Quantcast Very Good Result with Ping-Pong Prediction - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
11-04-2004, 04:09 PM
Free Member

Hi,

Just encoded 2 movies with tmpgenc xpress, using the ping-pong prediction, and with the first one I get 0,5% desviation, and only 2% with the second one. (doing KDVD, with a 15 length GOP)

So Thank !

Salu2,
Fabrice
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

11-04-2004, 04:50 PM
Free Member

Send a message via ICQ to incredible
Nice to hear that.

As it "could" be possible to programm a TOK like appl. which automatically adds to the avs script the slicer function at the end and does the turns automatically till the needed filesize matching CQ is found.

But I dont use TmpgEnc for DVD anymore and these little TmpgEnc mpeg1 Jobs I do lately wont be making it worth.

I heared that TmpcEncXpress isnt that good related to handling and Quality.
I thought "they" just pepped up the User interface and thats all?
11-05-2004, 12:57 AM
Free Member

Hi Inc,

Quote:
Originally Posted by incredible
Nice to hear that.

As it "could" be possible to programm a TOK like appl. which automatically adds to the avs script the slicer function at the end and does the turns automatically till the needed filesize matching CQ is found.
With tmpgenc xpress, you can't, because the project files are not yet exportable to text files (Well, I saw that they change the file format in the new version, but I don't have time to install and see if they support text files again)

Quote:
But I dont use TmpgEnc for DVD anymore and these little TmpgEnc mpeg1 Jobs I do lately wont be making it worth.

I heared that TmpcEncXpress isnt that good related to handling and Quality.
I thought "they" just pepped up the User interface and thats all?
When they released tmpgenc xpress, I did some SSIM comparison, and the new version was somewhat better (this was the numbers:
Code:
TMPGENC 3.0 (bitrate min 64 kbps / max 2100 kbps)
MPEG1:
- VBR: 23205 Kb / SSIM 63,01
- CQ: 23615 Kb / SSIM 65,84
MPEG2:
- VBR: 23138 Kb / SSIM 65,31
- CQ: 23458 Kb / SSIM 68,56

Tmpgenc 2.521 (min 64 kbps / max 2100 kbps)
MPEG1:
- CQ: 23646 kb / SSIM 61,53
But it's a little off-topic...

Salu2
Fabrice
11-05-2004, 03:25 AM
Free Member

Send a message via ICQ to incredible
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabrice
Hi Inc,

Quote:
Nice to hear that.

With tmpgenc xpress, you can't, because the project files are not yet exportable to text files (Well, I saw that they change the file format in the new version, but I don't have time to install and see if they support text files again)
A prediction autamtion like the princip of TOK doesn't base on Cuts given by a TmpgEnc Project file.
Thats done via an avisynth script part, means in tmpgenc only the avs will be imported and tmpgenc just encodes.
There has to be only automatically added a slicer() line at the end of the users imported avs.

But thats a matter of programming.
11-05-2004, 11:53 AM
Free Member

Hi inc,

The programming problem is not realy a problem (just opening a file, and adding a line).
The problem is that you have to vary the CQ, and that's where you have to change the Tmpgenc project file. Except if their binary project file has some documentation, it's difficult to make vary him (well, not too difficult, as you only have to save 2 project files, only changing the CQ and see where it goes).

Let's see if I'm able to do that this Week End (and have time)!

Salu2
Fabrice