Quantcast How to Make Any Format of Film Fit onto a CD-R and Play on my DVD Player? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
02-22-2006, 01:58 PM
Free Member

"This pages only serves as a guide to learning"<<<So how about a little help? The Money from my pay pal account was taken quick enough, and all you have done so far is shut the door on me. Not one offer of help. Ive not said anything rude, I only asked for help, I asked 3 different questions about 3 diferent things.

I was directed here from another site.."go to kvcd net, they will help you out. Well not only have you not helped me out, you have threatened to close my account (or words to that affect). Ive read a few things on here, and I've seen a few things end in there accounts being closed. Kinda of like I have the power, noweither shut up, or I will make you shut up.???
Fair enough you wouldnt answer my question about downloaded films, if that is where your at, then so be it. We all know it goes on,but if you cannot publicly support it, then fine. Ive no drama with that.

All I want to do is learn how to make any format of film fit onto a CDR/DVD and play on my DVD player. Surely for those of you that are running this site, those of you with know how, it's not a big deal? The two links I have found, only take me to dead links, so I cannot follow those.

So how about you ease off, and offer a bit of help? I dont care, and neither am intrested in arguing with you, we both got beter things to do.
I dont want you to do anyhting that is against the site rules....I would simply like to learn how to take a film, any film any format and make it fit onto a CD and watch it on my DVD player.
Thank you
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

02-22-2006, 03:09 PM
Free Member

Hi,

So if you really want to learn, why don't you try to backup a DVD, and see how you can get a full movie in 1 CD?

For that, you hava a lot of guide, here.
for example: http://www.kvcd.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2885

You should also learn a bit about avisynth (www.avisynth.org).

Salu2
Fabrice
02-22-2006, 03:29 PM
Free Member

Hi Frosty,

There's also some guides (especially Black Prince one) Here
We don't do downloaded divx conversion because this kind of source is usually very bad and crap in = crap out (and also moreover because it's illegal sometimes...).
We do conversions from dvd to kdvd or kvcd, but also from hdtv captures, avi lossless...
Just follow the guide and feel free to ask questions, if something's wrong, or if you want to learn about something.
02-22-2006, 05:03 PM
Free Member

Thank you Jason.
Thank you Fabrice.
I will take alook at the guide.
Lata,
Frosty
02-22-2006, 05:08 PM
Free Member

Now you got an idea in my head......I have purchased 24 season 1 to 4..Its about 7 DVDs each. Can I (once Ive learnt how to ripp from DVD) convert them to KDVD? Once done will this mean I do not have to have 7 DVDs for each series? Ive read, on the templates guide that you can get 10hours onto one DVD.
Thank you
02-22-2006, 05:27 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty
Now you got an idea in my head......
Quote:
I have purchased 24 season 1 to 4..Its about 7 DVDs each. Can I (once Ive learnt how to ripp from DVD) convert them to KDVD?
You bet
You should be able to (at least!) reduce that to 1/3.
Quote:
Once done will this mean I do not have to have 7 DVDs for each series?
Yep.
Quote:
Ive read, on the templates guide that you can get 10hours onto one DVD.
Thank you
10 hours at 352X480 yes, but that's half D-1 resolution.
The quality is very decent, but not as good as 704x480.
Figure out that you'll be able to put about 5 hours of "Wide Screen" material on each DVD when applying KDVD techniques. If your material is full screen, then 4 hours is more realistic.
If you really want to shrink it down, you can do 352x240 MPEG-2 KDVDs, and then you can put about 16-18 hours on each DVD, at VCD quality.

-kwag
02-23-2006, 01:43 AM
Free Member

Hey Frosty, just a tip, if you don't like the manual encoding, it's worth looking into dvd-rebuilder. This is an automated tool which supports KDVD and avisynth filtering, and will backup your discs of 24 with no visible difference from the original (if done correctly).

I also made a backup of the CSI seasons using this. Each disc had a runtime of approx. 190 minutes and I kept the original menu's. Quality is just amazing, as you will soon find out when you're into the K-techniques
02-23-2006, 02:16 PM
Free Member

lol, thats sounds like just the ticket....But there is no way (not yet any way )) that I will figureit out. But I have book marked this page, once ive learnt a little more, Ill get back to it.
I never knew whatI wanted to do was so difficult.I thought it was as simple as downloading a program, (a FREE ware program, just incase phil reads this) then loading the film i wanted converting, and hay presto, its done.
lol
Thanks
02-23-2006, 04:46 PM
Free Member

Unfortunally, nothing is simple in life

But for something free, simple, but doing DVD (not CD) you have DVDREasy.
See there : http://www.kvcd.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=90

(note: it does not do multi-episode DVD yet but its author plan to support them in a near future).