Quantcast Vinicius is Back, as User. - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
11-03-2004, 09:33 PM
Free Member

He's back as a regular users, and we agreed to leave everything behind.
He won't be a mod, because he has his own site to mod.
But he is free to answer DIKO questions, and if anyone asks about DIKO, it's fine to point them to his site.
I do however want to try to keep DIKO/DivX combination questions out of the game, because you all know what will happen if threads start to develop here again, about converting XYX downloaded DivX movie with DIKO.

-Karl
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

11-03-2004, 09:36 PM
Free Member

ok.
11-04-2004, 12:30 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwag
He's back as a regular users, and we agreed to leave everything behind.
That's a great news!

Quote:
But he is free to answer DIKO questions, and if anyone asks about DIKO, it's fine to point them to his site.
ok. But for 'spanish' people who don't speak neither portugues nor english, we also point them to his site (just to know, as I don't think there is a lot...).

Quote:
I do however want to try to keep DIKO/DivX combination questions out of the game, because you all know what will happen if threads start to develop here again, about converting XYX downloaded DivX movie with DIKO.
I think the problem is more from the divx part (do you know people capturing in Divx?!) than from the Diko one, but I could be wrong.
But that's true that most 'divx/diko' user just came here to know how to convert this 'bad 12fps screener' to KDVD o KVCD...

Salu2
Fabrice
11-04-2004, 12:36 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabrice
Quote:
ok. But for 'spanish' people who don't speak neither portugues nor english, we also point them to his site (just to know, as I don't think there is a lot...).
Yes I agree.
Quote:

Quote:
I think the problem is more from the divx part (do you know people capturing in Divx?!) than from the Diko one, but I could be wrong.
You're not wrong
About 90% of DIKO users are people downloading DivX and converting.
I have yet to see any (advanced) user using DivX for captures
Quote:
But that's true that most 'divx/diko' user just came here to know how to convert this 'bad 12fps screener' to KDVD o KVCD...

Salu2
Fabrice
And that was one BIG issue, because it cause the "KVCD" image to fall, and spread as lower quality than DivX.
Hopefully, as time goes on, this bad image will fade away, and we'll be back on track.
That's one reason I'm pushing myself on the KVCD encoder issue.
I wish I had more time, but I must balance my home time, work time and play time to encode.
I wish the day had 30 hours

-Karl
11-04-2004, 12:42 AM
Free Member

Quote:
And women only know 24 hours! (just to have 6 'free' hours! )

, Mercy can read this, no ?!
11-04-2004, 12:43 AM
Free Member

Quote:

, Mercy can read this, no ?!
Sure
11-04-2004, 01:10 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Me too!
(... I'm feeling a little "dejavu" ... don't you Karl? )

Anyway, I'm happy things end up fine with Vinicius!
11-04-2004, 04:09 AM
Free Member

Quote:
do you know people capturing in Divx?!)
I do (know). And these people are the perfect noobs that use also Diko. Why ? Because a lot a capturing tools now give you the opportunity to do that directly in (awfull 1pass CBR) Divx. And noobs always choose this because "'other choices takes a lot a GB on my disc".
11-04-2004, 05:11 AM
Free Member

Hi guys
I must say that I am delighted that issues with Vinicius are in the past .
As a matter of fact I would never forgive myself (even I was wasn't guilty for that) if he would permanently break up with us.
Even I must say that we changed PMs, here and at VM.com, where I told him just that.
Let's see if he can manage things so that they don't colide with his or with our interests. That won't be as easy to do as it may seem at 1st sight.
As to Spanish DIKO support, I guess we could ask him if he also want's to open up a new part of his forum specifically to Spanish users.
Just my €0.02.
Cheers guys.
11-04-2004, 05:52 AM
Free Member

Send a message via ICQ to incredible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
Because a lot a capturing tools now give you the opportunity to do that directly in (awfull 1pass CBR) Divx. And noobs always choose this because "'other choices takes a lot a GB on my disc".
Thats totally correct.
And also Divx/Xvid is just the codec, ... but as DIKO is globally seen as an AVItoKDVD tool, its by that also an excellent tool to bring your mjpeg or HuffYUV! captured avis to DVD ... and these ones are far away to be known as a sharing capable codec

Also .... as Phil said, many users do choose an mpeg4 codec for capturing as it results in less file size. BUT if xvid is set right and a fixed quantizer!! is used like 2 at VBR with NO "B" Frames and a HQ Matrix used (the reulting streaming goes up to 14.000kbits) then the details and quality are amazing. Better than a mpeg2 capture out of a PVR.

But!! the only Problem is that 4:2:0 color issue from mpeg4 or mpeg2 generally. Thats why I personally do stuck at HuffYUV or mjpeg.

And also ... AVI captures incl. uncompressed PCM wav are more comfortable to handle, means directly to open via avisource().

Theres only one Problem in DIKO according to resizings. DIKO assumes PAR 1:1 inputs ... as thats used in mpeg4's. But when capturing, very often a TV related PAR is choosen, so full digital PAL TV wont be captured at 768x576 (PAR1:1) but at 704x576 (PAR 128:117)... see the point?
Many many NTSC users do directly capture in 640x480 as thats PAR 1:1 so going with an NTSC capture of 640x480 into DIKO will be no Problem. But a Problem would be a PAL regulary used non-PAR 1:1 capture.

So THATS why I told Vinicius already some time ago, that when I have the time I'll port my mencalc code to a commandline .exe or even better a .dll ... incl. all parsing routines and the calculations which will be provided as values back to DIKOs c++ core or to a .txt file which could be readed afterwards by whatever application.

And all this WITHOUT any GPL conflicts as that mencalc resizing core is independent from open source codes.
11-04-2004, 11:20 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
I do (know). And these people are the perfect noobs that use also Diko.
Yep. And I guess Vinicius's site is already in the "Warez" category
Look what AgEnT_sM1Th has posted here:
http://www.vmesquita.com/forum/index.php?topic=45.0

This site (KVCD.Net) will NEVER sponsor IRC Warez channels, and we all know what goes on in IRC channels

Does anybody remember ShareReactor
Where is it now
Closed by the federals
They published warez links, just like vmesquita.com is sponsoring now
I don't think Vinicius is really aware of the consequences
But I guess he doesn't care, as long as people keep registering DIKO Gold.
Until the federals show up and he's really going to have the DIKO up his nose
Sorry guys, I'm sorry, but I'm pissed
I hate seeing KVCD's name being used by pirates and "Warez Sponsors", just like http://www.kvcd-movies.com

-Karl