Quantcast IE 7 to Finally Support Tabs - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
08-17-2005, 01:28 PM
Free Member

Hi Guys,

I was watching a web programme on BBC TV regarding the new Internet Explorer 7.

M$ have finally had the sense to include tabs when browsing a luxury most of us FireFox users have had for ages.

On the front of security there were two commercial firms arguing which browser is more secure.

One man said his company use IE as with the current patches and updates it is far more secure that FireFox, while another guy from a firm who used FF said that FF is the more secure.

I guess we only have to take there word for which one is the most secure, for now I shall be sticking with FF as it rocks.

What are you views guys on the upcoming IE7?

Michael.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

08-17-2005, 01:55 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyphon
IE is not a web browser. M$ definitly stated that it won't follow the w3c recommandation. Unfortunally, 99% will use it as it will be auto-loaded on any PC a soon as it will be available. That means that, again, web designer will have to developp site specially for this sh... that won't work on other browsers.
08-17-2005, 03:54 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
M$ definitly stated that it won't follow the w3c recommandation.
I think this is really bad, but like you said unfortunately M$ will still have 99% of ppl using it as no doubt it will be the standard browser on Longhorn when it is officially released.

I think the Monopoly commission should enforce M$ to include other browsers such as FF and Opera as standard in the new Windows in the interest of fairness, although we all know this wont happen.

Michael.
08-18-2005, 01:57 AM
Free Member

For Longhorn, read Vista....

http://blog.hundhausen.com/Windows+L...ows+Vista.aspx

There are many other sites.

I've read many people give theories that the new abbreviated name will end up being Microsoft VI(sta) since this new OS will be the 6th incarnation of Windows. Not sure if that's intentional on the part of M$.
08-18-2005, 03:12 AM
Free Member

FYI "Vista" name is alread used by at least 2 companies that already prepare action against M$ but I don't have news about that.
You have "Vista Inc" that exist since 1998 (http://vista.com/), and also a worldwide known software in medical area called "Vista".
08-18-2005, 05:19 AM
Free Member

Send a message via ICQ to incredible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialhot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyphon
IE is not a web browser. M$ definitly stated that it won't follow the w3c recommandation. Unfortunally, 99% will use it as it will be auto-loaded on any PC a soon as it will be available. That means that, again, web designer will have to developp site specially for this sh... that won't work on other browsers.
Yupp, thats really a mess!
08-18-2005, 05:32 AM
Free Member

Straight from the horses mouth...

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/default.mspx