Quantcast Besweet .AC3 Encoding Issue.. - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
09-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Free Member

Send a message via MSN to Rolaquin
Help!

To be honest, I'm a complete newb, and I've been reading through Vmesquita's & kvcd.net guides.. and so i've started to try making my first KDVD. Basically, I've gotten the video encoding down pat so far.. and the quality is really decent, as well. =) Now, the problem is... BeSweet!

I have no idea what the problem is.. with ac3machine (as well as BeSweet GUI), when i try to encode from a .wav to an ac3, (by hitting the "GO!"/"Gimme an Ac3" button) nothing happens.. and the BeSweetGUI just produces an empty log file.

I wonder if I must have some sort of ac3 codec? Help is greatly appreciated..

Thanks in advance! =)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

09-11-2005, 04:44 PM
Free Member

No codec matter as besweet carries all the encoders it needs into several dll files.

Which version of besweet do you have ? Did you try besweetGui insteed of AC3Machine ? Is your wav 48Khz and not 44.1 ?
Check that the ac3enc.dll is 11 ko and dated from 04/02/2004.

Note: Why don't you encode in MP2 ? AC3machine or whatever based on ac3enc.dll sucks.
09-13-2005, 03:11 PM
Free Member

Send a message via MSN to Rolaquin
So wait, Dialhot.. considering the fact that I'm done encoding movie as an .mpv,can I encode that same movie's .wav file into a corresponding .mp2?

And would I be able to author those two files together (.mpv & .mp2) as a KDVD?

Note*: Even when trying to use BeSweet to encode and create the .mp2, a blank LOG file pops up, no error is shown, but nothing is created either. =(!!!
09-13-2005, 03:54 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolaquin
So wait, Dialhot.. considering the fact that I'm done encoding movie as an .mpv,can I encode that same movie's .wav file into a corresponding .mp2?
Yes it is.

Quote:
And would I be able to author those two files together (.mpv & .mp2) as a KDVD?
mp2 is in the standard for PAL DVD, but not NTSC. Nevertheless, it seems that all NTSC players support mp2 even if it is not mandatory.

Quote:
Note*: Even when trying to use BeSweet to encode and create the .mp2, a blank LOG file pops up, no error is shown, but nothing is created either. =(!!!
Are you sure you have besweet and not only besweetGUI ? The GUI calls besweet, if it is not installed, I fear you don't have the time to read any error and for sure the log is empty.