Quantcast KDVD: Mux Problem with CCE 2.67 - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
04-30-2006, 09:30 AM
Free Member

Hello
I have been trying different settings for this for what seems like ages now and still cannot get a solution despite loads of searches and reading other posts as well as searches on google etc.

I have last night encoded a movie on multi pass VBR (3 passes) on CCE version as above and the result was pretty damm good. However i cannot seem to get the AC3 soundtrack from DGIndex to mux correctly with it. From playback it appears to be a split second out but is still noticible. despite trying to mux in various ways ie. TMPGEnc, Muxman, BBMPEG etc i cannot sort this problem out. The finished movie is still not in sync. Despite previous postings i cannot find a solution to this.

I notice there is no forum for CCE. Is this encoder buggy or unsupported or something? Any advise would be appreciated.

Can anybody advise me on this please?
Thank you
Blubear
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

04-30-2006, 11:14 AM
Free Member

Can you post the last part of the AC3 filename when extracted with DGIndex?
It should be similar to ...DELAY -8ms.ac3.
We just need to know if that delay is near 1 second or if it's just a few thousands of a second.
Plus, when you mux you have a specific field to specify the audio/video delay.
Make sure you use it .
04-30-2006, 11:35 AM
Free Member

Hi Rui
Yeah thx man, here it is:
TO1 3_2ch 448Kbps
Delay 640 16ms
AC3 Audio.

Any ideas??

Steve.
04-30-2006, 12:32 PM
Free Member

What are you using to obtain such informations ? The line "Delay 640 16 ms" puzzles me as it is hard to tell if the delay is 16 or... 640 ms !
What is the filaname given by dgindex ? As mentioned by Rui.
04-30-2006, 01:51 PM
Free Member

Sorry all
My eyes are failing me yet again. from HeadAC3he its -1520ms. Any ideas welcomed...
Blubear
04-30-2006, 03:08 PM
Free Member

HeadAc3che generally takes the info from the filename generated by DGIndex, that is why we are asking you what is the filename of this godam' ac3 file.

1520 seems to be very big but, why not ? Now you have to give this delay to the muxer you are using. But first, are you using the ac3 or do you convert it to MP2 ?
04-30-2006, 04:32 PM
Free Member

Sorry Phil,

I am a bit confused the above post to Rui was the file name generated by DGIndex prefixed by my save option Mhunters. The -1520ms was the delay given in HeadAC3he when i entered the file there. I dont know of any other file name you are referering to from DGIndex, as it only gave me two the above and a .d2v file. Sorry if i have misunderstood you
04-30-2006, 06:18 PM
Free Member

Now I can't understand you .
Nevermind headac3he's sync figures.
There could be a bug in headac3he and it can mislead us.
Just copy/paste the filename of the DGIndex ripped AC3 stream.
I mean, there's gotta be some mistake in your above post.
The filename cannot end with Delay 640 16ms.
Click the file, press F2 and it will go into edit mode, press CTRL+C and paste it in the forum.
There's gotta be a mistake somewhere...
Either it has a 640ms delay or it has a 16ms delay .

Cheers
04-30-2006, 06:51 PM
Free Member

Hello

Ok thisis what i got after redoing the file in DGIndex three times. On the last occasions I selected demux all tracks. This is what i got:

1. Mhunters T01 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 64016ms

2. Mhunters T02 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 64112ms

3. Mhunters.d2v

This is why i couldnt understand about the filename question. These files are labled as above! Is there an AC3 program that i can input the audio file into to accurately display the Delay. I have never had this issue before with other encoders just when trying to mux with a video track from multi pass CCe output ie. an mpv file.

Thanks
Blubear
05-01-2006, 04:46 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubear
Hello

Ok thisis what i got after redoing the file in DGIndex three times. On the last occasions I selected demux all tracks. This is what i got:

1. Mhunters T01 3_2ch 448Kbps DELAY 64016ms

2. Mhunters T02 2_0ch 192Kbps DELAY 64112ms

3. Mhunters.d2v
I don't know how you obtained that but your files have 64 seconds of delay !!! I did not understood that before.
It seems to be a bug in dgindex

Note: you should configure your explorer under windows to not hide the axtension for known files. Because the 2 first file should have a ".ac3" at the end of the name.

Quote:
This is why i couldnt understand about the filename question. These files are labled as above! Is there an AC3 program that i can input the audio file into to accurately display the Delay.
The delay in not tied to the audio file itself but but the unmuxing operation done by dgindex (or whatever other app you want to use to split the audio and the video).

Quote:
I have never had this issue before with other encoders just when trying to mux with a video track from multi pass CCe output ie. an mpv file.
Because a delay of more than one minute is definitely not common
05-01-2006, 05:34 AM
Free Member

Hello

Any suggestions on how i should fix this?? other than what has already been mentioned?

Blubear
05-01-2006, 08:01 AM
Free Member

I'm quite sure that DGIndex has it's bugs but I have never heard of a bug in the delay/filename, ever.
Blubear, where did you get your source? Is it a genuine "pressed" DVD?
Have you tried with another source DVD just to see that it is not source related?
If we proove that it's a bug in DGIndex then you should contact Neuron2 at Doom9.org and let him know of such bug.
But first, let's see this with another source, please.
Cheers
05-01-2006, 08:23 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rds_correia
I'm quite sure that DGIndex has it's bugs but I have never heard of a bug in the delay/filename, ever.
Let assume that the number is coded on a unsigned word insteed of of signed one. Then 65535 represents a delay of -1 ms and then 64016 represents a delay of (64016 - 65535) = -1519 ms. It seems that is also the delay found by headAC3che.

Blubear: to fix that we need to know if you keep the ac3 or if you want to convert it into mp2 ?
05-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Free Member

Phil,

To avoid drama's will it be easier to convert to MP2 or to stay with AC3 and fix the problem. I can accomodate both and in preference would prefer to keep AC3 but if this is going to be a drama to fix then MP2 would seem the sensible option (providing that is not going to be a bigger problem of course lol )

Comments welcomed! I just want to get this fixed so i can progress to the next level with CCE as this is my stumbling block at the moment along with Batch encodes but that is another day

Blubear
05-01-2006, 01:51 PM
Free Member

Quote:
To avoid drama's will it be easier to convert to MP2 or to stay with AC3 and fix the problem.
Actually, only the solution is different. There are tools for fixing delay in both format.

For MP2, you have to fix it while you encode. Tools like HeadAC3che and BesweetGui can be easily setted to fix the delay. For AC3 you will have to use "AC3 delay corrector".

The last unclear thing is to see if the delay is 64000 ms or -1500.
05-01-2006, 04:16 PM
Free Member

Ok,
thank you for that. I have the tool AC3 Delay corrector. Installed it and now a new problem:

Quote:
This application has failed to start because GfaWin23.Ocx was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem
Where does this application has to be installed? would it be in the HeadAC3he or Besweet folder?

Is the above .Ocx file an additional file to locate and download perhaps??

Comments welcome please.
Thanks,
Blubear
05-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Where does this application has to be installed? would it be in the HeadAC3he or Besweet folder?
Ac3 delay corrector is not tied to either of these two apps in any way.

Quote:
Is the above .Ocx file an additional file to locate and download perhaps??
The ocx was supposed to be downloaded at the same site where ac3 delay corrector is found. But the homepage seems to have disappeared.
Find it there :
http://rapidshare.de/files/19393937/GfaWin23.Ocx.html

And put it into C:\Windows\system32
05-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Free Member

Phil

Installed the above program okay. It installs ok and works when opened with another audio file ripped from another dvd. when i open the file we have been talking about within it though, i get this error:

Quote:
Float-Invalid-Operation Exception:0x0000090
Code:

Dont know what to do now! am i doomed. This i a genuine rip from a retail DVD which funnily enough is red and not the usual silver but is a genuine disc if that is what Rui was referring to in an earlier post (i missed that!) all my dvd's to KDVD's are from owned retail disc's. Should i just forget this one and do another disc or is there an answer??

Thanks,
Blubear
05-02-2006, 04:49 PM
Free Member

[quote="Blubear"]
Quote:
Float-Invalid-Operation Exception:0x0000090[code]
This, and the delay about 1minute (that, said honnestly, can't be the real delay), make me say that your ripp is buggy.

Quote:
Dont know what to do now! am i doomed.
What did you use to ripp the disc ? This can be a copy protection. Change the rip tool.

Quote:
This i a genuine rip from a retail DVD which funnily enough is red and not the usual silver
reds are generally for rent DVD, but this does not change anything for working with them.
05-04-2006, 07:49 AM
Free Member

Thanks Phil,

I used DVDFab Decrypter to rip this as I dont like DVd Decrypter at all. I tried it with DVd Decrypter just for the hell of it but same result. i am gonna forget this one i think the disc must be lame' or something. I think the guy at a well known DVd outlet sold me a roppy disc if i have bought a Damm rental disc. Is this normal to sell the public ex rental discs or is there something fishy' going on here??

If so think i will get my money back!!

Thanks for your help anyway
Blubear.