Quantcast Have the Forums Been Offline? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
12-27-2005, 02:31 PM
Free Member

Send a message via MSN to Shibblet
Alright guys, I am confused. I am at work right now, and I have access to the forums. When I am at home in the evenings, 6pm Alaska Time, I cannot log on to KVCD.net at all! Even the website doesn't show up.

Now, I thought that I might have been my computer, so I did a re-install of windows, and I get the same thing.

Has the web site changed at all in the past few days, or is it going offline at a certain time of day? Or is the problem completely on my end?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

12-27-2005, 02:52 PM
Free Member

Hi Shibblet,
This probably only Karl will be able to answer for sure.
But during December I have been at home almost 14h/day logged on to kvcd.net and I didn't notice any issues.
Sorry, I did notice a red page "by bluehost" stating that the forum had exceeded the max capacity probably around the 22nd of Dec.
But that only happened during 10 minutes or so.
Other than that all has been, sometimes slow, but steadily working.
Cheers
12-27-2005, 10:04 PM
Free Member

I've been on and off for the last few days and not noticed any problems. If it happens again to you do a traceroute on the domain name. Reason I suggest that is my last ISP's dns servers seemed to get overloaded and refuse to resolve requests for non-uk addresses which lead to sites just 'disapearing'. One reason I migrated to another much better one.

The traceroute will fail with an unknown host error if it wont resolve. Then at least you know it's a dns based error. If it does resolve let it run and check the hops it makes, if you get to a point where it's constantly timing out then your route to the server kvcd.net is hosted is at fault, unfortunately theres not much you can do about that other than complain at either your isp or the company that owns the failed/failing router.
12-27-2005, 10:17 PM
Free Member

No problems here whatsoever

-kwag
12-28-2005, 07:08 PM
Free Member

Send a message via MSN to Shibblet
Finally got fed up with this last night.

I'm at work until about 6pm, and logging in works fine from there. However, when I get home at about 6:30, The website doesn't even come up!

So I called my ISP and asked what the deal was. After about 45 minutes of him trying to tell me it was my firewall, he finally tried going to kvcd.net himself. And lo-and-behold, he couldn't pull it up.

So another 30 minutes for him to put me on hold and research the issue.

He tells me that it's something wrong with their router for all of their traffic, and this particular route has been accidentally removed... sounds like a bunch of crap to me, but at least they admitted it wasn't my computer.

So, sorry for the trouble, it's all my ISP's fault. Thanks for checking for me anyway though.
12-28-2005, 10:33 PM
Free Member

Hello all:

I was not able to open the forum until now. The last time I tried was about a couple of hours ago and was not able to connect, however, I was able to view other sites..........anyway, what I wanted to do is to wish a
!!! FELIZ NAVIDAD Y UN PROSPERO 2006 !! to all members

Best regards

Otto
12-29-2005, 04:11 AM
Free Member

Send a message via MSN to heyitsme
Hey i had the same problems so dont worry about that. I actually couldnt get the forums to load at all for more than a week. I doubt we have the same isp, so i think there was a bigger problem then people think. Im actually on the other side of teh state and blam it works. So glad, i dont know what i would have done without this site. Tis my first forum. Anyways hopefully its fixed whatever teh issue was.