Quantcast DVD Will Not Play in my PC Drive and my Standalone - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
07-30-2004, 07:28 AM
Free Member

The last couple of KDVD's I have made I can't get to play in my pc drive and my standalone, I am getting...wrong disk... on my dvd screen. Has anyone else ran across this problem... any and all help greatly appreciated.....I am using tmpgenc and tmpg dvd author......
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

07-30-2004, 07:50 AM
Free Member

What did you change in your process ?
(and don't tell "nothing", that is not a valid answer )
07-30-2004, 08:43 AM
Free Member

I have retraced my steps and the only thing that I'm not sure of is the is the firstplay action drop down menu option in tmpg dvd author... which is Display main menu, Play all tracks, and play only first track ....... I can't see where this would screw up the playback of the dvd...... I have had no problems with this media that I use....... Is it possible that something in my video_ts folder might have got corrupted ????? Is there a program available that can be used to check the video_ts folder files to make sure they are valid ?????? Any and all help greatly appreciated
07-30-2004, 08:50 AM
Free Member

As the VIDEO_TS is supposed to be erased each time a new DVD is compiled, even if it was corrupted, this should arrive only on one DVD, not "the last couple" of disc you did.

BTW you can verify that before to burn by reading the content with winDVD or PowerDVD (or any tool you use to read DVD on your PC, they generally all allow to play something from a directory on the HD).

In few words : same DVD brand, same burner, same speed ?
07-31-2004, 02:34 PM
Free Member

Thanks for trying to help Dialhot, I deleted the video_ts folder and started over re-authoring my files and this time I burnt the video_ts folder with Nero instead of the tmpg dvd author burn program and everything worked fine this time so I'm still not exactly sure what happened..........same media, same burner and same speed........