Quantcast Please Moderators - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
11-14-2004, 05:06 PM
Free Member

Do apply new site policies more carefully !
(see there : http://www.kvcd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14940 and there http://www.kvcd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14829)

In the present case, it'zs Fabrice but I saw other threads with others moderators.

Thanks.

http://www.kvcd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15119

EDIT: to be more precise, this thread has nothing aimed towards Fabrice. It's a general post
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

11-14-2004, 05:12 PM
Free Member

Hi Phil,

I guess I missed that post
But I see your point, about the color issues, so the source is definitely a DivX

Also, just so you all know, we've put a BIG new disclaimer for new people joining KVCD.Net, where it clearly explains the purpose of the site, and the rules to maintain. This way, we also don't have to worry about refunding someone who doesn't play by the rules, because it's "In clear black & White".
Look here: http://www.kvcd.net/portal/articles.php?lng=en&pg=378

-Karl
11-14-2004, 06:03 PM
Free Member

I don't see any reference to warez so I honestly have no idea why the thread was closed
11-14-2004, 06:17 PM
Free Member

Hi Ren,

It's really a DivX/XviD related post.
Look at the source on his script:

AviSource("C:\Infernal Affairs\vid.avi",false)

-Karl
11-14-2004, 06:26 PM
Free Member

Do you mean that discussions about divx/xvid aren't allowed in the forums anymore? Or do you mean the thread was posted in the wrong section? Sorry, I'm still not quite clear on why it was closed.
11-14-2004, 06:47 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendalunit
Do you mean that discussions about divx/xvid aren't allowed in the forums anymore?
Hi Ren,

Most users that were posting here about DivX stuff ( 90% on the DIKO forum ), always turned out to warez stuff, and eventually led to the big mess by thousands registering here and talking about it. That's one reason DIKO was removed from this site. We were gettng about 300 registrations per day, and most discussions were getting out of control.
So unless a user posts something related to his "capture" in DivX/XviD format, and wants to transcode his TV episodes or similar, then that's fine.
But the reality is that most users talking about "avi", are really looking how to convert their downloaded DivX movies.
That's what we wwant to keep away from the forum.
It's really a very delicate issue, so those kinds of posts must be read carefully to see what is really behind the question posted.
If we feel or suspect something fishy, we just close or delete the thread.

-Karl
11-14-2004, 11:58 PM
Free Member

@Kwag: I want to say something half off topic.
KVCD is today almost all what it is, thanks its forum.
You create policies, but I can't believe that you was so bad businessman.
In a while, I think you will need open again without any restriction, cause people will go to other sites.
I know that you want a better place, but maybe also you are a little bit tired off all this stuff, answering again and again same stupid questions.
People don't mind come here if any other free site give they something like K-VCD (you can select the first letter).
And reality is that maybe more that 90% of people download movies from internet, or perhaps more.
It would be the most frequently broken law, without perception of broken law.
In my work all people is talking about - Are you downloaded this! wow!, etc, etc.
No matter physician, lawyer, polices or whatelse, all they wants a copy of that movie that you encode.
DIKO was a problem for you, well it is no more.
But why to be so hard.
If anyway, anybody can camouflage his donwnload in back of a "my high quality capture" or "my VHS capture" (in this case I didn't see how high quality words can be applied).

Well, finishing, this forum, today seems a monastery, and we are the clerics...

At what time we must to take the Librium pild?
11-15-2004, 12:10 AM
Free Member

Well,

Couldn't be the AVI a trailer or something like that? Because I don't saw any reference to downloaded or divx, I thought I could help.

Sorry: I won't help anymore with avi problems, as I'm not able to see those problems....

EDITED: in that case, as convertToYV12() indicate a divx source, why not closing this one: http://www.kvcd.net/forum/viewtopic....129&highlight= ?
EDITED 2: I just saw that there were subtitles in the 'faulty' thread, so don't seem a trailer...
11-15-2004, 12:44 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodater64
@Kwag: I want to say something half off topic.
KVCD is today almost all what it is, thanks its forum.
You create policies, but I can't believe that you was so bad businessman.
In a while, I think you will need open again without any restriction, cause people will go to other sites.
KVCD.Net was VERY GOOD before there were any DivX topics. The forum seems much quiet now, because all DivX stuff is out. I'd rather keep it that way.
THe main purpose here is personal DVD backups. I never intended the forum to go down the DivX hill the way it did. Now we're trying to put it back on track, and we are.
Quote:
I know that you want a better place, but maybe also you are a little bit tired off all this stuff, answering again and again same stupid questions.
Yes, we all are
Because newbies never read, and they jump in and start to post. But then again, this site was never meant to be for newbies, from day one.
Quote:
People don't mind come here if any other free site give they something like K-VCD (you can select the first letter).
And reality is that maybe more that 90% of people download movies from internet, or perhaps more.
Yes, I agreee, but we don't want those discussions here.
Quote:
It would be the most frequently broken law, without perception of broken law.
In my work all people is talking about - Are you downloaded this! wow!, etc, etc.
No matter physician, lawyer, polices or whatelse, all they wants a copy of that movie that you encode.
Agree!
Quote:
DIKO was a problem for you, well it is no more.
It was not really DIKO. It's the people that DIKO brought in. V has a great potential market. I don't want that market
Quote:
But why to be so hard.
If anyway, anybody can camouflage his donwnload in back of a "my high quality capture" or "my VHS capture" (in this case I didn't see how high quality words can be applied).
And that's exactly the way it should be done. If it's done like that, I don't have any problems at all.
But when we start seeing threads that obviously point to some rookie, because it's obvious he's trying to convert a downloaded movie, because he doesn't even know how to do a script in the first place
Any advanced user clearly knows that capturing to DivX to then transcode to anything else, is plain crap. So the people talking about DivX, even if they are trying to cover it up with words, are easily identified.
Quote:

Well, finishing, this forum, today seems a monastery, and we are the clerics...
Not for me
7 new users registered today, so the forum is well alive, and growing. Although not at the fast pace of 300+ users a day when the DIKO forum was wild open.
Just log out for a couple of hours, and log on again. You'll see many new posts, but none like the hundreds we used to have, totally out of control.
Quote:

At what time we must to take the Librium pild?
I only take a bear or two, after hours

-Karl
11-15-2004, 12:48 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabrice
EDITED: in that case, as convertToYV12() indicate a divx source, why not closing this one: http://www.kvcd.net/forum/viewtopic....129&highlight= ?
EDITED 2: I just saw that there were subtitles in the 'faulty' thread, so don't seem a trailer...
You're right Fabrice.
I missed that thread

Phil, you missed it too

I'm locking it now.

-Karl
11-15-2004, 03:49 AM
Free Member

Send a message via ICQ to incredible
Quote:
convertToYV12()

Guys! mpeg4 in general is YV12 and doesnt have to be converted to YV12. See the point. So if an error occurs cause of non-YV12 colorspace then I do assume the user gots a YUY2! Source as AVI and thats a capture. "á graver"... doesnt that mean "for captures"???? Im not shure.

11-15-2004, 05:08 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabrice
Couldn't be the AVI a trailer or something like that? Because I don't saw any reference to downloaded or divx, I thought I could help.
The user maked the name of the avi and the one of the srt (subtitles) but NOT the directory.
"Internal affair" can be two things : a movie from 1990 or a TV show that also have some years. In both cases, having that as an avi + a subtitle file in srt makes me think this is not a trailer.

Quote:
That is precisely the line that makes all the difference

@Karl
YOu're right

@Inc
"A graver" means "to be burnt" and it's probably the directory where the user put all the stuffes he wants to convert into KVCD. No matter it is capture or ripp.
And for YUY2 problems, LOTS of people never upgrade their codecs (or use a old pack) and they have old xvid release that outputed in YUY2 by default.