Quantcast Shouldn't the Nero Image File be a .CUE File? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
03-30-2006, 11:32 PM
Free Member

Stumbled my way onto these forums, may as well ask for help

I have nero (current version). my dvd is saved as a .bin and a "nero image file". every time i try to mount/burn all that pops up (at least on my comp) is the dvd drive. 4 folders are shown, but i can't get anything to play? shouldn't the nero image file be a .cue file? how can i burn it and be able to watch it? thanks for the help!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

03-31-2006, 04:25 AM
Free Member

First off: welcome to the forum!

hmmz, just burn the image using "recorder-->burn image" ??

BTW: 4 directories? Which ones?
03-31-2006, 03:28 PM
Free Member

Yep, welcome to the forum .
Errm, there's Nero 6.x and Nero 7.x and as I understand it, both are current versions.
All I know is Nero 6.x and I'm not an expert.
Reading your post I could almost assume that it wasn't you who built that image with Nero, am I right?
Anyways, if you have a Nero file I'm pretty sure that you can play it before burning it if that's what you want.
First, get your hands on Daemon-Tools.
Just run a search for it using google or your favorite search engine.
Don't worry, it is free software without spyware or anything like that.
If it asks to install a "toolbar" or anything like that just answer "no toolbar".
Then use Daemon-Tools to "mount" your *.nrg and/or *.bin files.
If it pops up the same folders, which BTW you could be more specific about, then that's probably because there are no MPEG2 decoders in you PC.
And that, we'll talk about later .
Cheers