Quantcast Star Wars Eps III: Revenge of the Sith. Awesome!!! - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
05-19-2005, 04:53 PM
Free Member

Hi Guys,

I have just literally got back from the cinema after watching the Revenge of the Sith and all I can say is. OMG!!!! This movie is awesome. It is definately the best of the new trilogy as we all expected it to be.

I being an old school SW fans (most fans as old as me may agree ) I think the first two movies were very disappointing. I could forgive Episode 1 for being rubbish as that was just introducing all the characters. (LOTR 1 bored me for the same reason. )I expected so much more from Episode 2 but was given a love story which bored the pants off me, for me Eps 2 only really kicks off when Yoda lands with the Clone Troopers and the latter half of the film is more forgivable

I was really pleased with the 3rd installment and Lucas has gone back to basics and finally introduced some humour like the original trilogy had.

I'm not going to give any of the movie plot away although most of you probably what the plot is already.

If any one else has seen the movie I would love to hear your points of view about this movie.

Thanks.

Michael.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

05-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Free Member

Ok...

I am a Cinema Manager and I've seen Star Wars from the other end of the spectrum - having to deal with the hordes of marauding fans.

SPOLIERS ALERT (DONT READ ON IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE FILM)

Whilst I agree it probably is the best of the new trilogy, there are some fairly stupid chunks of dialogue stuck in there in true Lucas tradition. I'd heartily recommend anyone who is a fan of the series to check the movie out, but if once you leave the cinema and hear people quoting the Darth Vader scene "NOOOOOO!!!!" then you will surely then hear a chorus of laughter. It was a woeful way of showing Darth's realisation about what he'd done to Padme and made me actually squirm in my seat.

Other examples of bad dialogue -

Why Obi Wan and Yoda kept saying "only the Sith deal in absolutes"? Isn't that statement itself an absolute???

When Yoda tells The Emporer "Not if anything to say about it, I have!!"

When Obi Wan is watching the hologram of the slaying of the younglings, he says "I cannot watch anymore", to which a guy three seats to my left said "neither can I".

Overall tho - an excellent chunk of Star Wars and neatly tidied up all the details to allow it to flow nicely into ANH.

Go see it.
05-24-2005, 09:47 AM
Free Member

Thanks for your reply fingerbob and least there is another Cinema goer apart from myself that posted here. :P

Thanks for your views and I agree with them, old GL still sticks in his dodgy dialogue.

We all laughed at Lord Vader's "Noooooooooooo!". It reminded me of Toy Story 2 when Emeror Zurg with fighting the other Buzz Lightyear and Zurg fell off the elevator.

What I found strange though is Mace Windu is supposed to be the second most powerful Jedi in the order and Yoda supposedly the most powerful. How come then did Mace defeat the Emporer and Yoda more or less got a butt kicking? Unless of course the emporer once exposed became fully powerful and his hatred had made him.

I love those quotes you posted especially the Yoda one still makes me laugh, I loved the bit when Yoda knocked the Imperial Guards heads against the wall using the force.

I was disappointed with General Grievous I thought he might put up more of a fight (Maybe he should have giving up those cigarettes he had a bad smokers cough ).

I was delighted though to finally see Palpatine weild a Lightsabre it was about time. I waited many years to finally see that and it didn't disappoint.

Although for me this is the best episode of the new trilogy with some fantastic duels I still prefer the older trilogy with Return of the Jedi still my favourite.

I can't wait for Ep3 to be released on DVD so I can complete my collection and see the making of, although knowing Lucas he will prob bring out a new trilogy boxset and a 6 movie boxset and I will be forced to buy both.

Michael.
08-21-2006, 09:25 PM
Free Member

Not only the dialouge sucks but also the acting...

Obi Wans acting acting is bad especially in the hologram scene were he watched the killings. I didnt get in the mood at all.