Quantcast Convert Film to one CD to DVD Player? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
02-21-2006, 12:00 PM
Free Member

Ok, please stay with me….I have had a good look round, and there is already a question like this….But please try and help.
I am trying (and have been for 3 days) to convert “Final.Approach.2006.DVDRip.XviD-NSM”, (just cos it’s still on my hard drive) 699 MB into a KVCD file. I am using “TMPGenc 2.524.63.181”, and it has been registered. I have installed the templates from http://www.weethet.nl/english/video_kvcd_intro.php and I have followed the same user guide. Also I have tried this guide http://homepage.ntlworld.com/themxmaster/makekvcd.htm. I do exactly as it says in both guides. I have had 2 types of results. The first one…...I get a file that is about 1.3 GB the biggest being 1.5GB. The second result I get is a file that I can burn, as it’s only about 400 MB but when I’ve burned it, it’s not watch-able. I do not know what I’m doing wrong???
Thank you
Hummmm, I’ve just tried again. I’ve stopped it after 93 mins it was already on 330MB!!!! The only thing I can see that is different from mine to the guide is the fact that on the MXDomain guide step 5 mine says over 3 G and there’s says 655.
Not sure if there is anything else you need to know. just took another look (Id hate for you to think I wasn’t trying.....Like the pic in the guide mine says audio part will not be included in this file, and I also just noticed the time for my file says 320 mins!!!
I think I will leave it now, I'll wait to see if you reply and if you need any more info....Thanks
One more thing, I was trying to follow 2 guides that I found on here, but 2 of the links are dead “Movie stacker” and I have forgot the other one.
All I want to do is burn the films that I down load, normally about 700mb, onto ONE disk and then play them on my DVD player.
Thanks (in advance) for any help,
Frosty
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

02-21-2006, 02:11 PM
Free Member

First: welcome to the forum!

Second: seems you didn't read the disclaimer very well, as it clearly states that any illegally obtained video material is not discussed here. We don't want to have ANY affiliation with illegal/downloaded movies.
(BTW, I question if you really have a registered version of tmpg)

If you're interested backing up the (dvd) movies that you own, using advanced video conversion techniques, this is your forum.
For converting any downloaded/illegal/warez sources, this is not.
02-21-2006, 02:53 PM
Free Member

lol, I hope ur just messing me about???
The only reason Ive paid the money for this is so i can learn how to put large films onto one disk.
So, am I to understand, that you are unable to assist me?
Frosty
02-21-2006, 04:04 PM
Free Member

Send a message via MSN to heyitsme
Unfortunately this is the case and has been for awhile. This forum is meant to create the best encodes and you simple cannot with a source that has already been reencoded. Im not sure if there is still some old topics regarding how to convert divx to kvcd, but i know we wont discuss new topics regarding this kind of conversion.
02-21-2006, 04:17 PM
Free Member

Thread closed (without even reading it).

@Frosty
Read the disclamer

@all others
Thank you for your effort but do not answer to message dealing with warez and piracy. Next time all will be removed with no further notice.
Thank you.
Closed Thread