Quantcast DVDREasy: Cannot get the one-Click Programs to Work - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
04-29-2006, 09:49 AM
Free Member

Hi All,
Posting for some advise here! I have tried this program, DVDREasy that is and DVD Rebuilder but both get to the encoding stage using CCE and then bomb out!. i have installed both a retail version of CCE 70 and a trial version of CCE 67 both with the KDVD templates installed and no go. I got tired of trying to figure out what the problem was with the one clickers' and tried CCE to encode on a stand alone basis ie doing the whole process myself like with other encoders. Despite searching and posting for the settings of CCE for KDVD and KSVCD i could not find any. Anyone got any links or advise here?

Secondly i found in the script of the One Click converters mentioned above the folowing line in the script - AddAudio(). What does this entry mean? Is it a command to mux the audio at the completion of encoding or what? Also both scripts in the above products refer to adding in the scipt ConvertToYUY2. I read in a post sometime back that this was pointless as YV12 was the way to go, so why the backstep? I am somewhat confused with this. Anyhow i muddled my way through the settings with CCE and got my Q Factor from a program called qCCE. I input this and select DC9 ,progressive, 16:9. I left all the other presets alone. I left the wanted size to 4000gb taking into account the later mux of the soundtrack in AC3. When i authored the movie in DVDlab Pro all appeared to go well and both movie and S/T fitted with 200mb left over. When I played back the finished result the audio and video where out of sync. The picture quality however was very good. What did i do wrong here???

Since i have got on well with both HCEnc and TMPGEnc i want to progress further with CCE so i bought the retail CCE 70 version. Problem is however i dont know if i have input the correct settings or am using it properly??

Can anybody help with any advise on any of the above. Sorry for so many questions but as they are all kinda connected i cant see the point of many posts in all different areas of the forum. appologies to the Mods' if i have overstepped the mark here.

Many thx,
Blubear
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

05-07-2006, 02:30 PM
Free Member

Hi Blubear,

1) It must be something in your system, since both DVDREasy and DVD Rebuilder crash in the same stage (Encoding). I had a user that report this kind of problem and, as far as I remember, he solved the problem by unistalling and re-intalling AVISYNTH.

2) The function ADDAUDIO() is only used because of a bug in CCE 2.5. It doesn´t affect the encoding (you can read more about this in this and other forums). CONVERTTOYUY2 is used because CCE use this colorspace.
If you choose HC encoder, in DVDREasy, You will se that the script use CONVERTTOYV12 because this is the colorspace that HC encoder uses.

3) In DVDREasy with CCE 2.50......2.70, you don´t have to define CCE settings. DVDREasy will examine the video specifications of the source and create an ECL file with the right settings for CCE.

Did you allready tried DVDREasy using HC Encoder ?

Cheers.
05-08-2006, 07:34 PM
Free Member

Hello

Thank you for your reply i will try it again and reinstall the program and as i have allready installed avisynth again i cant see a problem there.

Thank you
Blubear