Quantcast Avisynth: Has Anyone Tried the New Mvtools? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
10-19-2004, 10:24 AM
Free Member

I've been doing some testing with and without Dust. So far, MVTools is much faster than Dust and does quite a good job. Secondly, when used with Dust, even very noisy sources can be cleaned. Thirdly, MVTools can be used more than once in a script. Finally, the source is available so anyone can make pretty advanced filters.

Also, I should mention there is a motion blur filter that can do partial in-frame motion blurring. (same compression with better quality?)

I've been testing various sources but here is the script that I used on the Avisynth filter contest:

Quote:
LanczosResize(original,480,480)
DeGrainMedian(limitY=5,limitUV=10,mode=0)

source=converttoYV12()
backward_vectors = source.MVAnalyse(isb = true, lambda = 2000)
forward_vectors = source.MVAnalyse(isb = false, lambda = 2000)
source.MVDenoise(backward_vectors, forward_vectors, tht = 10, sadt = 300)
I spent very little time on the script but the results appear to be better than any of the scipts submitted in the contest. So, for those of you with very noisy captures, you now have some real options!

Edit: Here is the link to the tools: http://jourdan.madism.org/~manao/MVTools-v0.9.5.3.zip

Here is a link to the Doom9 thread: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=82015
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

10-19-2004, 11:09 AM
Free Member

Hi MrTibs,

What's the link to the tools

-kwag
10-19-2004, 11:25 AM
Free Member

Send a message via ICQ to incredible
Isnt that "MVdeinoise" acting like DCTfilter? I dont remeber now, but these MVtools are on my list since many weeks

They DO have a great potential as many things can be done as I remember (FPS Conversion also ?!)

10-19-2004, 11:47 AM
Free Member

The dirty explanation is that the motion vector component was ripped out of Xvid and used in this set of tools. Once motion vector frames could be generated, the rest was "easy". Because of this, MVDenoise is operating much more like Dust than DCTFilter. So far, there has been comments that it makes more mistakes than Dust but when dealing with very noisy sources, I think its benefits are far greater than its drawbacks.
10-19-2004, 12:05 PM
Free Member

Here is a second set of tools for motion compensation. It used to depend on Vdub’s Deshaker filter but has now been expanded to include its own motion vector engine. I’ve tested this filter a bit with temporal denoisers and fount it can do some impressive things. Like MVTools, this plugin has multiple filters but unlike Mvtools, Depan calculates the “total” frame movement (i.e. panning) not individual blocks. Because of the way it works, this filter can be used with existing temporal filters and produce impressive results. This filter may be the best tool to smooth out panning motion or to convert a true video 29.97fps source to 24 fps.

Here’s the link: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...ighlight=depan