Quantcast Multiple Versions of DVD2AVI and DGIndex - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
05-09-2006, 12:15 PM
Free Member

Hello,

Just a problem i am having with DGIndex and DVD2AVI 1.77.4. I downloaded 1.77.4 and installed it on my C Drive along with DGIndex although neither are in the same folder. I wanted to use DVD2AVI because i wanted to run YUY2() and DGindex seemed to have problems with this as i was getting half a purple screen and half a black one when running a Script in YUY2() which was in fact an older motion adaptive script:

LoadPlugin("C:\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\MPEG2Dec3.dll")
Mpeg2Source("C:\Million Dollar Baby.d2v",cpu=4)
ConverttoYUY2()
Unfilter(50,50)
asharp(1, 4)
GripCrop(352, 288, source_anamorphic=false)
GripSize(resizer="BilinearResize")
STMedianFilter(3, 3, 1, 1 )
MergeChroma(blur(1.5))
MergeLuma(blur(0.1))
#
#

## Linear Motion Adaptive Filtering ##
#
# ( Portions from AviSynth's manual )
# This will apply variable temporalsoften
# and variable blur.
# Both filters are active at all times, and work inversely proportional to the
# activity, measured from current frame to next frame.

ScriptClip(" nf = YDifferenceToNext()" +chr(13)+ "unfilter( -(fmin(round(nf)*2, 100)), -(fmin(round(nf)*2, 100)) ).TemporalSoften( fmin( round(2/nf), 6), round(1/nf) , round(3/nf) , 1, 1) ")

#
#
#

GripBorders()
#LetterBox( Your_Values_Here ) # Depends on situation. Use MovieStacker!

#
#
## Functions ###

function fmin( int f1, int f2) {
return ( f1<f2 ) ? f1 : f2
}

I have installed AVS 2.5 and filters along with some older ones in from 2.08 intheir own folder. I have tried to run the script it comes back with MPEGSOURCE: unable to load C:\Source.d2v etc.
I have tried to remove the DGindex .dll from the AVs 2.5 plugins folder and replaced it with MPEG2Dec3.dll version 1.10 which is able to be used with 2.5 and uses all colourspaces YUY2,YV12 and RGB24.

Questions re the above why is this not working despite showing a source to the .dll decoder.
Secondly can i keep more than one version of frameserver on the drive. i.e. DVD2AVI 1.77.4 and DGIndex and 1.76 etc.

Is there something i have overlooked in the setup.
Any advise appreciated.
Thank you,
Blubear.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Site Staff / Ad Manager

05-09-2006, 12:26 PM
Free Member

1/ In my memories this was the YUY2 that causes problems to Scriptclip (even if the doc says it can handle both YV12 and YUY2). That is what cause the half pink/green screen if I remember well.

2/ Your problem is related to the fact that if you put the dll in the directory "C:\AviSynth 2.5\plugins", they are ALL loaded by avisynth, even with no "loadplugin" lines in the script.

Then you have a conflict if you just use the command "Mpeg2Source(...)".

If you want to keep two versions, you can either :
- put the dll in an other place than the plugin directory, and then use only one "loadplugin" line in your script, to load only the dll that you waht to use.

or

- let all the dll in the plugin directory but preprend the name of the function by the name of the dll to force avisynth to use the dll you want. For instance "DGDecode_Mpeg2Source(...)".

This is the second solution that I use with no problem.
05-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Free Member

Thanks Phil,
Much appreciated for the advise.
Blubear.
05-09-2006, 12:54 PM
Free Member

Hi Phil,

Loaded this script :

"MPEG2Dec3_Mpeg2Source("C:\Million Dollar Baby.d2v")
ConverttoYUY2()
Unfilter(50,50)
asharp(1, 4)
GripCrop(352, 288, source_anamorphic=false)
GripSize(resizer="BilinearResize")
STMedianFilter(3, 3, 1, 1 )
MergeChroma(blur(1.5))
MergeLuma(blur(0.1))
#
#

well the first part of the previously input script. I now get this error from AVS 2.5 when run:

Script error: syntax error
(C:\DOCUME~1\STEVEG~1\Desktop\AVISYN~1.AVS,line1,c olumn 26)

any ideas Phil. Is my script right re advise in your last post?

Blubear.
05-09-2006, 01:30 PM
Free Member

I don't know how to solve this but I would never use:
- c:\ as the directory to dump my D2V project files
- a D2V filename (or anyother filename to be honest) with a long name and with spaces or special characters in it.
Care to try these advises?
Cheers

EDIT: and I am assuming that the first " character on the first line of your script is a typo
05-09-2006, 02:57 PM
Free Member

Hi Rui,

Thank you for your reply to my post. I understand what you say about never using C:\ as a place to dump d2v files but now i must admit to being somewhat confused. When i first started in KVCD and had many,many problems with Avisynth many a member replied to my posts some of them moderators telling me that my file path was too long and that a solution was to keep it as short as possible by placing it directly in C:\ . I'm quiet sure i never imagined this although i must troll back through my old posts at some point to make sure

If not directly on C:\ where or what path do you use for example and i could maybe try that. Besides this up until recetly i have been doing KDVD's using the aforementioned path and had no problems. I am however please open to suggestions as to remedy the situation.

Thank you,
Blubear.
05-09-2006, 03:04 PM
Free Member

You must have mistyped something in your script because the line 1, column 26 is the \ character and there is no reason that there is an error there.

Can you type you script exactly, with absolutly no modification, between CODE tag ? BTW, I do everythin into "D:\KVCD".
05-09-2006, 03:46 PM
Free Member

Hi Phil-Rui,

Sorted the problem! A typing error of all things.

Code:
"MPEG2Dec3_Mpeg2Source("C:\Million Dollar Baby.d2v")
The error is the first " before MPEG2Dec3. Its all working sweet now can switch between versions by adding script line to my script:

Code:
LoadPlugin("C:\AviSynth 2.5\Decoders\MPEG2dec3.dll")
Or...

Code:
LoadPlugin("C:\AviSynth 2.5\Decoders\DGDecode.dll")
Thanks Guys,
Blubear.