Quantcast Authoring: Two Audio Tracks with DVD-lab Pro - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
08-23-2004, 11:52 AM
Free Member

hey phil,

I know you're doing that all the time, so I'd like to know where I'm doing something wrong. I use DVDLab PRO to author a DVD with 2 movies and 2 audio tracks each.
I just pull the second audio track in the apropriate box (AUDIO 2) and author. However on my remote I cannot change the audio to the alternative audio track.
Just 1 Audio.

btw: one is AC3 5.1, the other one is MP2 Stereo @224kb
shouldn't be a problem right?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

08-23-2004, 07:47 PM
Free Member

As I understand from http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/Help/french/index.htm
(english link doesn't work)
When you have 2 differents audio types you must give to DVDLab mpeg file multiplexed (you can multiplex an ac3 and a mp2 file with bbmpeg I think) and to choice "Normal Demux before compile" option.
In other case you can "lose" your audio.
It seems if both audio tracks are same type, not problem.
08-24-2004, 07:30 AM
Free Member

ok, thanks for this info...

how about a 5.1 AC3 track and a 2.0 AC3 track? would that be considered as 2 different kinds of audio? i really don't like this muxing workaround with BBMPEG...
08-24-2004, 08:15 AM
Free Member

I don't know it Jelly, I don't have still DVD burner and I have not experience, but I would test it, doing DVD structure and once vob was produced, I would rip it with dvd2avi and select demux all tracks, but I don't know really if this will work. Is there any other wat to check it?
08-24-2004, 08:22 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

my "hard way" Jell, maybe can be used to use several audio tracks in your authoring job:
http://www.kvcd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9332

you can put 8 audio tracks for each movie( ac3-5.1 with ac3-2 channels with mp2.....your choice. )
08-24-2004, 08:49 AM
Free Member

Well thanks jorel, I apreciate it...
however, i cannot believe that it is not possible for me to author a DVD with 2 audio tracks with DVDLab PRO.
Just tried it again using 2 AC3 5.1 tracks. No difference. Burned it, but the player cannot switch to the second stream!
What's wrong there? I know Phil uses DVDLab PRO for multiple audio tracks per movie, I might just PM him! thanks anyway!
08-24-2004, 11:48 PM
Free Member

Hi Jelly

I'm using DVD-lab too, but haven't done any movies with two audio tracks, however have you tried to searc the dvd-lab Pro forum?
http://www.mmbforums.com/modules.php...viewforum&f=24

It seems to be a bug in some of the older versions of DLP, the latest is Beta Ten... , and they haven't released a final yet.

Some testers at the forum had same problem and one of them used Ifoedit to set the correct settings for the audio tracks.

Good luck

-Anerboda
08-25-2004, 03:36 AM
Free Member

I give a chance to the last Beta (10) of dvdlab-pro because I had to do a disc with 5 movie, 2 audio tracks and 1 subtitle for each. Everything went okay !

Note: all track were MP2.
08-26-2004, 07:17 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

Jell,
from dvdlab page:
"I can hear the audio on DVD in a software DVD player (ex. PowerDVD) but not in my standalone DVD player. What is the problem?"
"It is most likely problem with audio setting in your standalone and using mpeg audio. MPEG audio is not a standard in NTSC but all DVD players now support it. However some DVD players expect to play AC3 or PCM audio as default and for mpeg audio you have to set them to analog or 2 channel mode. Some players can do this automatically without any user interaction.
Insert the disc to your standalone player, start playing it and then press Setup on remote. You will get to menu screen and then navigate to Audio section. Try various output sections. For example on Toshiba players you have Bitstream (default), Analog2Ch and PCM. The Mpeg audio play only through Analog2CH on this DVD player.
Again this depends on the player. Most player can play MPEG audio through default settings, but for some of them as the above you have to change the output."

take a look, more details about audio in dvdlab: http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/dvdlabfaq.html
08-26-2004, 08:32 AM
Free Member

Send a message via ICQ to incredible
Well I would change very fast to DVDlabPro but ...

(I dont know if still that is present) ... you can only do a single VTS based DVD structure. Multiple VTS Struktures (like each title gets its own VTS) do allow diff. types of audioformat for each every VTS.

But as (AFAIK) DVDlab only supports a single VTS structure in easy workout you have to stuck at a single audiofromat (like AC3 generally) and also single AR like 16:9.

For multi VTS architecture you have to do this workout in DVDlabPro (sems to be a joke!):
http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/tu.../multivts.html

08-26-2004, 08:53 AM
Free Member

Send a message via MSN to andybno1 Send a message via Yahoo to andybno1
I've never used dvdlab pro but I have used dvdmaestro to do kdvds of extended lotr 1 & 2 which had two audio tracks. its fairly straight forward, copy m2v and 2 ac3 files into media assets box then drag an drop and click the author button easy as pie.
08-26-2004, 08:57 AM
Free Member

Yep Meastro IS sexy related to no-problem multiple VTS DVD authoring.

BUT ... it (was) hell expensive and its no longer sold - the rights are now at Apple Computer as they did use meastro developings/routines for their DVDstudio PRO.

DVDlab gots its plus in a VERY nice menue generating. Maestro is more spartanic structured but got its skills in the deep

A nice combi is let Mediachance's MenuAuthor doing the menue Job and Maestro does the rest (a personal hint adressed to you ).
08-26-2004, 09:29 AM
Free Member

well I was lucky to get a copy of the last version made (god bless competitions hehehe) and I dont claim to know much about dvds and structuring, and lookin at maestro I'm still a little but I found authoring a doddle after a couple of attempts to figure out how to import media into meastro and also eventually got round figuring out importing chapters an subtitles. Past all that I'm clueless most I can do after that is set first play and put the beginning of the movie as the title menu button command lol.

I've been wanting to create a menu for me lotr kdvds I done would prefer to keep original dvd menus but haven't the foggiest how to do that.
08-26-2004, 09:37 AM
Free Member

That does no take its way out of topic, so do start a ew thread related to keep orig menues and youll get an answer.
08-26-2004, 09:44 AM
Free Member

sorry wasn't taking things off topic I was just commenting :P hehehe
08-26-2004, 09:53 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by incredible
For multi VTS architecture you have to do this workout in DVDlabPro (sems to be a joke!):
http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/tu.../multivts.html
That is PAST !

New release (that was supposed to be launched mid-july but is in fact still at beta level) does multi audio / multi subtitles / multi VTS !

The disc I did (5 episodes - 2 audio - 1 subtitle in each) is a 5 VTS disc !
08-26-2004, 10:45 AM
Free Member

Yes like Phil has said the the new DVD-Lab Pro does do Multi-VTS I have used it to make movies with different audio streams one AC3 the other MP2 and it worked well for me.

Michael.