Quantcast Up/Downmixing with Avisynth + Ac3filter? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
08-20-2004, 04:55 AM
Free Member

Hi,

First off, i didn't know where to post this exactly, as it involves avisynth, vdub, and audio conversion.

I read that you can convert 2 channel audio to 5.1, or dpl2, whatever, just using avisynth and acfilter.

Create a script with:

Code:
directshowsource("C:\path to audio.ac3/wav/mp3")
Setup AC3filter to output what you like, for example 3/2+SW 5.1. Then open the .avs in vdub and process the audio.

Has anyone had experience with this?

I assume this generates a kind of "virtual" surround effect?

This way you can also downmix 5.1 to 2.0 audio. Would this be any better than downmixing with Besweet?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

08-20-2004, 07:01 AM
Free Member

Send a message via ICQ to incredible
Most movie 2 Channel Audiotracks do contain a surroundmatrix if not encoded in jointstereo which do "could" harm the matrix/structure in the audio.

So leave 2ch as 2ch, thats my personal opinion.

In case of downmixing a 5.1 to 2.0 AC3 you should do that separate in Besweet or Headac3he by demuxing the AC3 out of the avi before or if its an already demuxed AC3 out of the DVD2AVI process, just go into besweet directly