Quantcast Dishnet System and Panasonic DMR-E85h - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
11-15-2004, 01:07 PM
Free Member

Send a message via MSN to Bud
Aloha Kwag

I have my DishNet Satellite Receiver set up and my Panasonic DMR-E85H set up. The problem I’m having now is I get the Sat Receiver set up to recognize the DVD Recorder when set for timer recording. It has set ups for just about all types of VCR’s and Turner/Receivers plus a number of DVD Players. What I want to do is have the Sat receiver change channels for recording different shows over night. The only way I can do recording now is to set the channel I want to record. Set up the DMR-E85H for timer recording and record. Do you have any suggestions on how I can set this thing up? I haven’t set up the PC system yet, but will put in the WINPVR 250 soon. Thanks

Bud
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

11-16-2004, 07:55 PM
Free Member

Hi Bud,

If your satellite receiver can't control the Panasonic, I'm afraid you'll have to set individual timers on the DMR
I know exactly what you mean, because I have to do the same thing.
I once thought an idea of writing a program to run on a "Palm Pilot", so it would receive the IR (Infra Red) signals from the satellite receiver, and repeat (translate) them to the panasonic equivalent signals. It's feasible, because the Palm Pilots are used to control IR equipment, but they can also receive IR.
I wonder if there is already some program to do just that

-kwag
11-16-2004, 09:26 PM
Free Member

Send a message via MSN to Bud
Aloha Kwag

Thanks...I called the DishNet Tech guys today and they indicated they are working for the proper codes for all DMR system. They just don't know when they can have them ready for use. I will keep checking back on their Web Site to see where they are......unless some one can come up with something for us to use.......

Bud