Quantcast How do I Make Video_Ts.IFO Files? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
12-29-2005, 08:49 PM
Free Member

Send a message via MSN to Shibblet
Alright, I have the VOB's, I have the IFO & BUP files with the chapters and stuff.

But I want to put 2 movies on one DVD, each movie with their own IFO for chaptering.

How do I go about making the VIDEO_TS.IFO to let the DVD player know how many video streams I have?

I have NERO 6 SE, and it doesn't do it for me.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

12-29-2005, 08:58 PM
Free Member

The easiest way is to use CQMatic, together with CalcuMatic, and target half DVD space for each movie.
Then encode your audio streams. One for each movie (Using HeadAC3he or BeSweet)
Then after you have your videos and audios encoded, use TMPGEnc DVD Autor, and drag both encoded MPEG files into it.
If you want to keep all menus and audio streams, as in the original movies, then that's another story
You can also look at Prodater's ASP to calculate size pre allocation on disk.
That is, each movie will require a different space on disk, depending on the activity.

-kwag
12-30-2005, 05:53 AM
Free Member

Hi Shibblet,
I'm very interested in the positive answer somebody can give you, since I tried to do this same thing once, and didn't find the way.
My case: I have a Metallica double DVD that I wanted to bach up in a single layer DVD. Didn't really mind much about image quality (more interested in audio in this case ).
I have shrinked both DVDs, but didn't find a way to put then together. I thought I could make use of VMG menu in DVDlab Pro to do so, but didn't manage.
If you get to a solution, make us know.
Cheers.
12-30-2005, 06:14 AM
Free Member

DVDRemake Pro can merge discs keeping the original menus but it's not free
12-30-2005, 07:25 AM
Free Member

another way is with dvdshrink, choose the reauthor mode and drag the titles to your layout. Additionally you can choose for "no compression", and process the new dvd further with for example dvd-rb.

But: this WILL destroy your menu's.