Quantcast Reason for Keeping the Forum Unvisible for Everybody? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
09-15-2005, 04:08 PM
Free Member

Hi,

I can't remember why we decided to make the forum invisible to non registered user.
As I can't find where it was discuss, someone can enlight me?
What I remember is that everything comes from the divx/Diko issue, but as there is no diko nor divx discussion anymore, is it still usefull?

Perhaps could we open in reading mode the forum for everybody?

And if it's a taboo subject, just delete this post!

Salu2
Fabrice
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

09-15-2005, 07:29 PM
Free Member

Hi Fabrice,

It was made that way to force people to join.
If I open the forums in read only, the registrations will drop like mad, because it has been my experience that about 80% of people read, but they never post.
So there will be many many leechers that never join, because they can read and get their answers.

-Karl
09-16-2005, 05:37 AM
Free Member

Send a message via ICQ to incredible
Uops!

I did/do interprete that pay-for-join as a way for excluding warez "only one interest" leechers. And that makes sense.

Quote:
because they can read and get their answers.
You shouldnt make that official as it could be misunderstood.

Also (I dont know if you did already point that out) you should mention on te portals/registry area that these few bucks will be used for effective forums-providing-costs and for donation of several useful outside projects
09-16-2005, 11:16 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by incredible
Also (I dont know if you did already point that out) you should mention on te portals/registry area that these few bucks will be used for effective forums-providing-costs and for donation of several useful outside projects
Hi Andrej,

I think I did mentioned that in the forum

-Karl