Quantcast Making a Play All Menu Authoring DVDs? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
08-06-2004, 08:06 PM
Free Member

Hi guys,

I was on MediaChance's forum (Makers of DVD-Lab for those who don't know ) and I found a post with a tool called PgcEdit and wondered if anyone has used it.

It is suppose to complement IFOEdit and I wanted to make a Play ALL menu for some extras I made for my KDVD backup in DVD-Lab Pro.

>Here< is the link to it's site.

I might give it a try as I found MC guide on making a Play All menu a bit confusing.

I've also noticed in the latest Pro betas that on the 'Connections' tab it has brances and command edit I wondered if you could make a Play All feature with the new betas I will have to look into it.

Michael.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

08-07-2004, 05:00 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyphon
It is suppose to complement IFOEdit and I wanted to make a Play ALL menu for some extras I made for my KDVD backup in DVD-Lab Pro.
I really don't see the need of a "play all" button and never had this need so, no, I never tried PGCEdit myself.

Quote:
I've also noticed in the latest Pro betas that on the 'Connections' tab it has brances and command edit I wondered if you could make a Play All feature with the new betas I will have to look into it.
As beta 6 is not even abble to compile a DVD you will have difficulties to test the feature...
08-07-2004, 05:07 AM
Free Member

Hi Phil and thanks for the reply.

I have the latest beta 7 but have not installed it yet do you know if this version is o.k?

The reason I wanted a Play All feature is that I put Ice Age and Monster's Inc on one DVD and the kids wanted all the extra features also.

I was just experimenting and try to add a Play All feature also.

Michael.
08-07-2004, 07:06 AM
Free Member

Quote:
The reason I wanted a Play All feature is that I put Ice Age and Monster's Inc on one DVD and the kids wanted all the extra features also.
I lost 2 hours to test Beta4 that never went untill the end of the compile. I trashed it.
I gave a chance to beta6, did a very small project (2 movie, one menu, nothign more) and it never START the compile ! I press the button, it took 30 second before to comply and 30 second after I had a "Done !" message Trashed !

Question: do you think I will spend more time on testing betas from this product ?
08-07-2004, 10:36 AM
Free Member

Point taken Phil.

Im currently using Beta 4 and this seems to compile O.K and I have had no probs with it.

After hearing what you have to say about beta 6 im a bit worried about updating to beta 7.

Thanks for the info Phil.

Michael.
08-07-2004, 11:46 AM
Free Member

Quote:
After hearing what you have to say about beta 6 im a bit worried about updating to beta 7.
Betas does not install silly things in other directory than the one you give for the installation.
Soi you can use an other directory than the one where you have Beta4 and it won't pollute this one.
08-07-2004, 02:58 PM
Free Member

Silly me I should have thought of that. :P

Thanks Phil for pointing me to a sensible solution.

Michael.
08-08-2004, 04:50 PM
Free Member

Hi Phil,

Just to let you know that this tool PgcEdit for me is the business.

I used the guide on DVD-Lab's site >HERE< as a basis to work on.

It suggested using IFOEdit but I found this tool to be to complex to get to grips with. Using PgcEdit made making a PlayALL menu a very simple task indeed this tool is awesome.

It even highlights the links for you to make sure you have done it right and shows up red if it's wrong.

I highly recommend this program and will definately be using it again.

Just thought id let you guys know.

Michael.
08-09-2004, 02:11 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Hi Phil,
I really don't understand why you are adressing to me as I told you that I NEVER NEEDED A PLAY ALL BUTTON

But perhaps that now you can explain to all WHY you need that so much ?
08-09-2004, 04:10 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
I really don't understand why you are adressing to me as I told you that I NEVER NEEDED A PLAY ALL BUTTON
I addressed it to you Phil as you were the only person who replied to this thread and I wanted to let you know that I was sucessful in my task and that I was happy with the above tool I found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
But perhaps that now you can explain to all WHY you need that so much ?
I was doing Shrek1 and Monster's Inc onto 1 DVD for my kids and they issisted they wanted to keep the extras as they like watching those as well.

So I guess I wanted to be a bit more adventurous and make a Play All button so that on the extras Menu I created for each movie they could Play all the extra clips with just one button and not have to press all links to watch the extras individually.

So that was my reason.

Michael.
08-09-2004, 04:15 AM
Free Member

Quote:
So I guess I wanted to be a bit more adventurous and make a Play All button so that on the extras Menu I created for each movie they could Play all the extra clips with just one button and not have to press all links to watch the extras individually.
How did you ripp the DVD ? With DVDShrink ? Else how did you keep the links and menus ?
08-09-2004, 05:07 AM
Free Member

used DVD Decryter to rip the main movies.

I suppose I could have used that also to rip the extras using IFO mode to extract the necessary streams but it was easier to use DVDShrink to rip the extras as it tells you excactly which streams are what.

Once I had all of these I used DIKO to process the movies and all the extras I needed.

Once DIKO completed its task I authored these movies into DVD-Lab Pro beta4 made my own menus and so on.

Then In the extras menu I made I made a Play All button linked to a dummy menu (As in the guide in the link above) Then it was a simple task of using PgcEdit to edit the dummy menus command table and redirect the menu to the first of the extras movie.

Then in turn I edited the command tables of these movies to link to the next movie if the Play All button was pressed.

The whole thing worked a treat and not only was I very pleased with myself my kids were over the moon too.

Michael.