digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]

digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives] (http://www.digitalfaq.com/archives/)
-   Off-topic Lounge (http://www.digitalfaq.com/archives/lounge/)
-   -   Something to clear up confusion and misleadings. (http://www.digitalfaq.com/archives/lounge/13784-clear-confusion-misleadings.html)

kwag 09-06-2005 01:48 AM

Something to clear up confusion and misleadings.
 
I just got tired of some creeps at other forums bitching and whyning about KVCD.Net, so I posted this: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...071#post708071

If post gets deleted, I'll repost here.

-kwag

Zyphon 09-06-2005 02:36 AM

Hi Karl,

I have just posted a reply to your post in defense of your decision to what you have said.

If they delete my post also I will post here what I said.

I thought you post was well put and I don't see why it should be deleted unless 'free speech' is not allowed over @ D9, imho you said nothing that was in any way defamatory to anyone or against the D9 site itself.

You were simply defending yourself against a post which criticised your decision to go pay site which imo you are perfectly entitled to do.

Check out my post >>here<<

kwag 09-06-2005 02:43 AM

Hi Michael,

Thanks, I saw your post :)
It just so happens that I keep reading messages from this dragongotz character, I guess he's an anti-KVCD "puppet of the net" :lol:, and people start asking questions and ideas start to revolve in their minds as to why we went pay model, etc.
I hope after showing the truth of what I normally do with some of the money that comes in to KVCD.Net, which is support several open source projects (I've been doing that probably since dragongotz was in a crib :rotf:), this will be very clear that the intention was to create a higher quality site, and as I said on that post, to keep the rats out :lol:

-kwag

Zyphon 09-15-2005 01:08 PM

Hi Karl,

I read your post on D9 and completely agreed with it. I just don't understand why sites like VideoHelp and D9 constantly bitch and put down your matrix and are so anti KVCD.

Like I said it is probably jealousy that they never thought of the idea first or maybe that you don't conform to their respective sites and roll over onto your belly like a good boy. It seems to me if you dont agree with every opinion they have then you are inferior or your product is inferior which is a real shame.

Like I said I have tried many matrices and I still with the first custom matrix that I came across which is KVCD. I have excellent results with this matrix of yours and it for me beats the competition.

Like they say 'if it aint broke, don't fix it.'

I hate the way they think the sun shines out of certain peoples backsides on these sites.

I personally love it here now that we have seemed to have got rid of the rats and they ill-gotten AVI movies that were polluting this site, now we just have mutual friends all with a common goal in helping each other with backing up our legally owned DVDs and AVI Captures.

It is great that the money you get for the site goes to so many open source projects as donations as this is vital to us in this community to give these programmers the needed funds to keep their interests alive and it benefits communities like ours.

Keep up the great work Karl, you are doing a great job. :D

kwag 09-15-2005 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zyphon
Hi Karl,

I read your post on D9 and completely agreed with it. I just don't understand why sites like VideoHelp and D9 constantly bitch and put down your matrix and are so anti KVCD.

Hi Michael,

Probably because they all there want "spoon fed" easy "standard" software, and I, being a hacker (not a cracker, make no mistake! :lol: ), always want to push the limits :D
Most of them don't like that, and as we all know, it takes time to master advanced video techniques, but it pays off ;)
Quote:


Like I said I have tried many matrices and I still with the first custom matrix that I came across which is KVCD. I have excellent results with this matrix of yours and it for me beats the competition.
Well, it's a general purpose matrix, so it fits most needs. I really don't use anything else, as it has served me well, even with all my KDVDs :cool:
Quote:


Like they say 'if it aint broke, don't fix it.'
Yep :)
Quote:


I hate the way they think the sun shines out of certain peoples backsides on these sites.
:lol: :lol:
Quote:


I personally love it here now that we have seemed to have got rid of the rats and they ill-gotten AVI movies that were polluting this site, now we just have mutual friends all with a common goal in helping each other with backing up our legally owned DVDs and AVI Captures.
Very true :!:
Quote:


It is great that the money you get for the site goes to so many open source projects as donations as this is vital to us in this community to give these programmers the needed funds to keep their interests alive and it benefits communities like ours.

Keep up the great work Karl, you are doing a great job. :D
Thanks :!: :D
As a matter of fact, last night I sent another donation via PayPal to a project I'm very interested in: http://www.cuwireless.net/ ( http://sourceforge.net/project/proje...group_id=89823 )
It's related to WIFI wireless mesh, and it's very cool :cool:

-kwag

black prince 09-16-2005 06:25 AM

@Kwag,

Kwag wrote:
Quote:

As a matter of fact, last night I sent another donation via PayPal to a project I'm very interested in: http://www.cuwireless.net/ ( http://sourceforge.net/project/proje...group_id=89823 )
It's related to WIFI wireless mesh, and it's very cool Cool
Nice idea :idea: WIFI wireless Mesh for public response emergencies :wink:
I hope every community adopts a system.

-BP

Zyphon 09-19-2005 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwag
As a matter of fact, last night I sent another donation via PayPal to a project I'm very interested in: http://www.cuwireless.net/ ( http://sourceforge.net/project/proje...group_id=89823 )
It's related to WIFI wireless mesh, and it's very cool :cool:

-kwag

That is good news Karl, it is great that you donate to so many good projects and help keep that alive. :D

Also you are right they are spoon fed. ;) :lol:

kwag 09-19-2005 05:34 PM

Quote:


I read the post entitled "KVCD: Is it really worth it?" and got 3 or 4 replies down before I got to annoyed to read any further, they are obviously slaves the the limited standards and wont budge on it and I doubt they have ever made a KDVD as then they would know the truth. :roll:
And they still believe KDVD is not DVD compliant, and they keep telling that to everyone there :roll:
Oh well, it's their loss ;)
Quote:


Quote:

Originally Posted by kwag
As a matter of fact, last night I sent another donation via PayPal to a project I'm very interested in: http://www.cuwireless.net/ ( http://sourceforge.net/project/proje...group_id=89823 )
It's related to WIFI wireless mesh, and it's very cool :cool:

-kwag

That is good news Karl, it is great that you donate to so many good projects and help keep that alive. :D
I really like that project, specially because they based it on NetBSD, which is one of my favorite OS's :)
Quote:


Also you are right they are spoon fed. ;) :lol:
Indeed they are :lol:

-kwag

Zyphon 09-20-2005 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kwag
And they still believe KDVD is not DVD compliant, and they keep telling that to everyone there :roll:
Oh well, it's their loss ;)

Yes this is what annoyed me the most. They obviously haven't done their homework and/or don't want to know the truth which is what I suspect.

I have many SAPs indoors and all of them play KDVDs and it is compiant within the specs, they are just misleading the poor noobs who don't know any better. :(

kwag 10-04-2005 07:08 PM

It just never ends :rotf:

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=281026

And look here :!:
http://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=280519

-kwag

Shibblet 10-31-2005 04:24 PM

Standards are too limiting. People should be willing to accept that there ARE other ways of doing things. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses.

If you are too closed minded, then you'll never find a solution that works for you.

Next thing you know, we wouldn't have invented the wheel because we didn't know what color to paint it! (obscure reference)

rds_correia 11-01-2005 05:59 AM

It's in these occasions that I'd like to know where Baldrick is...
If his users/mods can't handle the conversation, then he should come forward.
Fair to say that I reeeally over-estimated him...
Cheers guys

Dialhot 11-02-2005 05:55 AM

One more thing : since the board is paying, people continuously tell that they won't pay for that and so KVCD will remind a sh... in their mind.

Please, when you see that, do reply that this the is access to the FORUM that is paying. The home page of kvcd.net is free and have ALL what is necessary to do a KVCD/KDVD (specs, guides and templates : they are all accessible for FREE).

Accessing to the forum is not necessary if you are smart enough. And if you are not, and want to ask question, then you can use other forum than the KVCD one. People for there are on a bunch of other video forum too, and they will be happy to answer.

digitall.doc 11-02-2005 06:59 AM

Very, very good point here, Phil


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:43 PM  —  vBulletin Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd

Site design, images and content © 2002-2019 The Digital FAQ, www.digitalFAQ.com
Forum Software by vBulletin · Copyright © 2019 Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.