Quantcast How to Properly Burn KSVCD Using Nero or VCDEasy ? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
06-14-2004, 03:54 AM
Free Member

i made a KSVCD that is 2 hours 1 minute long, 480x480 NTSC FILM

if i try to use vcdeasy 2.0.2 to make an SVCD image it says that the video is too long and that its clipping it to 100 minutes.

i know thats the length for a svcd and that ksvcd give incorrect times on a dvd player so does it actually clip the movie or can i just ignore that?

also, in nero for KSVCD am i just supposed to burn it as SVCD and uncheck the standard svcd box?

i see a lot of people saying that for vcd but nothing about svcd and i want to make sure its the same before i burn this.

normally i wouldnt care so much but i only have 3 cds left
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

06-14-2004, 04:01 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shin-x
if i try to use vcdeasy 2.0.2 to make an SVCD image it says that the video is too long and that its clipping it to 100 minutes
Don't worry : it just clip the length declared in the header of the svcd, but not the movie itself ! Very few standalones use really these information and you will see all your movie with no problem.

Quote:
i know thats the length for a svcd and that ksvcd give incorrect times on a dvd player so does it actually clip the movie or can i just ignore that?
Just test it on your standalone. THis should work in 99% of the time.
If you are in the 1% that don't have luck, just ask.

Quote:
also, in nero for KSVCD am i just supposed to burn it as SVCD and uncheck the standard svcd box?
Yes it is.

Quote:
i see a lot of people saying that for vcd but nothing about svcd and i want to make sure its the same before i burn this.
Do you know about CD-RW ?
06-14-2004, 04:06 AM
Free Member

thanks a lot dialhot

yes of course i know about cd-rw

just i have a lot of stuff i want to burn, only 3 cds left, and no money for a few days to buy any, so i just dont want to screw anything up and waste any, so i thought id make sure.

im also impatient and want to do it now, and dont like screwing anything up