Quantcast Avisynth: Avisynth Quit Wroking After Install Nero Reload - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
06-07-2005, 10:41 AM
Free Member

After install nero reload, none of the directshowsource or avisource worked for avisynth. Only got the audio but no vdeo on MPlayer. Any ideas on what happened?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

06-07-2005, 10:51 AM
Free Member

nero reload ? what is that ?
06-07-2005, 12:06 PM
Free Member

Maybe the 2nd movie from the "Nero Recode 2" saga
Seriously, I can't think how Nero would have mess up your codecs, but nothing is impossible.
Try GSpot on your sources and see which codec is being used.
Cheers
06-07-2005, 11:49 PM
Free Member

Nero Reload is the newest Nero 6 version. The d2v files still work just the mpg and avi files are not working. Very strange.
06-07-2005, 11:54 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzhao66
Nero Reload is the newest Nero 6 version.
Do you mean Nero Recode

-kwag
06-08-2005, 01:54 AM
Free Member

Boy, do we have a problem here or what?
Nero Reload 6 - Burning engine for CD/DVD.
Nero Recode 2 - Encoding engine for movies.
All from Ahead, right?
Now which one did you install right before you started having problems?
Cheers
06-08-2005, 03:38 AM
Free Member

I do not know about Nero Reload. With whatever number after it !

The burning engine is called Nero Burning Rom 6. Where do you see a Nero Reload

http://www.nero.com/us/Nero_StartSmart_2.html
(look at the left colunm, you have ALL the app included in Nero Utlra Edition 6. No reload anywhere...)

It's important to know what was installed. Nero Burning Rom can't screw the codec. Nero recode, it's an other thing...
06-08-2005, 04:24 AM
Free Member

I installed everything from Nero Reload 6, the newer version of Nero ultra edition, which included Nero Burning Rom, Nero Recod, Nero InCD, Nero Showtime and the whole nine yard. Maybe the problem is from something from Nero Showtime. THe script with d2v is still working but if I use DirectShowSource or AVI source it said something about RGB and YV12 by tmpgenc and mplayer and nero showtime. After I put ConvertToYU12 or CoonvertToRGB24, it started to play the sound but not the video. Any thoughts?
06-08-2005, 04:29 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Maybe the problem is from something from Nero Showtime.
I'll bet also on Nero Vison Express. You should deinstall them both, at least to verify. And if you do not need them, do not install them. This not only screw the system, this also loads it a lot, adding several codecs that you will probably never use.

Quote:
THe script with d2v is still working but if I use DirectShowSource or AVI source it said something about RGB and YV12 by tmpgenc and mplayer and nero showtime. After I put ConvertToYU12 or CoonvertToRGB24, it started to play the sound but not the video. Any thoughts?
As said before, verify with Gspot which codec is used now on your system to read an avi. And you will problably see something from Nero in the list.
06-08-2005, 11:03 AM
Free Member

After tried the Gspot, found out the problem lies with misconfiged VFAPI reader codec 1.5. Remembered after installing VFAPI conv, it was not working so I copied DVD2AVI.vfp to the VFAPI directory to make it work. Now the Gspot said "unknown VFW driver file missing". Any help?
06-08-2005, 11:22 AM
Free Member

What is the source you check with Gspot ? An avi ??
Did you uninstall Nero app like I suggest ?

Edit : BTW, please explain in correct english, with all details and not short cut, these sentence :
"it said something about RGB and YV12 by tmpgenc and mplayer and nero showtime"
06-08-2005, 11:23 AM
Free Member

Are you using DVD2AVI or DGIndex?
Because as far as I understand it, DGIndex comes bundled with it's own VFAPI codec which is already in it's own directory.
I'm not used to AVI sources and I'm affraid I can't help you much further.
If it was a VOB source coming from an YV12 I would advise you to reinstall XviD again, but seems it's not the case here.

Cheers

NOTE: I just had another look at your initial post where you specifically mentioned MPlayer.
Please be aware that usually MPlayer is compiled with it's own codecs.
Please, post the log that comes up in the DOS box when you try to open your source with MPlayer.
Also please specify what kind of source are you trying to play.
Does it run ok with VLC, MPC, WMP?
06-08-2005, 10:16 PM
Free Member

Sorry for not making everything very clear, forget everything I said before and let me try it one more time.

After using DVD2AVI, I can use avisynth script to play the avs on mplayer and encode the avs file with tmpgenc.

After got myself some knowledge about avisynth filters, I wanted to play some previously made mpg2 and mpg1 files using some filters, that's when I had the problem. MPlayer used to play avs with just one line script like DirectShowSource(my file.mpg) without any problem. Now it says "video decompressor can't produce YV12 or RGB data". After I added ConvertTOYV12 or ConvertToRGB24, I mplayer started to play just the audio but no video. The Tmpgenc won't open any mpg1 or mpg2 files saying it was unsupported.

I tried Gspot on an AVI file converted from VFAPI-conv and it said video codec was misconfigured. Did a Gspot on the mpeg2 and mpeg1 and both video codec were Logis after I rendered codec.

Hope I made myself clear this time and thank you all very much for the input.
06-09-2005, 03:43 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Now it says "video decompressor can't produce YV12 or RGB data". After I added ConvertTOYV12 or ConvertToRGB24
That give clearly the hint that a codec has been installed by Nero to render MPEG1 and MPEG2. I know (I knew) the name of this codec, and yes it is a crap.
Trust me : UNINSTALL the Nero app that you won't use.

Quote:
Did a Gspot on the mpeg2 and mpeg1 and both video codec were Logis after I rendered codec.
Logis ? What is that word ?
06-09-2005, 04:35 AM
Free Member

Could the word be Ligos?
That's a fine codec, ain't it?
I remember that one of the 3 or 4 Nero pack comes bundled with a media player.
At least uninstall everything from Nero packages and reinstall them one by one again.
That should do it.
But if you run into problems again, tell us which was the last package you installed before running into trouble again.
I may find sometime to check this out because I also use Pack 1 and 2 from Ahead but never had issues.
I think the problem comes from pack 3.
Cheers
06-09-2005, 08:30 AM
Free Member

It is Ligos. Sorry for the typo. I have uninstalled all of the Nero and the problem is still there. Now, it makes me think it may be the codec from another program that messed up the system. Any suggestion on how to solve the problem now? Thanks again for your help.
06-09-2005, 08:53 AM
Free Member

It's strange because Ligos is not only a good codec, but it is the one I use on my PC so it can't give you any problem

How... other thing. Go in control panel and see if netmeeting service has been added and started. If yes, disable it.

I had problem with colors on my desk (impossible to put the screen in true colors, I was stuck to 16 bits) and this was the problem.