Quantcast Boulder, can you Explain Us this, Pls? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
  #1  
12-03-2004, 05:39 AM
rds_correia rds_correia is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chinese Democracy starts now!
Posts: 2,563
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Boulder,
I'm not quite sure why you did post such considerations at D9 such as these:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...0&pagenumber=2
Plus, you specifically posted things not only addressed to Jorel, but also to what we did or didn't do with him.
This should be private to this forum and more specifically to the Moderators panel.
Am I seeing things wrong?
Cheers
__________________
Rui
Reply With Quote
Someday, 12:01 PM
admin's Avatar
Site Staff / Ad Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 42
Thanks: ∞
Thanked 42 Times in 42 Posts
  #2  
12-03-2004, 05:57 AM
Boulder Boulder is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lahti, Finland
Posts: 1,652
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
To make sure people understand that jorel's not behaving normally - he can be a normal person if he wishes. He started fighting everyone here and now he's continuing it at D9, and as I posted later in that thread, it all started when I happened to post a sentence with the word 'suppose' in it.

However, if this is a big problem, Kwag can remove my mod status as well. He is probably torn between j and me at the time.

There is just one thing I refuse to cope with and that is constant paranoia.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
12-03-2004, 07:10 AM
rds_correia rds_correia is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chinese Democracy starts now!
Posts: 2,563
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Boulder,
I try not to mix things.
And now I ask you not to mix things, too .
It's not what you said about Jorel that worries me the most.
You all know that I am very fond of him and I assume you all agree with me that he has given a lot to the forum.
I know what your point is Boulder: it's not what he's given to the forum, but it's his latest "behaviour" here and elsewhere.
But again, that's not the point of what I was asking.
You ported private moderator forum information to an open area of D9 forum.
From my point of view, share as much information here and everywhere you want, as I do.
I think this forum still is a very open minded one to permit that.
Just play safe and don't post things taken from the Mods forum.
Otherwise I don't see much sense in blocking other users from kvcd.net from posting/reading here, don't you think so?
Of course I feel things could be solved with Jorel in some other way.
But that's up to those who had problems with him and himself to take care of.
As to your mod status: don't joke me.
You better know that this forum needs you too and I've always seen your performance as a Mod as one of the best here.
Cheers
__________________
Rui
Reply With Quote
  #4  
12-03-2004, 07:11 AM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds_correia
This should be private to this forum and more specifically to the Moderators panel.
I read only the last part of the thread (starting from the point you linked) and when I see someone writting :
Quote:
PLEASE TAKE URGENTLY SOME SANCTIONS OR EXPLAIN WHY AND FOR HOW LONG WE HAVE TO CONTINUE ASSISTING TO THIS SHOW. YOU HAVE ALREADY CLOSED ONE THREAD, AND I FEAR YOU MAY HAVE GOOD REASONS FOR CLOSING EVEN THIS ONE...
I consider that boulder just advise people there that they do not dream : what they read is real and already happened elsewhere.

I have nothing against Jorel but read the post of jdobbs (2 december 23:06) : he said exactly what I'd said to Jorel here. And look at the answer...

What can we (Boulder) do ? Look at the plea flow again and stay a witness ?

And I do mean my words : I have nothing against Jorel ! Telling to someone that he needs help is not beeing against him. I use to live with a person that had a urgent need of psychiatric care and I fight during years to make her admit it. This finished in a mid security medical center, for a (fortunaly) short period.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
12-03-2004, 07:17 AM
Boulder Boulder is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lahti, Finland
Posts: 1,652
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The thread's being cleaned at the moment, wmansir took the job. Most of the posts after jorel's initial one will be gone, he told me.

Us Nordic folk don't get angry easily but when we do, hell breaks loose. Last time we did it lasted for almost six years and cost some hundreds of thousands of lives (=WW2 vs. Soviet Union).

To be honest, I'm sick of jorel's attitude. I know he wouldn't normally write such stuff, but he just wants to go on even though I tried to be polite with him and let him know that past is past.

The man is seriously in need of some medical counselling because he will eventually hurt someone or himself. In fact, if I lived in Brazil, he would probably come knocking on my door some day.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
12-03-2004, 07:24 AM
Prodater64 Prodater64 is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Palma de Mallorca - España
Posts: 2,925
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
As I see, Boulder say one thing that anyone who came here a time ago, can imagine without need to access to a mod forum.
It can be a logic deduction.
Boulder intention was very good.
He don't say that this info was obtained in mod forum.
Then I am with Boulder.

By other side, Jorel (akai) are saying, for example in VMesquita forum that he claim Kwag to remove him from his mod status. I would like, but can't, say that it is not true, because this "yes" would be reveal sensible info, that Kwag is its owner.
See you the difference?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
12-03-2004, 07:31 AM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Being or not being a mod on any forum is not the problem. Don't focus on that, this is only a "side part".
Reply With Quote
  #8  
12-03-2004, 07:32 AM
Boulder Boulder is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lahti, Finland
Posts: 1,652
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My intention clearly was that people should know that he's not doing his thing for the first time. It's not even his first time at D9 but I think that many people don't remember that.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
12-03-2004, 07:36 AM
Prodater64 Prodater64 is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Palma de Mallorca - España
Posts: 2,925
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
Being or not being a mod on any forum is not the problem. Don't focus on that, this is only a "side part".
Firs post in this thead is just related, and no side part, of being mod in this forum, as rds ask why kvcd mod forum secrets was revealed in another forum.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
12-03-2004, 08:46 AM
rds_correia rds_correia is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chinese Democracy starts now!
Posts: 2,563
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodater64
... as rds ask why kvcd mod forum secrets was revealed in another forum.
I'm sorry guys but I keep my point.
It is my understanding that this Moderator's forum was created to be a closed information forum.
And it was clearly decided here (by Karl) that due to loads of problems here (between Jorel and other users/Mods), Jorel would be "downgraded" to a regular user, thus being unable to moderate or access the Mods forum, at least for some time.
That's a fact and that was only said in here (Mods forum) AFAIK.
This information was reproduced outside of this board!
From my point of view either we keep Mods forum information inside the Mods forum or we share it with everybody else.
I'd like to know everybody's opinion on this including Karl's, of course.
I have nothing against anybody here but I want to know the "rules of the game".
@Boulder
I hope you don't take it personally.
I'm just stressing the need to keep our conversation here as closed as it can be.
If everybody else think it's the other way around, then I'll withdraw.
But if that's the case I just don't know what we're doing here
Cheers
__________________
Rui
Reply With Quote
  #11  
12-03-2004, 09:06 AM
Boulder Boulder is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lahti, Finland
Posts: 1,652
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The point in writing that was to make sure people understood the severity of his behaviour. Sure, you can rant on the 'net all you like, but to get mod status removed because of constantly attacking and insulting other users, not to mention several mods, shows quite serious issues.

Let's just say that I played by jorel's rules. If you saw the original thread (that is gone now), you know what I mean by that.

What I also find quite weird is the fact that he never defended 2-pass in TMPGEnc. Based on the logic of his current actions (attacking me for believing that OPV is better but not declaring that as the absolute truth, only saying it's my point of view), he should have defended it as fiercely as he's been defending doing zillion passes in CCE.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
12-03-2004, 10:28 AM
rds_correia rds_correia is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chinese Democracy starts now!
Posts: 2,563
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Shall we justify our actions just by saying that others do the same or worst.
If you critisize Jorel for quoting things that you personally dislike, you should make sure you don't do the same right?
Again, just trying to proove a point of view.
Cheers
__________________
Rui
Reply With Quote
  #13  
12-03-2004, 10:35 AM
Boulder Boulder is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Lahti, Finland
Posts: 1,652
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Where did I criticize him for quoting stuff I dislike? Like I said, I wanted to play by his rules. If I had played by my rules, I wouldn't have been defending myself at all, I would have left him in silence on my behalf.

Sometimes I just don't like getting pooped on by a person who was clearly not stable when he wrote what he wrote.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
12-03-2004, 10:53 AM
rds_correia rds_correia is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chinese Democracy starts now!
Posts: 2,563
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
@Boulder,
Just a moment.
Sorry but "critisize" was the only word I could find ATM.
I'll rephrase.
Here's what you wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder
Let's just say that I played by jorel's rules. If you saw the original thread (that is gone now), you know what I mean by that.
Meaning you wrote freely stuff that Karl had only told us about in the Mods forum just because Jorge had quoted Karl's post at D9 too?
At least that's what I understood from your "enigmatic" sentence.
Can you clarify that pls?
Cheers
__________________
Rui
Reply With Quote
  #15  
12-03-2004, 11:45 AM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds_correia
That's a fact and that was only said in here (Mods forum) AFAIK.This information was reproduced outside of this board! From my point of view either we keep Mods forum information inside the Mods forum or we share it with everybody else.
Boulder only said that "Jorel's mod privileges were revoked on an other forum". Period. He never told where (that is Jorel that gave the first the name of kvcd.net and Karl) and how !
The way you interpreted this is different from the one that any D9 user did only because you know the whole story.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
12-03-2004, 01:52 PM
Prodater64 Prodater64 is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Palma de Mallorca - España
Posts: 2,925
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
Boulder only said that "Jorel's mod privileges were revoked on an other forum". Period. He never told where (that is Jorel that gave the first the name of kvcd.net and Karl) and how !
The way you interpreted this is different from the one that any D9 user did only because you know the whole story.
I am with Phil.

Also I as remember, at least in my particular case, nobody tell me that talked here is secret. This is, of course, a better place to discuss things like this same that we are discussing now, without interferences, and with administratives meaning. But it don't mean that talked here is a secret.
Doesn't somebody saw, a time ago that Phil told me "this was talked in mod forum..." a cup of times. Was in this way that I knew the "invisible" for me mod forum. In that oportunity, does some mod told to Phil why he talk to me about discussion in mod forum?
In my point of view jorel attitude and health state, and I say this very, very seriously, i'm physician and I can diagnostic jorel from this distance (anybody could do it, so is gravity of the disease), force us to advice and notice another people that he should be watched, warned and banned if necessary.

@rds: Relax, here there is not "internal affairs".
Reply With Quote
  #17  
12-03-2004, 04:20 PM
rds_correia rds_correia is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chinese Democracy starts now!
Posts: 2,563
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
Boulder only said that "Jorel's mod privileges were revoked on an other forum". Period.
Phil, I am not going to question that for 2 reasons:
1-Because the main D9 thread was reshaped and MANY posts were erased.
I unlike Jorel don't keep copies of threads, so I have no way to confirm that, but I'll take your word for it.
2-Because when you put a period mark and then you write "Period", you're obviously putting an end to the argumentation here and I am not going to be rude and bring the subject back on.
Unless someone else has something more to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodater64
and I say this very, very seriously, i'm physician and I can diagnostic jorel from this distance.
Luis,
That's a different story, and I'm quite sure you wouldn't want to find yourself in the middle of it .
I am not a physician but I have talked with Jorel for hours for several occasions.
I personally guarantee you that he didn't seem to have any mental/physical problem at all.
I don't back up his approach while he arguing with others here.
I try as much as I can not to be (or not to seem) rude, and I admit he lost his head for more than one occasion but I also have to admit that he was damn right on several other occasions
Take the PTG forum, for instance.
He was surrounded by lot's of people (some were even pointed for Mods by himself) that were basically destroying the reputation of this whole forum.
Nowadays we can see those same people at VM.com and we can see how arrogant they show themselves.
I was registered there for a couple of days but I had to unregister myself otherwise I could have lost my temper too.
I can pick some threads and post them here (translated if necessary) if you want, so that you can see for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodater64
(so is gravity of the disease), force us to advice and notice another people that he should be watched, warned and banned if necessary.
Again don't be so sure about the "disease" issue.
I've said it more than once: we didn't support him when he most needed our help.
He was left alone with a bunch of - I don't even have English vocabulary to describe some users/mods at VM.com.
He fought hard to try and straighten things out.
He opened threads asking for help here and instead of reading and trying to understand things we kept drawing opinions about things we were not absolutely sure about.
That can drive a man insane for some moments.
A man can do some very serious shit (sorry Mercy ) in those moments.
And sometimes a man can be as stuburn that he won't go back and apologise until the other guy does the same.
Could this be what really happened?
I am very convinced it was.
@all
Say what you want about it but don't ask me for more comments on this please.
I am angry with myself because I was among those that didn't act sooner and I do feel a bit guilty about it.
I had the knowledge - I speak both Portuguese and English - I could have presented you a more clear/adequate picture of what was happening.
And I didn't and I feel very sorry because I could have prevented further problems...
Even now I am quite sure that many here didn't fully noticed what really happened at the PTG forum.
Cheers
__________________
Rui
Reply With Quote
  #18  
12-03-2004, 05:47 PM
Prodater64 Prodater64 is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Palma de Mallorca - España
Posts: 2,925
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds_correia
Luis,
I am not a physician but I have talked with Jorel for hours for several occasions.
I personally guarantee you that he didn't seem to have any mental/physical problem at all.
You say it, "He didn't seem". Many mental diseases "didn't seem".
I don't want confuse you. I feel jorel as a friend, I see him bad, actualy sick.

Quote:
I can pick some threads and post them here (translated if necessary) if you want, so that you can see for yourself.
There is not necessary, I am a mod also in VM forum.
jorel (akai in VM forum) try being relaxed, but he can't.
Mod's there are searching best way to deal with jorel. I sure you it is so hard.

Quote:
I've said it more than once: we didn't support him when he most needed our help.
I didn't agree with jorel methods. Do you read thread "Fundamental Freedoms" in PT forum?
jorel was a tyran (déspota).

Quote:
That can drive a man insane for some moments.
A Mod should first inmerse his head in cold water, ant then to proceed.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
12-03-2004, 05:59 PM
Dialhot Dialhot is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,463
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rds_correia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
Boulder only said that "Jorel's mod privileges were revoked on an other forum". Period.
2-Because when you put a period mark and then you write "Period", you're obviously putting an end to the argumentation here and I am not going to be rude and bring the subject back on.
Unless someone else has something more to say.
"Period" was a way to say that Boulder did not tell more than this, not that I wanted to closed the discussion . But I think this is over now.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
12-03-2004, 06:06 PM
rds_correia rds_correia is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Chinese Democracy starts now!
Posts: 2,563
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
"Period" was a way to say that Boulder did not tell more than this, not that I wanted to closed the discussion Smile. But I think this is over now.
Duly noted
__________________
Rui
Reply With Quote
Reply




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KDVD: Explain Overscan supermule Video Encoding and Conversion 5 12-23-2006 03:42 PM
KVCD: Someone explain these settings in DVD2AVI? Adder Video Encoding and Conversion 2 02-27-2003 09:51 AM

Thread Tools



 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 PM  —  vBulletin © Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd