Quantcast Star Wars Revelations a Fan Made Sw Movie - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
05-09-2005, 06:46 AM
Free Member

Hi Guys,

I saw a post over @ D9 (I can't remember who posted it over there) and I thought you might be interested to see it.

if this has been posted before then please forgive me.

I saw the link over @ D9, went to the site and I even installed BitTorrent so that I could download the 2 DVD's (Got amazing speeds as well. )

I was very much impressed by the quality of this movie and the special effects considering it is a movie made by SW fans the effects are pretty good.

O.k the acting is a bit on the dodgy side but I can forgive that considering the amount of hard work and effort they put into this production.

I wonder if Mr Lucas has seen it? I think he would be impressed by their efforts.

The first DVD is 40 minutes long and I was even impressed by the quality of the DVD, then Menu's were really proffesional looking also.

I'm downloading the 2nd DVD still and should have it by tomorrow.

I can't believe this is a free download. Check it out and see for yourselves.

http://www.panicstruckpro.com/revela...ons_movie.html

Michael.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

05-09-2005, 10:12 AM
Free Member

Hi Michael,

Is this something that was done on the Net by amateurs

-kwag
05-09-2005, 10:47 AM
Free Member

Hi Karl,

I think so, on reading the site that is what im lead to believe.

Being a big Star Wars fan from the old school, I thought I would download it and see how it looked.

The first DVD is about 40 minutes long but I was impressed by how good it looked even the end titles looks like a LucasFilm release.

I found these two links:

http://world.std.com/~MHonig/panic/

http://www.theforce.net/fanfilms/sho...s/revelations/

I have seen quite a few fan films over @ TheForce.net some good some bad but none seemed as polished as this one is.

Im amazed at how a bunch of volunteers make such a impressive film, it's good to see.

O.k like I said the acting isn't fantastic and can be wooden in places but I can forgive that when I look at the time and effort these guys and gals went to, to make this short film.

I say they are amateurs but someone sure knows there way round with a PC and some rendering software.

It took 3 years to make.

Must have took some time and resources to make not to mention money for all those costumes.

Michael.
05-09-2005, 10:49 AM
Free Member

Also you might want to read their FAQ.

http://www.panicstruckpro.com/revela...aq.html#anchor

I was reading one Answer and apparently this was done with no budget and they said imaging what we could do with a budget.

The mind boggles.

Michael.
05-09-2005, 11:10 AM
Free Member

It's incredible
I'm downloading the first DVD now

-kwag
05-09-2005, 11:20 AM
Free Member

Great! Are you using Bittorent? I got really decent download speeds using this and I was impressed with BT it is the first time I have ever used it.

I hope you will be as impressed as I was with the proffesional look that this movie has. I think ILM would have been proud of those SFX.

Also reading the FAQ I was amazed on how the SFX was a Worldwide effect from GC creators from many countries and everone involved was a volunteer absolutely amazing imho.

Michael.
05-09-2005, 11:32 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyphon
Great! Are you using Bittorent? I got really decent download speeds using this and I was impressed with BT it is the first time I have ever used it.
Yes I am
I'm downloading now at ~740Kbps. Kind of slow, because my download stream is ~3Mbps, but I guess in a little while it should pick up speed
Quote:

I hope you will be as impressed as I was with the proffesional look that this movie has. I think ILM would have been proud of those SFX.
Can't wait for it to download
Quote:

Also reading the FAQ I was amazed on how the SFX was a Worldwide effect from GC creators from many countries and everone involved was a volunteer absolutely amazing imho.
Yes, indeed

-kwag
05-09-2005, 12:01 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwag
Yes I am
I'm downloading now at ~740Kbps. Kind of slow, because my download stream is ~3Mbps, but I guess in a little while it should pick up speed
Yes it should pick up, I was getting slow speeds at first but after a while it maxed out and I got my top download speed. I think as you download and it starts uploading it increases your download speed because you are sharing also.

Im not sure if your's will max out at 3Mbps but it will be interesting to find out if it does.

EDIT: I also downloaded the covers also, even they look very polished and proffesional

http://www.lysator.liu.se/~zap/revelations/

Link is DVD artwork.

Check it out.

Michael.
05-18-2005, 04:17 PM
Free Member

Hi Karl,

I was just wondering if you downloaded this movie and if you have, what did you think of it?

Michael.
05-18-2005, 07:18 PM
Free Member

Hi Michael,

I forgot to respond here
The movie is awesome
The digital effects are just excelent
It's incredible what those people did
I haven't downloaded the second DVD yet. I'm short on disk space

-kwag
05-19-2005, 09:02 AM
Free Member

hi Karl,

I completely agree it is awesome what they have done with this movie, and like you said the digital effects are excellent.

Almost makes me want to go out and find a few people and make a Star Wars movie of my own.

I think it's great to see what a few enthusiastic fans can achieve.

Michael.
05-19-2005, 10:31 AM
Free Member

Send a message via ICQ to incredible
Yep, technically its a verrrry amazing job! Not mention how low their budget was!

But ... the Acteurs are ... well ... no comment
05-19-2005, 11:03 AM
Free Member

I just hope Star Wreck will be out this decade/century..
05-19-2005, 04:39 PM
Free Member

@Inc

I agree the effects are amazing. However like you said the actors...well let's not go there.

@Boulder

Looks interesting, I noticed it is a Finnish made film, do you know if they are going to hire some ropey English speaking actors (Like they do in console games that are made in Japan and exported to the U.S/U.K) to translate to English so there can be 2 audio tracks on the DVD?

Michael.
05-19-2005, 04:57 PM
Free Member

@Boulder

I just watched the trailer of this movie and I was blown away by the effects, I am a big Star Trek fan also and I love the SE in the trailer.

The only downside for me I hate watching films with subtitles as you spend more time reading the subs than watching the movie and all it's glorious effects.

Michael.
05-20-2005, 02:40 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyphon
@Boulder

Looks interesting, I noticed it is a Finnish made film, do you know if they are going to hire some ropey English speaking actors (Like they do in console games that are made in Japan and exported to the U.S/U.K) to translate to English so there can be 2 audio tracks on the DVD?
I don't think they'll do that. The movie's already been in production for several years and doing a second audio track would mean a lot of extra work. Besides, one of the jokes is actually the fact that the people are Finnish
05-20-2005, 03:34 AM
Free Member

Although I don't speak Finnish, I could definately pick up the humour in the trailer, also I do like that joke that everyone speaks Finnish and this movie does look really great and the effects look awesome also.

Well maybe they will put subs into the movie.

Michael.