Quantcast Best and Fastest Way to Add a Watermark to KVCD? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
04-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Free Member

Hey i would like to tag my video with a small watermark, through out my whole kvcd video! can someone tell me whats the best and fastest way to do that? and what program its called
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

04-12-2006, 11:32 PM
Free Member

Hi NittoLive,

You need to encode your video with a superimposed "logo", with a script. Check here: http://www.geocities.com/mrtibsvideo/Logotools.html

-kwag
04-13-2006, 12:15 AM
Free Member

i cant do this with the acp program? correct? i would neeed to make my video kvcd first and then open up avisynth? and use this plugin correct?
04-13-2006, 12:25 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NittoLive
i cant do this with the acp program? correct?
Right.
Quote:
i would neeed to make my video kvcd first and then open up avisynth? and use this plugin correct?
No. You need to encode your videos with the plugin. Not after.
If you already have an MPEG file, you can't put a logo on it unless you reencode the video again.

-kwag
04-13-2006, 08:10 PM
Free Member

what program do i use with that plugin then? and also. u mean when i encode my vob's? or dvr file? also how do i use that plugin in then?
04-13-2006, 09:48 PM
Free Member

You need to learn "Scripting" with AviSynth
Starting point is here http://www.avisynth.org/index.php?page=YourFirstScript

-kwag
04-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Free Member

hey i did and it was way to complicated

can you just copy and paste below the .avs script for watermarking, so i can add that code to my other .avs script and place that .avs script file on tmpgenc when i start to encode
04-14-2006, 01:40 PM
Free Member

Quote:
hey i did and it was way to complicated

can you just copy and paste below the .avs script for watermarking, so i can add that code to my other .avs script and place that .avs script file on tmpgenc when i start to encode
All filters have documentation , read a little more. Most of the ppl have spends endless hours of experimentation to know what they do.

Try first if you get stuck then post the problem. Just asking some1 to do ur work aint fair.
04-22-2006, 01:25 AM
Free Member

hey i took a whole week to read it all! and im still lost! Please someone post a tuturial! with maybe pics! I would love that soo much!!!!
04-24-2006, 11:53 AM
Free Member

i will pay money in paypal. if someone can write me a tutorial or show pics on this!
04-28-2006, 07:44 PM
Free Member

bump?
04-28-2006, 08:28 PM
Free Member

You can try this filter for virtualdub:
http://neuron2.net/logo/logo17b2.zip

decompress it to
\VIRTUALDUB\PLUGINS

example:

Start VirtualDub, click on "VIDEO>FILTERS..."
click on Add and choose "logo 1.7b2"

Load your image logo and apply to it:

04-29-2006, 03:01 AM
Free Member

Hey wow thats good, soo then i just load my mpg or avi file? in virtualdub? and then save it as an avi in vurtualdub? and then encode it, with another program to mp4 or kvcd format?
04-29-2006, 07:04 AM
Free Member

With VirtualDub you can save to avi and then encode to KVCD with is not practical. You can use VirtualDub FrameServer (File>StartFrameserver) which can be opened on TMPGENC just like you do with AVS (avisynth).

Anyway, I GOOGLED a way to do directly via avisytnh. I did not test it, but should work:

Quote:
Download logo filter zip file from (the Logo.vdf file is the virtualdub filter)
http://neuron2.net/logo/logo.html
Extract the files into the plugins folder of the virtualdub version you normally use.
Say you have mpg from CD-video.mpg in your D drive in video folder-so the path name of the mpg is
D:\video\video.mpg
Say path name of Logo.vdf is
C:\Program Files\Virtualdub\plugins\Logo.vdf

Say your logofile is logo.bmp (should be 24 bit bmp) with the pathname
C:\Program Files\Virtualdub\plugins\logo.bmp
In the script's last line
x= distance of top left corner of logo from the left side of video in pixels
y= distance of top left corner of logo from the top side of video in pixels
sf= number of first frame to have logo
ef= number of last frame to have logo
Type following lines into notepad for opaque logo

loadvirtualdubplugin("C:\Program Files\Virtualdub\plugins\Logo.vdf","logo")
video = DirectshowSource ( "D:\video\video.mpg")
video = converttorgb32(video)
video = logo(video,x,y, 255, 1, 0,0,0,0, "C:\Program Files\Virtualdub\plugins\logo.bmp", 0, 0, 0, 0, sf,ef, 0)
return video

Save as All Files "video.avs"(the quotes are necessary )

video.avs will play in media player and can be loaded into Real Producer 10

The following will generate a transparent logo

video = logo(video,x,y, 128, 1, 128,0,128,128, "C:\Program Files\Virtualdub\plugins\logo.bmp", 0, 0, 0, 0, sf,ef, 0)
return video

BTW this logo filter is a bit more versatile than the one built into Virtualdub now. See the help file of the filter and try it out in Virtualdub. In any case, it is easier to get precise location of logo with virtualdub if you want to mask other logos in the video.
So, start NOTEPAD, put this:

Code:
video = logo(video,x,y, 255, 1, 0,0,0,0, "C:\Program Files\Virtualdub\plugins\logo.bmp", 0, 0, 0, 0, sf,ef, 0)
return video
and add paranoia generated script. Be aware that, if you are working with a ripped dvd, you must load the .d2v file. So, your final script will be something like this:

Code:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\DGDecode.dll")
video = Mpeg2Source("C:\Program Files\DVRMSToolbox\test1.d2v")
return video
Lanczos4Resize(688,416,0,1,576,318)
Addborders(16,80,16,80)
where x,y = position of logo on your video. Put values until you like it. Open your AVS on virtualdub for preview before going TmpGenc.

save as: KDVD.avs , open on TmpGenc and encode to KDVD/KVCD.

remember: I did NOT test this. So, you have to play with it a lot to get your desired result. Probably you will get errors on first time. Just play a little with it.

best regards
04-29-2006, 12:13 PM
Free Member

Sparkster! you are truly! a king at ripping! pure genious. i want ripping a dvd, like you said, was a avi. heres my avs file that i made in notepad

Quote:
loadvirtualdubplugin("D:\movies\[eX]treme-ly Easy Ripping Pack\virtualdub\plugins\Logo.vdf","logo")
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\acp\filters\2.0.x\DGDecode.dll")
video = DirectshowSource ( "D:\Beyonce Giving Lap Dance BET Awards 2005(www_NittoLive_info).avi")
video = logo(video,261,161, 200, 1, 0,0,0,0, "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Pictures\nl708nj.BMP", 0, 0, 0, 0, 0,0, 0)
return video
Lanczos4Resize(688,416,0,1,576,31
Addborders(16,80,16,80)
i added that aas a video file on tmpgenc, and i loaded my kVCD template on tmpgenc, only thing i hate about the regualr tmpgenc. it slows my pc, i cant do nothing, till it completes, a bit slow,

So i said forget that, and i used Tsunami-MPEG DVD EasyPack Program! create by same makers as TMPGEnc 3.0 XPress

and i added that kvdvd.avs file i made as the video, and my output settings i used was the mpeg-1 VCD template that comes with the program

When encoding it. It works! fast, doen in about 8 minutes, and i can use my pc. while its encoding.

The original file size of the avi video was 70.1MB
after the encoding,
its 58.2MB in mpg format

Does that sound good? or is there a way to make the file size smaller?
04-29-2006, 12:53 PM
Free Member

You still don't have undersand that a file size does not have ANY means ! You can have a file half this size if you whish (use a smaller resolution and the quality won't be either affetcted !).

Note: are you using avisynth 2.0.x ??? You seems to use an old filter DGDecode in a out of date ACP directory that is related to 2.0.x.

2.0 branch of avisynth is same (pre)history as ACP is. The current release is 2.5.6a. And it is faster (even in RGB32).
04-29-2006, 01:12 PM
Free Member

reason i have to use 2.0 is because DGDecode .dll that, file does not come with 2.5

Also. I just tried to encode another avi file,
orignal filesize was 182MB avi file

Heres the Details of the original video

Aspect ratio= Pixel 1:1 (square pixel)
Video= 31985 Frames, 23.976 fps, 22min 14 sec, .4 576x304
Audio= 58825729 samples, 44100 HZ, 22 min. 13 sec. 91, 2 ch

Now heres the details of the output file. new file. final result. using that Tsunami Dvd easypack program, i was talking about , using the same vcd template.

MPEG FILE (MPEG-1 VIDEO, 352x240, 29.97 fps, CBR (COnstnt bitrate), 1150 kbps/MPEG-1 Audio Layer II, 44100 Hz, Stereo

File size came out to be a bit more. at 225 MB

Did i do this right? shouldnt it have been smaller? in file size? what should i do? or what program should i use instead
04-29-2006, 02:04 PM
Free Member

Please focus a bit!
If you are using Avisynth 2.5.x and suddenly you can't find DGDecode.dll please search the forum or ask for help and don't go uninstalling everything to install ToK.
That's a very bad policy.
Now, DGDecode.dll comes WITH DGIndex.exe in DGMPGDec.zip.
Open your dgmpgdec 1.4.6 zipfile and I assure you that you'll find the DGDecode.dll in there.
Just copy it to "c:\program files\avisynth 2.5.5\plugins", that is, to your avisynth's plugin directory.
Then erase the DVD2AVI project files that you have done so far because they are not compliant with DGDecode.dll anymore.
Yep, you'll have to create those D2V projects again.
If you run into any other sort of problem, please, let us know and we'll try to help.
Cheers
04-29-2006, 03:32 PM
Free Member

Quote:
MPEG FILE (MPEG-1 VIDEO, 352x240, 29.97 fps, CBR (COnstnt bitrate), 1150 kbps/MPEG-1 Audio Layer II, 44100 Hz, Stereo
This is nothing but the standard VCD specs. You use a vcd template, you obtain a VCD, nothing weird in that

Quote:
File size came out to be a bit more. at 225 MB

Did i do this right? shouldnt it have been smaller? in file size?
Whatever you do the file will have the EXACT same size. The filesize lies on two things and two things only : the length in minute and the birate. As VCD is encoded in Constant Bitrate (CBR), the filesize depends only, and I do mean only on the length in minute.

Quote:
what should i do?
It's urgent you STOP doing all you are doing and read some basics about VCD / SVCD / XVCD / DVD. Go there and read all carefully :
http://www.videohelp.com/vcd

Quote:
or what program should i use instead
Tmpgenc (not Easy, not tsunami, not Xpress !) and the KVCD template. Exactly what you did before. Why did you change ?
04-30-2006, 07:49 PM
Free Member

i changed cause tmpgen was slow, like i said, and made my pc slow, tsuami encoded way faster, and didnt slow my pc down