do it with those who really attack you. Not me...

Anyway, sorry again for posting at your forum, because I feel that you don't want me here. Sorry again.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
06-25-2004, 03:04 PM
Prodater64 Prodater64 is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Palma de Mallorca - España
Posts: 2,925
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Esto lo diré en castellano, espero me comprendan y que no quiten este post, más bien si a alguien le molesta, que lo traduzca.
Discusiones así (a otro nivel, por supuesto), por tonterías, son las que finalmente desatan guerras, estoy seguro.
Si bien en el pasado se pueden haber dicho cosas, es propio de ser humanos el poder cambiar de idea o no, pero si de actitud.
Yo veo aqui que SatStorm mantiene una actitud muy humilde, cosa que no puedo decir de otros inclusive en este mismo foro, y que se han traido cosas del pasado para agraviarlo.
No merece la pena este tipo de discusión.
A alguien le gusta más KVCD, adelante. Si es lo contrario, adelante.
No han dicho aqui en varias oportunidades que lo importante es la amistad.
O es que sólo son palabras?
Reply With Quote
  #31  
06-25-2004, 04:44 PM
rds_correia rds_correia is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chinese Democracy starts now!
Posts: 2,563
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I completely agree with you Pro friend, but we need to realise that SatStorm is a Moderator @ vcdhelp.
He has the responsability!
Remember that post from you when you were cheering VMesquita for his hard work with MencodeMe?
Remember that you used some very "hard slang" Portuguese Google-translation words to show your feelings?
That was the 1st time I realised that I was a Moderator here @ KVCD.
And I remember I was going nuts about that post.
I knew I had to do something.
You weren't online and neither was Karl so there was no point in PMing you or him.
And I was forced to edit your post against my own willing in your back.
For some time I was furious with myself. That was the last thing I would want to happen!
Hopefully you didn't get p**sed about it
So you see SatStorm has the responsability and he knows it!
He may well be a very nice Greek pal but he has to act when he sees something wrong.
But instead of doing it all the time with some vcdhelp veterans he does it with Pacheco, a nice cool guy that apparently is also registered for quite some time there but that has a very low post count there!
And what did I see Pacheco doing over there?
Not much more than I did: claim for some respect between forums and forum members and asking for some fairness from them when we post that instead of saying "crap, period" they could say "not very interesting to me, but hey they have their forum and you may pick up some more info there".
In the end, I think SatStorm all alone can't do much over there so he has to go with the flow otherwise they just ban him too, but that's only IMHO.
On my side of it, I don't have a problem with SatStorm, so everything is cool, but I think he may have a problem between him and his conscience.
Cheers everybody
__________________
Rui
Reply With Quote
  #32  
06-25-2004, 05:07 PM
jorel jorel is offline
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brasil - MG - third stone from the sun
Posts: 5,570
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
hey Correia,
maybe SatStorm will strike himself in his forum!
but he seems a cool guy !
Reply With Quote
  #33  
06-25-2004, 06:12 PM
offline offline is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
@ Prodater64

Bravo, puesto bien

@ Kwag

Thanks. I did not ask many questions either because like you
I guess I found it quicker and more 'reliable' to work things
out for myself.

Yes I have an idea about the nature of
ham's. You mean AX25? Very nice. But how does repeating
error corrective RF in digital packets state your case?

Anyway I thought X25 was a standard from the 60ies? Sure,
repeating AX25 packet radio in '89 at 1Ghz is cutting edge
but it is not bleeding edge and certainly not new
to the world, even though I'm impressed. Your
team must have been one of the first ham groups
in the world to do this. Still PR is still PR
no matter what frequency you squirt, is it not?
Any improvement in data casting is due to the
spectrum - am I wrong?

I think the main problem in your early days is that
you originally modified a template (something that
many others had also done) and decided to call
it a new format. I'm not talking about your current
work- just your original efforts. If I improve a tire
tread patten, I'm not going to claim to have
invented the wheel. I'm not saying you did this, but
it was seen as such by some fairly respected
people at the time. Hence the unpleasantness
I guess. That and perhaps some less than intelligent
input from supporters on either side.

Anyhow, appreciate the welcome especially as
I was not one of your supporters in the old days.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
06-25-2004, 07:26 PM
Prodater64 Prodater64 is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Palma de Mallorca - España
Posts: 2,925
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds_correia
I completely agree with you Pro friend, but we need to realise that SatStorm is a Moderator @ vcdhelp.
He has the responsability!
So you see SatStorm has the responsability and he knows it!...
... He may well be a very nice Greek pal but he has to act when he sees something wrong.
In the end, I think SatStorm all alone can't do much over there so he has to go with the flow otherwise they just ban him too, but that's only IMHO.
On my side of it, I don't have a problem with SatStorm, so everything is cool, but I think he may have a problem between him and his conscience.
Cheers everybody
Of course to be a Mod is a big responsability. Here and in any forum. But in spite of this, didn't you mod in a wrong way anytime? For myself, the answer at this question is "yes". Thanks to my mod partners who did me see the rigth way. I think SatStorm can do things back if he think that he was wrong. It seem to me, he is sufficient honest to do that.
Time will tell us.


--------------------------
Visit: Intermediate guide: MencodeMe/Win32 - Avisynth - MakeAvis by Prodater64.
Visit: KVCD - MencodeMe - Auxiliar Task - KVCD Docking Gate by Prodater64.
Visit: Mencoder scripting with AVSEdit and Guide for Multiple Files by Prodater64.
Visit: Mini-guide quick and easy - DVD to (S)KVCD with MencodeMe by Maurus.
Visit: Mencode-me: a newbie oriented GUI - 0.23 is out! by VMesquita.
--------------------------

Reply With Quote
  #35  
06-25-2004, 08:58 PM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by offline
@ Kwag

Yes I have an idea about the nature of
ham's. You mean AX25?
Yes. AX25 is the Amateur version. X25 is the commercial counterpart.
Quote:
Very nice. But how does repeating
error corrective RF in digital packets state your case?
It states my case because the nature of HAMs is experimentation, which is the case of KVCD
Quote:

Anyway I thought X25 was a standard from the 60ies? Sure,
repeating AX25 packet radio in '89 is cutting edge
but it is not bleeding edge and certainly not new
to the world, even though I'm impressed.
Remember AX25 is the layer. We were doing TCP/IP, Telnet, FTP and many other protocol tests over AX25
Quote:
Your team must have been one of the first ham groups
in the world to do this.
AX25
No, actually it was being done worldwide
I had a lot of fun doing FTP file transfers from different countries, at 300 baud over HF bands back then
Quote:
Still PR is still PR
no matter what frequency you squirt, is it not?
FCC regulations apply here, just like anywhere in the United States, and we are bound by the same rules and regulations.
BUT because I hold an Extra class license, I can do some things at some frequencies that other HAMs are not allowed. Even experimenting with any data protocol that I may design, over any allocated frequency of my choice. Feels good to be able to do that.
Hey, have you ever heard of "Moon Bouncing"
Well, right here in Puerto Rico, we have the world's largest Radio Telescope, the Arecibo Observatory http://www.naic.edu/ and HAM radio operators have gathered with special permissions to do moon bounce voice transmissions with other HAMs around the world. And that's really something interesting and exciting
I know some of the engineers that work there, and the first time they told me that they were using Gallium Arsenide FET cooled down with liquid nitrogen to lower the noise figure in their receiver pre-amp stages, I thought they were crazy
But that was back in 1981, when I was still playing with my Atari 800, and it could't sink in my mind that kind of circuitry. Some things they do there are really out of this world
Quote:
Any improvement in data casting is due to the
spectrum - am I wrong?
What does that have to do with spectrum allocation
Data is data, which is digital, and if you refer to single cast ot multi cast, that has nothing to do with frequency allocation or spectrum.
If you refer to allowed "emissions" on a band plan (like FSK, FSK-NRZ, etc.) that's another story. But those are analog formats.
Quote:

I think the main problem in your early days is that
you originally modified a template (something that
many others had also done) and decided to call
it a new format. I'm not talking about your current
work- just your original efforts.
Even though it was template base only, as it was how this ball started rolling, anything that you modify and create diferent to a standard on original implementation, is called a format. That's the correct technical definition, and you'll find it in any dictionary.
Quote:
If I improve a tire
tread patten, I'm not going to claim to have
invented the wheel.
But you can claim that you modified it, and that automatically becomes a different format, because it's an improvement on an existing product. For example, Michelin has tires, and BF Goodrich has tires. But they both hold patents on their different treads
So you could say that I "re-treaded" the TMPEG templates
Quote:
I'm not saying you did this, but
it was seen as such by some fairly respected
people at the time. Hence the unpleasantness
I guess. That and perhaps some less than intelligent
input from supporters on either side.

Anyhow, appreciate the welcome especially as
I was not one of your supporters in the old days.
You're welcome

-kwag
Reply With Quote
  #36  
06-26-2004, 12:27 AM
offline offline is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Remember AX25 is the layer. We were doing TCP/IP, Telnet, FTP and many other protocol tests over AX25
Of course, I recall using ymodem @ 150 baud over AX25 at school.

Quote:
No, actually it was being done worldwide
Not at 1.3Ghz? Around 400Mhz maybe, but then I'm no
amatur radio ham so I could be wrong. I remember BBS
were using HF for fidonet echos.

Hey, have you ever heard of "Moon Bouncing"

Sure have. That lump of cheese is little more than a big
telstar. I don't think you could FTP from it though. It would
be funny if the moon became a data haven.

Quote:
Gallium Arsenide FET cooled down with liquid nitrogen
Nice classroom experiment.

Quote:
For example, Michelin has tires, and BF Goodrich has tires. But they both hold patents on their different treads
So you could say that I "re-treaded" the TMPEG templates
O.K. fair enough. We will have to agree to disagree on that one.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
06-26-2004, 01:38 AM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by offline
Quote:
Remember AX25 is the layer. We were doing TCP/IP, Telnet, FTP and many other protocol tests over AX25
Of course, I recall using ymodem @ 150 baud over AX25 at school.
DAMN I sure remember that
And then all the bugs of Xmodem Remember that
I finally settled for Zmodem
Quote:


Quote:
No, actually it was being done worldwide
Not at 1.3Ghz? Around 400Mhz maybe, but then I'm no
amatur radio ham so I could be wrong. I remember BBS
were using HF for fidonet echos.
Yes you're right
Probably we were Until the damn hurricane "Hugo" hit us in 1988 (if I recall correctly), and took away my two 13DB high gain antennas
Our site (not web site ) was on a 2,000 foot mountain on a commercial communications site (thanks to Motorola, back at that time ), so we had a very good coverage.
But when the hurricane hit us, it was bye bye to the tower and all the antennas it had
And I cried
Quote:

Hey, have you ever heard of "Moon Bouncing"
Quote:

Quote:
Sure have. That lump of cheese is little more than a big
telstar. I don't think you could FTP from it though. It would
be funny if the moon became a data haven.

Imagine the TCP delay
Actually that's a current issue right now for space communications, using TCP/IP
The delays are too short (TCP window) to be used on long range communications

Quote:
Gallium Arsenide FET cooled down with liquid nitrogen
Quote:
Quote:
Nice classroom experiment.
Yeah, but they used it (or still use it?) for real deep space signal receptions

Quote:
For example, Michelin has tires, and BF Goodrich has tires. But they both hold patents on their different treads
So you could say that I "re-treaded" the TMPEG templates
Quote:

O.K. fair enough. We will have to agree to disagree on that one.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
06-26-2004, 06:00 AM
offline offline is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
DAMN I sure remember that
And then all the bugs of Xmodem Remember that
I finally settled for Zmodem
Yeah. Zmodem was such a pleasure to use after all that mucking
about with y/x.
I think there was a fourth, a mix of x and y perhaps
called frog something?

Quote:
damn hurricane "Hugo" hit us in 1988 (if I recall correctly), and took away my two 13DB high gain antennas
Must have been gut wrenching!

Quote:
The delays are too short (TCP window) to be used on long range communications
Hence SCPS-TP. Full resume on break. Moon bounce would be too
lossy even then I'd imagine. SCI FI Authors talk about the
hydrogen line for space communications. Know anything about that?

Quote:
Yeah, but they used it (or still use it?) for real deep space signal receptions
So I've read. 10 thousand FET's per silicon wafer possible now I've heard, more for terrestrial*stuff (MO/Bipolar)
Not my field but mind numbing all the same.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
06-26-2004, 07:37 AM
jorel jorel is offline
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Brasil - MG - third stone from the sun
Posts: 5,570
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
(open little OT)
@ all
see?
(reading)
...good friends changing informations! (close little OT)

(true topic is back)
...

(still reading..)

...(Yo opino...)
...hey, they are really old and and remember lots of things before we born! (true topic close)

Fue sin querer queriendo
Reply With Quote
  #40  
06-26-2004, 07:48 AM
offline offline is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm 36 jorel. Just a couple of toes in the grave, not a whole foot!
sorry for the OT

Now back on on topic.. where were we..

KDVD is rubbish, video for windows v1 is the best! I can
fit 10 minutes of DVD quality video on a single DVD!
I hate you all .. is that better
Reply With Quote
Reply




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KDVD support in divx player? cyron Players, DVRs, Media Centers 4 11-15-2004 04:47 PM
DIVX xdivx A KDVD?????? nbr Convertir y Codificar Video (Español) 9 09-24-2004 10:54 PM
KDVD continua ficando azul (divx ---DIKO--> KDVD) el34 Conversão e Codificação de Vídeo (Português) 5 07-27-2004 07:36 AM
Divx en kdvd kikacell4 Conversion et d'Encodage de Vidéo (Français) 8 07-23-2004 03:34 PM
KDVD Resolution for Divx? beany101uk Video Encoding and Conversion 12 08-04-2003 01:41 PM

Thread Tools



 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:43 PM  —  vBulletin © Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd